[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
good point , well made .......if we look at the positions of the small proportions of Jewish people within the broader society i think we will find that on the whole they hold relatively higher positions within their adopted societies and are generally fairly wealthy , professional types with all the authority and political clout that comes with such status.
I await the two or three standard responses to your valid comment. The truth hurts.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
WIDESPREAD RAPE committed by HAMAS ON OCTOBER 7 - propaganda, hearsay or true?

Further to the link, I posted above, I am absolutely not saying these claims are untrue (and if they are true then that’s horrific) just that the bodies found were not examined for forensic evidence of assault before they were burned or buried, nor interviews done with any survivors of the alleged rape (despite all the claims of testimony after testimony) - in fact no survivors of rape have been produced according to EI The one witness on Israel’s video to the Western media claiming to have seen a woman being gang raped with her own eyes also says in the next breath, “ Hamas soldiers were celebrating with decapitated Israeli heads on sticks” - no first hand proof or evidence for that has been found.

Therefore, before taking what you read in the media as being the absolute truth about these allegations of systematic rape and assault by Hamas on 7 October, and before accusing anyone that questions them to be on the side of Hamas allow yourselves the benefit of at least considering an alternative explanation, then decide what you want to believe …but you won’t find it on X or unadulterated form of it in the Western media - the real truth might be somewhere in between.

Please - Just watch the video by Electronic Intifada - it’s basically saying what I have been trying to say above…and what the report says that I linked to …and while I don’t go as far as debunking the mass rape claim myself, I at least take it on board as a possibility that the claims of systematic rape by Hamas on October 7 are emanating out of a very sophisticated propaganda exercise:

This is also food for thought - Are the English translations of Arabic videos depicting Hamas being posted on Social media accurate?

EI are an independent group covering the Israeli Palestinian conflict

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Except for the repeated personal attacks and abuse against those posters trying to find a balanced, egalitarian POV, establish facts and carve a path of humanitarian perspective through a complex maze of propaganda, lies, racist rhetoric and extremist ideology espoused by protagonists on BOTH sides to this conflict. 😕

All I have ever done is acknowledge extremism on both sides, the right of Israel to protect herself proportionally and the right of Israel to exist. Support the rights for Palestinians to be independent and free from occupation. Condemned without reserve, the atrocities committed by Hamas. Condemned the mass slaughter of children and women who are not involved in the Hamas paramilitaries armed forces. Treated with circumspect claims made by both sides until independently verified.

Frankly I am getting tired of the abusive comments and ad hominem attacks against me personally, the failure of these to be moderated despited repeatedly reporting them - I have not done that to anyone on this thread regardless of what they’ve posted - if you think calling someone ‘sick’ and ‘twiisted’ or ’fake’ or casting doubts on their personal identity and integrity is not emotive finger pointing, what is?
I can only assume I have your abusive detractors on ignore. A facility that serves me well.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I apologise for my presumption.
I agree with your comment and know about the tunnel system underneath Gaza, so you don't need to send me a video.

I think everyone knows about the tunnel system so @Greenbag50 's videos must relate to something else. If they're legitimate and relevant, why not share?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Except for the repeated personal attacks and abuse against those posters trying to find a balanced, egalitarian POV, establish facts and carve a path of humanitarian perspective through a complex maze of propaganda, lies, racist rhetoric and extremist ideology espoused by protagonists on BOTH sides to this conflict. 😕

All I have ever done is acknowledge extremism on both sides, the right of Israel to protect herself proportionally and the right of Israel to exist. Support the rights for Palestinians to be independent and free from occupation. Condemned without reserve, the atrocities committed by Hamas. Condemned the mass slaughter of children and women who are not involved in the Hamas paramilitaries armed forces. Treated with circumspect claims made by both sides until independently verified.

Frankly I am getting tired of the abusive comments and ad hominem attacks against me personally, the failure of these to be moderated despited repeatedly reporting them - I have not done that to anyone on this thread regardless of what they’ve posted - if you think calling someone ‘sick’ and ‘twiisted’ or ’fake’ or casting doubts on their personal identity and integrity is not emotive finger pointing, what is?
I would suggest putting the poster in question on ignore. They have shown time and again on this thread that their lack of perspective inhibits any possibly of any kind of worthwhile contribution.

Your post on here have been measured, factual, balanced and incredibly informative. I've not been on here for for a while but your detractors are snide and blinded by their own bias.

Best to ignore and move on. Just know though your contributions are valued by many.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just for you're info no you haven't, at least you've been giving them a fair bit of support and thumbs up over the last couple of weeks.
I hope I haven't been applauding people for abusing zeberdi :ohmy:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
The lives, and viewpoints, of individual Jews do count, and are as important as those from any other identifiable group.

What should not count for much in the conscience of many nationalities, is the group viewpoint of the Jewish faith. Stephen Pollard (I’m sure you are aware of him) recently stated that people would be surprised at the number of Jews in the UK. I was intrigued, asked myself what my estimate would be, and then researched the answer, I was very surprised by the result. Depending on the criteria applied to identify ‘Jewishness’ there are only two hundred and fifty to four hundred thousand Jews resident in the UK, making up less than 0.5 per cent of the population. Even more surprising is that the total number of Jews is the fifth highest in the world amongst all countries, the US and of course Israel being the highest.

So considering that less than one in two hundred people in the UK are Jewish, why is it that our politicians are so keen to bend over and support the views of such a small minority? Especially when a far greater volume and percentage of the electorate are seen to support calls for a ceasefire, and an end to disproportionate Israeli violence? It seems the voice of the Jewish faith is very influential, rather than it not counting don’t you think?
& there it is. Trope number two.
The imagined massive Jewish influence.
You're collecting the set 👏🏼

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, just some encouragement it looks like to me.
I tend to give a thumbs up if I happen to find comments interesting. There are plenty of posters whose views overlap with some of mine, and perhaps in some cases, only a few of mine. I take each post as I find it, in the first instance. If I find people are pursuing a snide agenda then I am likely to put them on ignore. If I have given a thumbs up to someone who has elsewhere written something obnoxious I may not have picked up on it. Sufficed to say I have made my views on the Israel/Gaza debacle very clear. The person I have given most thumbs up to on this thread is undoubtedly @Zeberdi

Last edited:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
WIDESPREAD RAPE committed by HAMAS ON OCTOBER 7 - propaganda, hearsay or true?

Further to the link, I posted above, I am absolutely not saying these claims are untrue (and if they are true then that’s horrific) just that the bodies found were not examined for forensic evidence of assault before they were burned or buried, nor interviews done with any survivors of the alleged rape (despite all the claims of testimony after testimony) - in fact no survivors of rape have been produced according to EI The one witness on Israel’s video to the Western media claiming to have seen a woman being gang raped with her own eyes also says in the next breath, “ Hamas soldiers were celebrating with decapitated Israeli heads on sticks” - no first hand proof or evidence for that has been found.

Therefore, before taking what you read in the media as being the absolute truth about these allegations of systematic rape and assault by Hamas on 7 October, and before accusing anyone that questions them to be on the side of Hamas allow yourselves the benefit of at least considering an alternative explanation, then decide what you want to believe …but you won’t find it on X or unadulterated form of it in the Western media - the real truth might be somewhere in between.

Please - Just watch the video by Electronic Intifada - it’s basically saying what I have been trying to say above…and what the report says that I linked to …and while I don’t go as far as debunking the mass rape claim myself, I at least take it on board as a possibility that the claims of systematic rape by Hamas on October 7 are emanating out of a very sophisticated propaganda exercise:

This is also food for thought - Are the English translations of Arabic videos depicting Hamas being posted on Social media accurate?

EI are an independent group covering the Israeli Palestinian conflict

'Electronic Intifada'
The clue's in the name ffs

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
& there it is. Trope number two.
The imagined massive Jewish influence.
You're collecting the set 👏🏼
Ahh, another term almost only ever used by members of the Jewish faith, trope. Have you copyrighted it yet so that others who use it can be accused of antisemitism?

You did read the whole post about the numbers involved? And could you justify why the UK, and other western governments, pay so much attention to the views of a minority religious group over and above the more popular view from their electorates?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Ahh, another term almost only ever used by members of the Jewish faith, trope. Have you copyrighted it yet so that others who use it can be accused of antisemitism?

You did read the whole post about the numbers involved? And could you justify why the UK, and other western governments, pay so much attention to the views of a minority religious group over and above the more popular view from their electorates?
It's in IHRA.
Maybe read it?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It's in IHRA.
Maybe read it?
I have, along with a variety of other sources of info. Unlike you who will only entertain sources that confirm your closed mind viewpoint and ignore anything that might deem to criticise Israel/Judaism.

Awaits pathetic laughing emoji.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I would suggest putting the poster in question on ignore. They have shown time and again on this thread that their lack of perspective inhibits any possibly of any kind of worthwhile contribution.

Your post on here have been measured, factual, balanced and incredibly informative. I've not been on here for for a while but your detractors are snide and blinded by their own bias.

Best to ignore and move on. Just know though your contributions are valued by many.
What do you think about @Zeberdi's last post trying to downplay and deny mass sexual violence against women? Is it factual and balanced to tell us to ignore overwhelming evidence in the MSM and believe a dubious video?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports