[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I do however have a major problem with a religion which doesn’t tolerate other religions and must subjugate followers of other religions to follow it. Whose followers openly punish and kill those who don’t follow the scriptures, who stone women openly in the streets, and who allow their men to marry 12 year old girls.
Can’t think of another religion which allows this.

We have covered this earlier in the thread in response to Islamophobic stereotyping…but suffice to say, violence against women is not confined to Muslim society nor is prearranged marriage - the Indian caste system for example allows child marriage, stoning/honour killings and yet your comments reveal a general bias against Islam.

As for the tweet above - NO ONE here supports Hamas and have said repeatedly Hamas’s treatment of its own people has been violent at times, always oppressive and non-representative of their needs so this tweet proves very little and, I would suggest, it is actually far less favourable to your arguments in support of Israel than you might think;

As a direct result of Israel’s continued bombardments, 93% of the population in Gaza (50% of them children) are at immediate threat of dying from crisis levels of hunger - Israel has blocked aid, bombed food stores, and in particular have targeted bakeries in Gaza. There is now absolute chaos around aid deliveries/supplies as you get in any famine ravished countries when starving people become out of control in an effort to get food. If Hamas is firing shots over the heads of those attacking aid trucks (nb not killing them) as they drive through the border crossing, then I can only assume they are protecting the supplies either for themselves or for civilians/hostages who are still stuck in Northern Gaza who are sick or dying or both.

I would ask not why is Hamas shooting at Gazans attacking the aid deliveries, but why is so little aid getting into Gaza at all, that is making civilians act in utter desperation for food and medicine.

Happy Christmas btw - I hope we can all have a truce for a few days 🎄🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Haven’t seen this, can you provide a source?

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Ahh, Jews & gold.
No tropes for you then
I'd say it was quite a valid explanation as to why Israel supported with arms and offer of nuclear weapons technology an apartheid racist and "nazi like" government South Africa.

Uncomfortable and difficult as that may be to understand, you're welcome to give me another reason.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd say it was quite a valid explanation as to why Israel supported with arms and offer of nuclear weapons technology an apartheid racist and "nazi like" government South Africa.

Uncomfortable and difficult as that may be to understand, you're welcome to give me another reason.
So why did thatcher support South Africa?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Exactly, I don't think you or I supported her.

Perhaps someone who did could explain.
My point was that I don't think Thatcher or Israel supported South Africa because of Jews and gold. South Africa was a last bastion of "civilization" and free marketry in a continent increasingly overrun by self-styled Marxists lunatics like Ebagum (as Private Eye called him) in Zimbabwe and the MPLA in Angola. The 80s was still a time when communist plots and the spread of international marxism was a mainstream concern of the right, even then centre right. So it seems a bit needless to wheel out the old trope about Jews and gold every time Israel and its one-eyed foreign policy is mentioned.

That said @sydney has contacts in South Africa so presumably he knows best.

My view? The time the bombing stopped was some time ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports