Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond support thread.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Everyone deserves a second chance - takes a bigger man to come back and apologise for something that he's done than to walk away and never look back!!!
Sure, but he hasn't apologised.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
This has got be one of the most pathetic and idiotic posts I have ever read.

The facts: he scored for the club that paid his wages, for the team that he was part of and in front of the fans of that club and team. He then celebrated scoring his goal.

How does this make him a 'fucktard'? Care to say that to his face, I'm sure it could be arranged, or do you just get off on extreme insults safely behind the anonominity of your keyboard?

Fact: Everyone in the stadium that day did not despise him. I was there and neither I or the group of fans I was with 'despised him'. We didn't like it but hardly a cause to despise anyone surely?

How was he lucky not to get lynched? Who did he murder? Who did he sexually abuse? Exactly.

Dean will be welcomed back by all the many fans that remember the many games he gave his all in playing for the Albion. I just hope that you remain behind your keyboard and seek help for your remarkably warped view of human nature and life in general.

Alternatively go away and come back when you've grown up.
Isn't a fucktard a leotard with a hole in the crotch?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Will get my full support... still think he could apologise for his infamous gesture... not necessary for me, but for some fans might be required...

If I remember rightly, wasn't he sold reluctantly on all sides - i.e. the club and Dean - because he was a valuable asset and we needed the money. And Colchester were in a higher division.

He was on his way to Charlton to discuss a permanent, and by the sound of it, when he gathered there was an interest from Brighton he jumped at it. He seems to want to come back. One volunteer is worth ten pressed men, so fair play to him.

I didn't like him at Southampton, either, but........

This...
He was treated pretty badly as any asset of a cash strapped side would.

He never wanted to go and was booed the minute he played against us..As a young guy I would have done exactly the same in that pumped up situation as he did.We gave it he gave it back and we didn't like it!!

I also heard he was almost putting ink in the pen at a London based club and could not get to Brighton quick enough when he heard of interest!

Wages were the last thing talked about, and he was pretty emotional at signing!(fact)
A professional footballer in our colours will get full support from me.

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
He never wanted to go and was booed the minute he played against us..As a young guy I would have done exactly the same in that pumped up situation as he did.We gave it he gave it back and we didn't like it!!.

NO HE WASN'T.

People really need to stop lying about this. dan harding has got dogs abuse every time he's played against us and once again took the brunt of any abuse that night. hammond did what he did under little provocation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
NO HE WASN'T.

People really need to stop lying about this. dan harding has got dogs abuse every time he's played against us and once again took the brunt of any abuse that night. hammond did what he did under little provocation.

I agree and there's a lot of rewriting of history here.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Well, I liked him as a player when he was with us - local lad and all that - and wasn't there when he appears to have pissed off some folk at Withdean.

I'd never boo my own team anyway and I'm certainly not going to start now.

The injury to Crofts shows what a canny signing he could be - I'd far rather see him slot in than some of the other alternatives.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Players can leave whenever they like, he's a pro and it's up to him to behave in a professional manner.

He was our club ex CAPTAIN and he CHOSE to not only behave like a total bellend when he came on at Withers for Southampton but then backs it up by being a prick post match. Why did he choose to do that? Was he getting grief off us? Nope. Was he given a decent welcome? Yep.

So I CHOOSE to view him as a fucktard. I despised him after that performance and so did everyone in the ground that day.

He was lucky not to get lynched let alone re-signed after that display.
Yes he WAS getting grief from the fans and he did not get a welcome from the fans...he was booed from the beginning....I'm sure some of you guys have selective views...players are human just like you...what would you do if you got grief from fans like that....done an Eric Cantona perhaps....he admits he was rash but I know he will give his all for the Albion...a big welcome back Deano...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Right, so a poster initially uses Ian Huntley & Fred West as a comparison, a pair of rapist murderers; and then attempts to clarify the situation and backtrack slightly by instead suggesting Lee Hughes a convicted killer behind the wheel of a car :facepalm:

Christ on a bike, is there ANY danger of a little bit of rationality here?

Hammond did something bloody annoying, but to put him in the same context as convicted criminals is frankly embarrassing.

I wasn't remotely pleased when I heard we'd signed him last night (more due to my perception of his limited ability than because of the Saints game) but having said that, I found it ludicrous that anyone would even consider giving him stick on the pitch now. I'm starting to see how he fits into Poyet's plans, having considered it for a bit, so am more than prepared to put the past behind us and move on.

If nothing else, chaps, bear in mind how upset Poyet was at the ironic cheering towards David Gonzalez last season: imagine how much it'll freak him out if he detects hostility towards Hammond?

Come on people, move on, and stop making yourselves look like sulky six year old kids. I don't expect him to get a standing ovation- he'll have to earn the on the pitch-, but neither does he need to get on his knees and grovel to us.

Onwards & upwards :thumbsup:
Edna speaks sense..(.maybe for once)....seriously we must give Deano full support,you'll get what you give...he is Albion...do you really want one of our players to feel rejected....if you do then you have a funny mind.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here