Hammond Bashers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The 3rd worst player? How about Ulloa who was always pushed off the ball anytime he managed to et it? How about vicente who constantly miscontrolled the ball and lost it so many times? Bridge who pushed up and lost it in midfield or crossed it too hard so that it went off the pitch?

The reality is nobody in that team had a good game (and Lualua certainly wasn't motm), but Hammond certainly wasn't the worst. At least he got into space, got the ball and his passes managed to get to the person they were supposed to. Which is more than a lot of players managed to do.

Funny old game and interesting that you mention Hammond wasn't the worst player which is what I said :lol: but he was certainly in space, mainly ball watching and paying no attention to the job in hand, and 75% of his passes were straight to the opposition as was the norm for most of the team most of the time yesterday. Did Hammond make a tackle in the first half yesterday? At least Ulloa bothered to try and get the ball under control and Vicente did more in 20 mins than Hammond did in the entire game.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Hammonds great defensive job yesterday, interestingly was Hammonds man who scored for Leicester :lol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It always amazes me how differently spectators see a game. Gus played him for the 90 mins so he cant have been too bad. I thought he had a good game.

Bloody hell. Buckley has been poor for three months but still in the team. Just because Gus can't see it doesn't mean everyone can't either.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Leicester #16 was BEHIND Hammond when the ball bounced off of upson
If you are going to criticize make sure that you are correct which in this case you aren't. I have just re-watched it on FL Show and it is clear that the ball bounced of of Upson to the no 16 and Hammond standing NEXT to him tried to put in a tackle but the 16 took the ball away from Hammonds desperate lunge to his left foot and slots it home.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Imagine a 1000m race between Hammond, dicker, and painter. Everyone would die of boredom before the end.

I've seen sloths move quicker than Hammond.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
If you are going to criticize make sure that you are correct which in this case you aren't. I have just re-watched it on FL Show and it is clear that the ball bounced of of Upson to the no 16 and Hammond standing NEXT to him tried to put in a tackle but the 16 took the ball away from Hammonds desperate lunge to his left foot and slots it home.

Watch it again, when the ball comes over he's behind Hammond

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Watch it again, when the ball comes over he's behind Hammond

Just watched it again and when the throw in was taken he was but he moved towards Upson and we must assume that Hammond expected Upson to clear it not just bounce off of him

I do not think that you can put the blame for the goal on Hammond much as many would like to.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Funny old game and interesting that you mention Hammond wasn't the worst player which is what I said :lol: but he was certainly in space, mainly ball watching and paying no attention to the job in hand, and 75% of his passes were straight to the opposition as was the norm for most of the team most of the time yesterday. Did Hammond make a tackle in the first half yesterday? At least Ulloa bothered to try and get the ball under control and Vicente did more in 20 mins than Hammond did in the entire game.

Warped view of the game, and your hatred of Hammond has led to some strange comparison:

Hammond may not have been great, but Lopez, Ulloa and Orlandi had stinkers.
To compare Hammond with Vicente is bizarre. Almost all the players on the pitch couldn't lace Vicente's boots. Hammond plays to his strengths in a totally different role.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Imagine a 1000m race between Hammond, dicker, and painter. Everyone would die of boredom before the end.

I've seen sloths move quicker than Hammond.

Painter would pull up after about 20m, Hammond would run the full 1000 side-on in the jockey position and Dicker would likely turn full circle every time he progressed 15m.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I posted this on another thread yesterday but may I suggest that the Hammond bashers watch the highlights of Saturday's game. Hammond won the ball in midfield and 4 or 5 moves later Kazenga scored the equaliser. If Hammond did nothing else in the 94 minutes on Saturday, that move alone was worth it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports