Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond - Would you want him back?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Lopez, Hammond, Vicente, Dicker, Bridge, there is some serious wages being saved there.

Time we brought a few midfielders in

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As I've said on another thread recently, if OG wants to play a higher pace (passing wise) style of attacking football, Dean Hammond is not going to fit the bill as a central midfielder. His slowness of thought and leg let him down. There were many occasions last season when we were playing slick passing football until the ball feel to Deano, who then took a couple of seconds to get it under control, then look up to see what was on, crab sideways a bit and then pass it back to Greer.

He certainly has the physical presence we need, but not the technical ability of fluidity on the ball.

So for me, it's a NO

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
As I've said on another thread recently, if OG wants to play a higher pace (passing wise) style of attacking football, Dean Hammond is not going to fit the bill as a central midfielder. His slowness of thought and leg let him down. There were many occasions last season when we were playing slick passing football until the ball feel to Deano, who then took a couple of seconds to get it under control, then look up to see what was on, crab sideways a bit and then pass it back to Greer.

He certainly has the physical presence we need, but not the technical ability of fluidity on the ball.

So for me, it's a NO

Spot on Papa

Oct 25, 2003
Hammond does add quite a lot to the team in terms of muscle, experience and leadership. His passing is also decent, but as was pointed out elsewhere he often slows down play...running is also not his strong point.

I'd probably prefer someone who is big and quick, but if that player isn't found I'd be happy with Hammond...thought he had a good season last year

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, unless we can find someone markedly better. He was very consistent during the latter part of the season and one of our better players.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hammond does add quite a lot to the team in terms of muscle, experience and leadership. His passing is also decent, but as was pointed out elsewhere he often slows down play...running is also not his strong point.

I'd probably prefer someone who is big and quick, but if that player isn't found I'd be happy with Hammond...thought he had a good season last year

I would like him back, even for cover

Yes, unless we can find someone markedly better. He was very consistent during the latter part of the season and one of our better players.

:thumbsup:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Id be happy with him back, would be a solid player to call upon for cover - and its not a player who would break the bank either.

Not to mention there is the stability side to it as he was with us all of last season, its just a case of pick up where you left off.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That if is a big if.

Dean is a leader and is great to have in certain situations and i believe could be even better under an attack minded manager.
Oh and he is Brighton, so a big yes for me.

Dean is a leader and Croftsy isn't?. Andrew Crofts was GP's captain the season we won League One remember.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here