Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I have a feeling that Gaza will be flattened to such an extent that no-one can live there in the future, not Palestinians, not Hamas, nobody.

Literally a Dead Zone.

I guess that means Egypt will have to suck up the 2 million or so refugees, presume Israel will help out?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You say that because you're an Antisemite. Obvious with every post
Why play the antisemite card when the Israeli far right government are criticized?

Think there is some truth in what he is saying, they want the world to look away from the genocide that is occurring. They know International support is starting to crack...

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Why play the antisemite card when the Israeli far right government are criticized?

Think there is some truth in what he is saying, they want the world to look away from the genocide that is occurring. They know International support is starting to crack...
'the Antisemite card'.
Wow

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
What is your view on Sir Kier not asking for a a ceasefire?

We don’t know what Starmar has been briefed on. We don’t know whether the conflict will escalate and Britain will become more involved - already American troops and British owned vessels have been fired on and both British forces and American forces are carrying out drone surveillance over Gaza. But we also don’t know what new homeland security risks have also developed since 7/10 - we are not privy to any of that but the Leader of the Opposition will be briefed.

Britain is strongly allied to the US and Israel - to present a divided front to our allies, where the Country’s main Opposition party is opposed to the Government’s policy on Israel would very much weaken our standing on the international stage imo. I sense, Starmar followed the Government’s thinking on this out of a sense of collective responsibility to Parliament and the Country rather than taking a personal stand.

I’m not bound by any such convention, so I do say, a ceasefire is the only condition in which peace can be negotiated. But at the moment, ‘peace’ is not what is being sought - and until it is, thousands more Gazans will die.

Ref: https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-7166/CBP-7166.pdf

Last edited:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I don't know how many NSCers have been to Israel (I have) but it is almost a State of the USA, certainly backed by very wealthy US Jews hence their nuclear capability and massive superiority in conventional weapons.

Hamas didn't have a chance and are now going to reap the whirlwind. Stupid bastards.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
And how often someone has posted something along these lines in response to posts about the mounting casualties in Gaza - presumably to justify Israel’s response and imply those that question it or show concern for innocent civilians are supporting terrorism. 🙁
It's from the BBC and was released today. I've read this thread with interest and I was surprised that it hadn't been added already Earlier in the thread someone was heavily criticised for making claims about atrocities without providing evidence. If you were a unbiased as you claim then you wouldn't mind seeing a current news article appear on the thread.

This is not NEW news. This is horrific, it is inexcusable, it is barbaric. It is true.

It is also propaganda.

This was known, and reported on, on October 7th and the following days. There has been a campaign by Israeli social media influencers to bring this story back to the top of the news headlines for the last few days. It is a smoke screen to disguise their genocide and human rights abuses in their reignited military campaign in southern Gaza. What happened to the initial victims on around the 7/10 has cannot be erased, nor is if a valid reason to kill TENS OF THOUSANDS of Palestinians (of which a large part are innocent children).

I am getting more angry with one side in this conflict everyday. Both sides are to blame, but one far more so than the other. One side really should know better, but they choose to use influence, power, subtefuge and downright lies to elicit support from the West. That same side is beginning to make anti-semitism seem less objectionable than it should be.
It's difficult to justify any of this.
I'm not sure how you can dismiss this as propaganda when they're actually documenting evidence of murder, mutilation and sexual violence on a huge scale. I'm sure that takes time to do properly which is the most likely cause of the slow release of information. There must be 1000s of hours of phone and bodycam footage to go through and digest.

Unless you've been on the dark web or follow Islamic extremists on telegram then it is NEW news to most people, in the sense that there's hard evidence from a reliable source.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If you were a unbiased as you claim then you wouldn't mind seeing a current news article appear on the thread.
I certainly don’t mind - (I actually hadn’t seen the news story) although some might find these stories too horrifying to want to see them posted - but what I mind is when reports like these are posted as a push back against posts relating to the appalling number of fatalities in Gaza with the intention of diminishing or even justifying Israel’s blanket bombardments of Gaza - because they are being routinely posted by those who ‘support’ what Israel are doing.

These testimonial video accounts referred to by the BBC by Israelis are beyond horrific- the animalistic hatred that drives humans to commit such heinous acts against other humans is truly incomprehensible to me.

However - For you to suggest my objection to posts of Hamas’s atrocities being used to justify the deaths of thousand of innocent children is tantamount to me being biased in favour of Hamas is ridiculous.

Why on earth do people insist on creating straw arguments from what people are saying. Surely we all agree that the deaths of any innocent people caught up in the conflict is tragic, regardless of whether they are Palestinian or Israeli?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I have a feeling that Gaza will be flattened to such an extent that no-one can live there in the future, not Palestinians, not Hamas, nobody.

Literally a Dead Zone.

I guess that means Egypt will have to suck up the 2 million or so refugees, presume Israel will help out?
When you see the maps of destruction it's hard to see how any folk could cope there. It's quite shocking.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Literally a Dead Zone.

Israelis will live there and it will thrive.
No one will take the displaced.
Job done.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You didn’t answer my question so I repeat - What has an 8 year old interview with Corbyn to do with anything I (or anyone else) have said to merit that response from you?

And you still haven’t answered my earlier question, why the ‘wow’ responses to both my posts prior you posting that interview link.

Why don’t you just say what you want to say instead of making passive aggressive responses?
Because he's a gold plated arse. Put him on ignore like I have. I'm sick of reading sensible posters replying to his shite. I can't put that on ignore.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I certainly don’t mind - (I actually hadn’t seen the news story) although some might find these stories too horrifying to want to see them posted - but what I mind is when reports like these are posted as a push back against posts relating to the appalling number of fatalities in Gaza with the intention of diminishing or even justifying Israel’s blanket bombardments of Gaza - because they are being routinely posted by those who ‘support’ what Israel are doing.

These testimonial video accounts referred to by the BBC by Israelis are beyond horrific- the animalistic hatred that drives humans to commit such heinous acts against other humans is truly incomprehensible to me.

However - For you to suggest my objection to posts of Hamas’s atrocities being used to justify the deaths of thousand of innocent children is tantamount to me being biased in favour of Hamas is ridiculous.

Why on earth do people insist on creating straw arguments from what people are saying. Surely we all agree that the deaths of any innocent people caught up in the conflict is tragic, regardless of whether they are Palestinian or Israeli?
Because they start with a side, and then use confirmation bias cherry-picking and after-timing to justify their position.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't know how many NSCers have been to Israel (I have) but it is almost a State of the USA, certainly backed by very wealthy US Jews hence their nuclear capability and massive superiority in conventional weapons.

Hamas didn't have a chance and are now going to reap the whirlwind. Stupid bastards.
Hamas made a big misjudgment, expecting other states to join in. Mugs.

I too have been to Israel. I would call it largely a secular European state (well, Tel Aviv, certainly), with a minority of trouble making nobbers (these being mostly American-extract 'Zionists' and other orthodoxists, lots in Jerusalem and of course all over the West Bank).

Under a state of virtual siege and threat from people who want them all in the sea. Egged on by a 'hold me back' Iran who are too cowardly to do anything more than fund and arm wanky terrorists like Hamas, while standing back and using the situation to justify their own medieval chauvinistic twat regimes.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Careful! You used the words ’wealthy’ and ‘Jew’ in the same paragraph, let alone the same sentence, I’m sure someone will be along in a minute to accuse you of antisemitism.

Oh, and by the way, yep, stupid bastards.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Careful! You used the words ’wealthy’ and ‘Jew’ in the same paragraph, let alone the same sentence, I’m sure someone will be along in a minute to accuse you of antisemitism.

Oh, and by the way, yep, stupid bastards.
Go to Jerusalem, look at the Civil Buildings, see who has endowed them and where they were from.

As I said a part of the USA, you may or may not approve but no disputing they are the Middle East Superpower and for Hamas to take them on in a full scale war was frankly ludicrous.
Hamas made a big misjudgment, expecting other states to join in. Mugs.

I too have been to Israel. I would call it largely a secular European state (well, Tel Aviv, certainly), with a minority of trouble making nobbers (these being mostly American-extract 'Zionists' and other orthodoxists, lots in Jerusalem and of course all over the West Bank).

Under a state of virtual siege and threat from people who want them all in the sea. Egged on by a 'hold me back' Iran who are too cowardly to do anything more than fund and arm wanky terrorists like Hamas, while standing back and using the situation to justify their own medieval chauvinistic twat regimes.

Nail on head analysis, won't help those on the Gaza Strip of course.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Go to Jerusalem, look at the Civil Buildings, see who has endowed them and where they were from.

As I said a part of the USA, you may or may not approve but no disputing they are the Middle East Superpower and for Hamas to take them on in a full scale war was frankly ludicrous.
Oh, no argument from me on those above points at all. I was just expecting the usual claims of stereotyping of Jewish people as wealthy (which many are) and/or influential (again probably true when measured against other groups) which then leads to accusation that those who mention this are anti-semites.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Israelis will live there and it will thrive.
No one will take the displaced.
Job done.
ethnic clensing is what we call it when other nations try this.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Oh, no argument from me on those above points at all. I was just expecting the usual claims of stereotyping of Jewish people as wealthy (which many are) and/or influential (again probably true when measured against other groups) which then leads to accusation that those who mention this are anti-semites.
The lady doth protest too much, methinks

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The lady doth protest too much, methinks
Keep calling it numpty, maybe you think if you throw enough crap that some will stick? Maybe will, maybe won’t. But guess what, I actually do not care. I am comfortable with my position, I feel no need to justify it, I know my opinions, you can only presume or guess. So please, go ahead, carry on. All the time you throw shit at me, you are not throwing it at someone who is not as at ease with themself as I am. Also, you just highlight your own narrow minded narrative, exposing yourself and those who think like you as the hypocrites that you are. Please, go ahead, entertain me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here