Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
You really can’t bear that there is an alternative perspective on any of this can you?

Any time anyone posts any links to what might be considered a Palestinian point of view you have a hissy fit and accuse them of bias or, as per most of your contributions on this thread, accuse them of being anti-semitic or supporting terrorism.

John Pilger was a very well respected journalist because he did exactly that - spoke up for those who were oppressed, under occupation or threatened with genocide despite doing so while most MSM was looking at the world through the lenses of imperialistic cultural biases..

Try an get outside the bubble of your western bias and consider what life is like for the ordinary Palestinian in Gaza at the moment- and yes, I know it was a terrible massacre, we have said so repeatedly….this genocide is happening because of a US/UK bias in supporting Israel as much as anything else.

Like I’ve said before, by the time those that can do something to stop genocide actually accept or even realise what is happening it is often too late to save the victims.
My point had nothing to do with his view on Palestine. It was that his work for most of the last 30 plus years has utterly tarnished his early reputation. He's been about as well respected as George Galloway or Alex Jones for decades, due to his enthusiastic cheering on of Milosovic, Asaad & Putin, among others. Interesting that you chose not to address this at all, simply attacking me & what you presume to know I feel

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
My point had nothing to do with his view on Palestine.
Then why make it in response to an interview I posted about Palestine on a thread that is discussing Palestine ffs 🙄

His views on Palestine are widely respected and were quite prophetic too.

Ps I see you are back to using laughter emojis in response to comments you don’t like - @Bozza warned you about that last week.

Last edited:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Then why make it in response to an interview I posted about Palestine on a thread that is discussing Palestine ffs 🙄

His views on Palestine are widely respected and were quite prophetic too.

Ps I see you are back to using laughter emojis in response to comments you don’t like - @Bozza warned you about that last week.
I used the laughter emoji because I felt your post merited it. I'm not aware that its use was actually banned?
& I was responding to your description of Pilger. Lauding him as close to infallible, when for decades he's been seen by most as a dangerous crank. For the reasons I mentioned. Twice.
Have a good day

Reactions: cjd

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
n. He's been about as well respected as George Galloway or Alex Jones for decades, due to his enthusiastic cheering on of Milosovic, Asaad & Putin, among others. Interesting that you chose not to address this at all, simply attacking me & what you presume to know I feel
Any time anyone posts any links to what might be considered a Palestinian point of view you have a hissy fit and accuse them of bias or, as per most of your contributions on this thread, accuse them of being anti-semitic or supporting terrorism - or simply troll their answers with laughter emojis.
The above isn’t an ‘attack’ it is just pointing out what numerous people have already pointed out re some of you contributions to the thread …or did you forgot a few days ago you basically accused me of being a terrorist and anti-Semitic? But that’s not really an issue tbh.🙂

As for Pilger - he was was indeed well respected by many for his views on Palestine regardless of his later work. That was the point of posting his interview- it provides a perspective we don’t normally give air to in the West because of inherent cultural bias.

If you are suggesting that what is contained in the linked interviews/blogs are not accurate descriptions of the situation in Gaza then of course that’s fair enough - but when videos include film of a disabled person being tipped out of their wheelchair by an IDF soldier and Palestinians being systematically abused and humiliated, it is hard to see how that is ‘fake’ - but please provide alternative sources to refute them, I agree with things needing to be fact checked - it is simply not enough however, to say just because some sources are obviously pro-Palestine in their perspective that they are invalid or false. That indeed would be a biased approach. 🤷🏻‍♂️

An impartial approach considers truth from all perspectives that’s all - something journalists used to be good at before becoming mouthpieces for power and government.

Last edited:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
The above isn’t an ‘attack’ it is just pointing out what numerous people have already pointed out re some of you contributions to the thread …or did you forgot a few days ago you basically accused me of being a terrorist and anti-Semitic? But that’s not really an issue tbh.🙂

As for Pilger - he was was indeed well respected by many for his views on Palestine regardless of his later work. That was the point of posting his interview- it provides a perspective we don’t normally give air to in the West because of inherent cultural bias.

If you are suggesting that what is contained in the linked interviews/blogs are not accurate descriptions of the situation in Gaza then of course that’s fair enough - but when videos include film of a disabled person being tipped out of their wheelchair by an IDF soldier and Palestinians being systematically abused and humiliated, it is hard to see how that is ‘fake’ - but please provide alternative sources to refute them, I agree with things needing to be fact checked - it is simply not enough however, to say just because some sources are obviously pro-Palestine in their perspective that they are invalid or false. That indeed would be a biased approach. 🤷🏻‍♂️

An impartial approach considers truth from all perspectives that’s all.🙂
"you basically accused me of being a terrorist and anti-Semitic?"
I never did any such thing, or anything that could be interpreted as such.
Stop making things up, it makes you look silly/weird/extraordinarily unreliable

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

An impartial approach considers truth from all perspectives that’s all.🙂
Another day, another thousand words from the self-appointed thread curator :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
"you basically accused me of being a terrorist and anti-Semitic?"
I never did any such thing, or anything that could be interpreted as such.
Stop making things up, it makes you look silly/weird/extraordinarily unreliable
aolstudios said:
. “Ok, I've given you the benefit of the doubt this far but I don't think I believe you post in good faith on here. Ever. Your increasingly desperate, bizarrely massive, hysterical screeds, claiming to be neutral while without exception somehow managing to be an apologist for Hamas
TomHark said:
And, to clarify, this is not an 'ad hominem' attack - to use his favourite phrase - on the poster in question, it's an attack on the entity he is posting on behalf of”
aolstudios said:
Well, exactly. Hence my increasing suspicion
“That is not true. Jewish Israeli kids are not inoculated against the politics. How can you even make that judgement. Your antisemitic prejudice is truly showing.”

And this /\ One of the many examples of posts on this thread that you gave a thumbs up to for calling me anti-semitic.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How ironic that a thread about a bitter war has degenerated into a bitter war of words.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Not only does that not back up your accusations one bit but you've mysteriously managed to make the 3rd quote look like mine. When you know it isn't.
Anyone might think you're not posting in good faith.
Again

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Ok that’s enough - I’m done.

The issue is too serious to be discussed like this.:timmy:

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Anything you choose to put on an open forum is open to a response from others. If you don’t want to see those responses, you can put other members on ignore. It’s either that, or don’t post in the first place if you can’t handle the reaction :shrug:
You've still not replied to my question of yesterday.

Your input above appears to be your only post in this particular thread and I find it strange that you choose to target me.

Is there anything else you'd like to add on the Genocide currently taking place in Palestine? :shrug:

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Another day, another thousand words from the self-appointed thread curator :rolleyes:

Corbyn's Jew hating acolytes DDN & notorious obsessive Antisemite lowkey. Fabulous.
I'm convinced now.
Who you got next? Chris Williamson & David Miller? Galloway? Chemical Ali?

I have to say, neither of you have engaged with any of the points made, either by the posters or in the videos they have posted.

It appears that some people, when confronted with facts or opinions that oppose their own, simply resort to epithets and insults. It's not very intelligent or a particularly 'good look', in my opinion.

I think @Zeberdi is right to disengage with you two but I think it is to the detriment of this thread and this board in general. I think most people reading this thread will agree that his posts are thoughtful and well-researched.

You don't win an argument by shouting people down or bullying them off the board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here