[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You have to be an absolute twunt to post something like that on this thread. In fact, replace the tw and add ‘heartless c’ and the statement would be accurate. I do not wish ill on the whole of the Jewish faith, but perhaps a very sizeable minority, or perhaps just dismantling Israel would be a positive action?
Part A, reasonable. Part B, obscure narrative. Just a pass. 45%.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Hamas is the physical representation of hatred of Jews and the Jewish state, and has stated again today it would action Oct 07 again and again until no Israel exists and all Jews are dead.
Do you have a link to this? Been searching but can't find anything.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Hamas is the physical representation of hatred of Jews and the Jewish state, and has stated again today it would action Oct 07 again and again until no Israel exists and all Jews are dead.
How can you counter this with political will and negotiation? You can’t. It’s impossible to wipe out a religious ideology. Something so engrained in people they are willing to die and be celebrated for dying for the cause.
We don’t have this type of passion for killing or destruction in the West, where all we live for is the destruction of another tribe or race of people.
It’s abhorrent. The world has it in bucket loads now and no one can see a way out.
Jews need a home land that is Israel, which happens to be surrounded by Muslim counties, who generally live peacefully with them, unless you are a fanatical death cult, funded by Iran who want you all to die and subjugate all the civilians within your sphere into your cult.
No one wants to see civilians killed in a war, but it happens if you need to defend yourself.
Egypt; open up Rafa to refugees…won’t do it and don’t want to bring the death cult into their country.
Muslims are killing each other every day by the thousand in Sudan. China have imprisoned 1m Muslims, Pakistan are deporting 1m back to Afghanistan…Syria, gassed their own people!!! Obama red line crossed, but did nothing to Assad, as it may have upset Putin because we had the Olympics and World Cup upcoming in Russia, plus he was selling us cheap oil!!
Only when Jews defend them selves and try to trim down a death cult on their door step intent on completely obliterating them from history do we hear a peep from western wet wipes worried what Israel do. Utterly mind boggling….. and don’t get me started on the UN….
This ^ every word...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
All the time Hamas hold the hostages & continue with their avowed intent of endless Oct 7ths, nothing will change
Hostages or no hostages Israel would have still done the same. They are unhinged, their response passed the point of being disproportionate weeks ago.

There are no winners here apart from the share prices of defence companies. Oh and Putin isn’t complaining

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Firstly, Ghazi Hamad is clearly a reprehensible individual. Clearly hold innocent Palestinians in as much contempt as his holds Israelis and happy to see children die as he pontificates from the safety of the UAE or elsewhere.

However, that interview where he calls for repeated attacks is nearly 2 months old. I'm not suggesting he's seen the light and is now advocating peaceful coexistence; but your earlier post was misleading.

Edit: link to story on the interview: https://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas...oct-7-onslaught-many-times-to-destroy-israel/

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I am genuinely intrigued to understand how Israel plans to “eradicate” Hamas, given it is primarily a manifestation of an ideology rather than, say, a nation state which you could conceivably conquer and eradicate.

I would argue the way to do it is not to create at least another generation of local kids who hate your guts, but there we go.

A better way is to support rebuilding Gaza, commit to a two-state solution, work with the international community to rebuild relations with regional partners and encourage economic development in Gaza (and the West Bank) to make a Palestinian state viable and help to remove the desire of the impoverished Palestinians being forced / bombed out of their homes to lash out against the people (Israelis) who are inflicting it on them.

Is this easy? No. Will it appeal to hardline fruitcakes like Netanyahu and his cronies? Not remotely. Is it the only way to make this shit work? I can’t think of a better way.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Firstly, Ghazi Hamad is clearly a reprehensible individual. Clearly hold innocent Palestinians in as much contempt as his holds Israelis and happy to see children die as he pontificates from the safety of the UAE or elsewhere.

However, that interview where he calls for repeated attacks is nearly 2 months old. I'm not suggesting he's seen the light and is now advocating peaceful coexistence; but your earlier post was misleading.

Edit: link to story on the interview: https://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas...oct-7-onslaught-many-times-to-destroy-israel/
To be fair the interview was well after Oct 7, on Nov 1, so the point stands even if the dates are slightly out. Assume the OP only saw it on the day of the tweet so not deliberately trying to mislead.

Reactions: cjd

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I am genuinely intrigued to understand how Israel plans to “eradicate” Hamas, given it is primarily a manifestation of an ideology rather than, say, a nation state which you could conceivably conquer and eradicate.

I would argue the way to do it is not to create at least another generation of local kids who hate your guts, but there we go.

A better way is to support rebuilding Gaza, commit to a two-state solution, work with the international community to rebuild relations with regional partners and encourage economic development in Gaza (and the West Bank) to make a Palestinian state viable and help to remove the desire of the impoverished Palestinians being forced / bombed out of their homes to lash out against the people (Israelis) who are inflicting it on them.

Is this easy? No. Will it appeal to hardline fruitcakes like Netanyahu and his cronies? Not remotely. Is it the only way to make this shit work? I can’t think of a better way.
Israel did every bit of that when withdrawing from Gaza in 2005. Hamas killed all opposition, kept all the money for themselves & fired hundreds of rockets a day into Israel. As they still do

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
There's been plenty of condemnation, but what is the practical solution to Hamas?

The answer can't be to do nothing.
Well, that is the big question. It's been asked several times and, personally, I don't know what the solution is.

I don't think the attacks (of revenge) on Palestine are the right solution and I think it has gone beyond a stage which made it justifiable - now it simply isn't.

The problem is that Hamas represents an ideology which many Palestinians also follow, through being subject to decades of bombing and other attacks. I think the current attack will only create a new generation of Palestinians who will, too, follow Hamas' ideology.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
To be fair the interview was well after Oct 7, on Nov 1, so the point stands even if the dates are slightly out. Assume the OP only saw it on the day of the tweet so not deliberately trying to mislead.

Yeah, I guess he saw it yesterday and assumed it was new. Fact is it's from Nov 1st though so saying it was Dec 22nd is misleading. Two days after that Ghazi Hamad's tone had softened markedly and he was offering to release all the hostages in return for the release of Palestinian prisoners.

What's more, the OP stated that Hamas had threatened to repeat attacks until "all Jews are dead". I didn't see that claim in the Nov 1st interview. At that point Ghazi Hamad was claiming (falsely) that no civilians had been targeted and, hence, the attacks were justified acts of rebellion. He did call for the annihilation of the state of Israel so why not just state that rather than adding an embellishment?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I think it's blindingly obvious that this is the only way to get rid of Hamas as a terrorist organisation. As you point out, it's not easy, but if you want the killing to stop, it's the only way.

Anything else will simply see the two sides continuing to try to 'eradicate' each other and thousands more innocents on both sides dying :shrug:

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
This is a fairly sickening euphemism when amongst the IDF actions have included bombing hospitals, sniping civilians seeking refuge in a church and even killing unarmed escaped Israeli hostages who were unclothed from the waist up and waving white flags!

Not to mention the 2 million driven from their homes and 8000 dead children.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The Jordanian government isn't too keen on accepting Palestinian refugees either , anyone know why ?

Is it because Jordan already hosts the 2nd highest proportion of refugees in the world? (Lebanon no.1)

Jordan is home to an estimated 2 million Palestinians. Anyone know why they ended up there?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Is it because Jordan already hosts the 2nd highest proportion of refugees in the world? (Lebanon no.1)

Jordan is home to an estimated 2 million Palestinians. Anyone know why they ended up there?
Not sure if that is a rhetorical question but around 300,000 Palestinians fled over the border to Jordan ( Syria and Lebanon too) after the 1967 war when Israel seized and illegally occupied the West Bank, Golan Heights and Gaza - now some 6 million Palestinians and their descendants live in refugee camps around the ME.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Not sure if that is a rhetorical question but around 300,000 Palestinians fled over the border to Jordan ( Syria and Lebanon too) after the 1967 war when Israel seized and illegally occupied the West Bank, Golan Heights and Gaza - now some 6 million Palestinians and their descendants live in refugee camps around the ME.

It was very much a rhetorical question.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
One of several wars where Israel was attacked without warning & won, ffs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports