Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
It's been very notable that throughout this thread those who support Israel's actions mostly haven't really brought much in constructive arguments.
We've had people trying to have the thread shut down, constant trolling by emojis and now persistent personal attacks. I know the world is a bit dumbed down now but seriously criticising someone who backs up their arguments as being a red flag is unreal.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's been very notable that throughout this thread those who support Israel's actions mostly haven't really brought much in constructive arguments.
We've had people trying to have the thread shut down, constant trolling by emojis and now persistent personal attacks. I know the world is a bit dumbed down now but seriously criticising someone who backs up their arguments as being a red flag is unreal.
Maybe, just maybe, those who support Israel's actions are as pissed off as Israel is with the cruel slaughter of innocents on October 7th. Which, lest we forget, is the worst attack on Jewish people since the Holocaust. Hamas knew exactly how Israel would respond to such inhuman savagery. And just like pre-October 7th they continue to conduct their cowardly war by using women and kids as human shields

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Please feel free to ban me from this thread for pointing out what are blatantly manipulative red flags …And, to clarify, this is not an 'ad hominem' attack - to use his favourite phrase - on the poster in question, it's an attack on the entity he is posting on behalf of
What are you accusing me of? Working for a terrorist organisation? And yes, of course it is an ad hominem attack to falsely accuse someone on NSC of supporting some Machiavellian ’entity’ in order to silence the views of someone you disagree with- there is no ‘entity’ and you know it.

And by the way your comments have ONLY been liked by the same posters that have posted strong pro-Israel positions, ignored moderate debate, ignored facts, accused others of anti-semitism, posted Islamophobic sentiments and trolled the thread through a number of means and made repeated personal attacks on others to the point being threatened with bans— nice company you keep.

You are very much in a minority, not just in the UK but in the World, in giving your completely unbridled support to how Israel is conducting its war on Hamas - even the US, Israel’s greatest ally, has been working for weeks behind the scenes to put pressure on Israel to make more effort to avoid civilian casualties:

Last edited:

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Maybe, just maybe, those who support Israel's actions are as pissed off as Israel is with the cruel slaughter of innocents on October 7th. Which, lest we forget, is the worst attack on Jewish people since the Holocaust. Hamas knew exactly how Israel would respond to such inhuman savagery. And just like pre-October 7th they continue to conduct their cowardly war by using women and kids as human shields
Personally, I don't think we should support either 'side' like it's a football match. This conflict has killed over 20,000 innocent civilians from Israel and Palestine. I believe that Hamas and the Israeli authorities are both responsible for this atrocity and should be condemned.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill

Have you read this article? You can correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's written by a Jewish journalist born and living in Israel for a Jewish paper.

I'd say Netenyahu has shot himself in the foot, whatever Hamas actions.

And now he conveniently wants the Palestinians to pay for it.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Personally, I don't think we should support either 'side' like it's a football match. This conflict has killed over 20,000 innocent civilians from Israel and Palestine. I believe that Hamas and the Israeli authorities are both responsible for this atrocity and should be criticised for their actions.
So do most people on this thread including me - Nobody here is supporting Hamas just to be clear or working for any organisation that does ( I work for a conservation organisation that carries out scientific surveys to track the impacts of climate change - despite what THPP would have people believe) - the people that need our support are the innocent civilians getting caught up in the war - those that died on 7/10, the families of the hostages still held in Gaza, the innocent civilians that have died in Lebanon, Syria and the West Bank refugee camps; the thousands of Gazans who have died and the million Gazans at immediate risk of starvation.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Personally, I don't think we should support either 'side' like it's a football match. This conflict has killed over 20,000 innocent civilians from Israel and Palestine. I believe that Hamas and the Israeli authorities are both responsible for this atrocity and should be condemned.
so much deeper than this mate ....so deep its an abomination of contemporary , basic , human rights .....it's just not right. i'll go out on a limb and expect to get hammered but Ukraine is the same scenario .....it's a land grab.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't particularly support Israel's actions. How could anyone possibly provide a constructive argument to support killing civilians and bombing cities to buggery :shrug:
However, it's possible at the same time to recognise that Hamas must be eliminated after what they did, that means a ground war which will inevitably be messy.
I'd very much like to see more humanitarian support from Isreal. The whole situation is a terrible mess of cause and effect and has been for decades.
You mean he gives his opinion and provides sources to back it up?
It's just confirmation bias (on an industrial scale) that you're willing to overlook because you broadly agree with the narrative.
I've also provided sources which were instantly dismissed as propaganda.

There's something about his style of posting that's completely off. That whole series of posts yesterday and today about the Hamas sexual violence was incredibly manipulative in way that I don't see from others (who are the supposed "other side") like, for instance, yourself @Bakero or @wellquickwoody.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
I don't particularly support Israel's actions. How could anyone possibly provide a constructive argument to support killing civilians and bombing cities to buggery :shrug:
However, it's possible at the same time to recognise that Hamas must be eliminated after what they did, that means a ground war which will inevitably be messy.
I'd very much like to see more humanitarian support from Isreal. The whole situation is a terrible mess of cause and effect and has been for decades.
I take it you're all for Netenyahu to be eliminated too then, after all Hamas is his baby.

Last edited:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

It's just confirmation bias (on an industrial scale) that you're willing to overlook because you broadly agree with the narrative.
I've also provided sources which were instantly dismissed as propaganda.

There's something about his style of posting that's completely off. That whole series of posts yesterday and today about the Hamas sexual violence was incredibly manipulative in way that I don't see from others (who are the supposed "other side") like, for instance, yourself @Bakero or @wellquickwoody.
This ^

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

it's just another attempt at silencing a moderate and balanced evaluation of what is going on over there. If you can't argue the points being made then attack the poster with some weird claim that they are working for some shadowy group (with no evidence or detail to back up such a claim).

I guess such deep set opinions and cheering for ones side are all part of the problem of this conflict.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
My style of posting is I hope informative and backed up by a broad range of resources and above all, aim always to show respect to those who do not share a similar perspective on this war which for me is to focus on the suffering of innocent civilians and maintaining an analytical open-minded approach to the news...

As far as the posts yesterday- I urge you to go back and read them again and also the comment I posted by the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights who, as I have done, said there needs to be a serious and thorough investigation to establish whether Hamas premeditated a systematic sexual abuse attack as part of their terror tactics on October 7 or whether the evidence points to isolated and ‘off-mission’ attacks. There is a big difference. Hamas can claim deniability as an organisation for the latter and put the blame on a few rogue militants. Israel can demonise Hamas as an organisation for the former, which serves to reinvigorate moral support from the international community for their war in Gaza - both have a vested interest in the outcome of the UN commission’s investigation into these potential war crimes.

Also I think it important to see any investigation into these attacks in the context of the reality of journalism. The press is routinely censored in conflict zones and has been especially by Israel and Hamas for years, journalists restricted and MSM outlets even manipulated by increasingly sophisticated propaganda methods that use social media and in particular AI …

Foreign journalists while being allowed to move freely in Israel are under constant surveillance by drones and security cameras and not allowed in Gaza at all unless under strict control by the IDF ( nor are Israeli journalists) - Palestinian journalists are systematically subject to violence in Israel as well as in Gaza and the West Bank and any media reports that Israel judges to undermine ‘Israeli national security‘ are shut down - this could mean anyone providing a Palestinian or Muslim perspective or a foreign journalist questioning Israel’s war efforts - under new laws they could lose complete access to coverage of the war or events on the ground in Israel - no journalist ever wants to risk loss of access - that is their job gone if they do …there are accusations that journalists are even being deliberately targeted by the IDF and Hamas in Gaza with hundreds killed but that’s an issue for a later time.

It is not exactly a climate that facilitates independent scrutiny, verification of events or unbiased coverage of the war is it?

ttps://www.vox.com/23972456/journalists-killed-gaza-israel-press-freedom

If anyone is being manipulated around what is happening in this war, it is certainly not me doing the manipulating 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
so much deeper than this mate ....so deep its an abomination of contemporary , basic , human rights .....it's just not right. i'll go out on a limb and expect to get hammered but Ukraine is the same scenario .....it's a land grab.
So much deeper? No - the OP's called it about right. Both sides are in the wrong, both sides are responsible for the slaughter and both sides are worthy of condemnation. There are no good guys in this.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
So much deeper? No - the OP's called it about right. Both sides are in the wrong, both sides are responsible for the slaughter and both sides are worthy of condemnation. There are no good guys in this.
There are not two sides in this war, it’s multi-faceted and there are ‘good guys’ in this - it is the innocent civilians ie woman, children, babies getting caught up in between the not ‘good guys‘ on all sides. The thousands getting slaughtered and losing their homes and infrastructure and under threat of removal from Gaza with no right of return or being killed in refugee camps in the West Bank.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There are not two sides in this war, it’s multi-faceted and there are ‘good guys’ in this - it is the innocent civilians ie woman, children, babies getting caught up in between the not ‘good guys‘ on all sides. The thousands getting slaughtered and losing their homes and infrastructure and under threat of removal from Gaza with no right of return or being killed in refugee camps in the West Bank.
Not having that. There are innocent victims (many of whom voted for the wrong leaders, but that's not a crime). But no good guys.

There are always innocent victims in any war, but they are not a 'side'.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Not having that. There are innocent victims (many of whom voted for the wrong leaders, but that's not a crime). But no good guys.
How is a 3 year old kid or new born baby not a ‘good guy’? I honestly don’t understand your distinction between ‘good guys’ and victims - there are many good people in both Israel and Gaza - I happen to know some of them.

EDIT You’ve now edited your post to add: ‘“There are always innocent victims in any war, but they are not a ‘side‘” That changes my response too - I didn’t say victims were a ‘side’ - I said the war was multi faceted and there are good people ‘here’ - I was responding to you unedited sentence that said: ‘There are no good people here’. Clearly a miscommunication. 🤷‍♂️

It raises another point (not directed at you!) why reducing the war narrative down to ’two sides’ like a football match between the ideologies of Hamas and the Israeli Government, doesn’t allow a discussion that gives due credence to the 2 million people caught in the middle at risk of genocide by starvation or by munition or the nuances of radicalisms when groups are both victimising each other. Too many people say, “oh, I can’t be bothered, they are both as bad as each other’ or ‘I am neither for nor against, there’s ‘bad on both sides’ or ‘what’s the point of the debate, it will never be resolved between Jews and Muslims’ but that is not the end of the discussion. Humanitarian concern for the innocent victims of conflict should be areligious and apolitical - it shouldn’t be thrown out with the bath water imo..

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
‘Uh? How is a 3 year old kid or new born baby not a ‘good guy’? I honestly don’t understand your distinction between ‘good guys’ and victims - there are many good people in both Israel and Gaza - I happen to know some of them.

EDIT You just edited your post to add ‘victims aren’t a side‘

I didn’t say they were - I said the war was multi faceted and there are good people ‘here’ - I was responding to your comment that there were no ‘good people here’ - so no, victims aren’t a ‘side’ but I didn’t say they were, just they are caught between the people that are ‘not good’ .
There are victims. Tragically, whenever there is a war. They are collateral damage - not part of one side or the other.

Just victims. Nothing more, nothing less. Not good guys, not bad guys. Just collateral damage, that's all. Do you seriously think that WWII was not a case of good version Nazi evil? Innocent Brits, including babies and children, were killed. So were German babies and children. All victims. Just victims. Nothing more. It's called war - those responsible for it are guilty.

There is no 'good side' in Gaza (unlike, say, in Ukraine). Just two lots of bad guys, intent on murder if they think it will further their cause.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here