Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond - how do you feel about him now?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
What annoyed me more was his reaction to the pass. He just looked away as if he hadn't a care in the world he just passed to an opposition striker 5 yards from goal.

Which is exectly how he was when he lost the ball and gave away a goal at Crewe a few years ago. There was no attempt to get the ball back - nothing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I had hoped he'd barely feature after we signed Crofts. However, from what I've seen of Crofts since he returned, Hammond is the better option. He's doing an unspectacular job IMO and is nowhere near good enough for the Premiership, but I'm not unhappy that he is an option we have in the squad right now.

D

Deleted member 18477

The Withdean nonsense seems to have been forgotten, I don't hear anyone making reference to that anymore and he appears to be the preferred partner to Bridcutt over Crofts.

My view is that he is quietly getting more and more solid, giving some much needed big physical presence in the middle that we lacked last season and was so effective for Southampton. Perhaps Bridcutt has been so much better this season because of this. The comparison isn't quite correct but it's similar in some ways to what Kishishev gave us.

And let's not forget that he's a superb penalty taker. I'd have him as a backup over Barnes or CMS.

David or Vicente... so hammond is 3rd in line then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here