Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond Bashers

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It pains me to write this but Dean was chasing shadows too often today and looks a pale shadow of the player of 2005/06. No goal threat and no leadership from him either. A career at the crossroads.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Hammond is average in a team of above average players with one or two proper players.

He wasn't good enough for Southampton in the prem and he ain't good enough to get us there.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Even on one of his better days I just dont think he offers enough and with any consistency. He lacks pace and plays with his head down and his passing decisions are nearly always negative back.or sideways. The big shame is that CROFT seems half the player he was for us first time round otherwise Hammond would not get a look in.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He just can't move , he is second to nearly every ball, at times he was our furthest player forward and offered absoloutly nothing going forward. Rather play jfc much more chance of scoring.

So all midfielders are rated by their goalscoring prowess? You must think Bridcutt is shit.

I thought Hammond put in a good shift today. Orlandi and Lopez were the problem.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
I thought Hammond had a poor game, but as others have said, the midfield overall was weak. Nobody, other than McBirdcutt, seemed up for it and we allowed Leicester to play through us. Don't think it will happen again this season, so I am still confident if a top 6 finish.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Did Hammond have a bad game? I thought defensively we looked pretty good, that must be his primary aim.

Leave the attacking to the flairniacs and contribute as much as possible, but his job is to protect our back line. He did it.

Hammond has done well since his return to the club. Not the quickest, and obviously we have better technical players, but he adds height and physique to our tippy-tappy set of midfielders and ia a goal threat from set pieces. He misplaces a pass about as often as Bridcutt and I'm always amused when you get the crowd screaming at him when that happens but then pretend it didn't happen when our new international does it.

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
The Hammond bashers are either bitter old sods who have still not got over his actions at withdean, or they are people with a complete lack of understanding of hammond's role on the team. He was not signed to be a star who would single handedly take us up, scoring 20 goals and never missing a pass/tackle in the process, he is a utility player who an give us extra depth and other dimensions in our midfield options. I think he has done that very well.

Not a basher but say what I see, he was pedestrian, off the pace and looking in need of losing a few pounds...at times he was treading water and I would have been happy to see him taken off. As for making 5 yards to collect a ball in the vicinity, he struggled to do that all afternoon. End of rant.

On the plus side we got apoint we barely deserved, it is clearly there for any team who can avoid losing so we might just sneak it.:albion2:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Hammond did OK but Jesus he's slow. It's like having a weeping angel on the pitch at times..

Still I like having him around for defensive set-pieces, nice height on the lad.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Hammond has done well since his return to the club. Not the quickest, and obviously we have better technical players, but he adds height and physique to our tippy-tappy set of midfielders and ia a goal threat from set pieces. He misplaces a pass about as often as Bridcutt and I'm always amused when you get the crowd screaming at him when that happens but then pretend it didn't happen when our new international does it.

Are you p1ssed? He is our worst player. FACT!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This, and held the defensive side of CM together during Bridcutt's ban or injuries.
Was a key player in a quiet way in many of our victories.

He was not the reason for the outclassed performance today ... Ulloa, Lopez, Orlandi, Greer, LuaLua had 'mares, the latter being reprieved by his vital equaliser.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Hammond was the 3rd worst player today after Orlandi & Spanish Dave. He was absolute turd in the 1st half, couldn't pass the ball and spent far too long ball watching and not bothering to close the opposition down or challenge for the ball. Better in the second half, but then my 10 year old boy would have been an improvement on Hammonds 1st half.

The 3rd worst player? How about Ulloa who was always pushed off the ball anytime he managed to et it? How about vicente who constantly miscontrolled the ball and lost it so many times? Bridge who pushed up and lost it in midfield or crossed it too hard so that it went off the pitch?

The reality is nobody in that team had a good game (and Lualua certainly wasn't motm), but Hammond certainly wasn't the worst. At least he got into space, got the ball and his passes managed to get to the person they were supposed to. Which is more than a lot of players managed to do.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You look at our side of one year ago and conclude this year's is better. If we continue to progress then in a year's time I don't expect Hammond to be in that side unless he sharpens up his act.

He's doing a job and has improved us generally, but yesterday was a big match and he under- delivered.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In the absence of Ashley Barnes, Hammond is definitely the easiest target for the boo boys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here