Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No bias there then. 2 impeccable sources.
*Screaming sarcastic emoji*
Are you suggesting that the UN are wrong and that thousands of women and children haven't been killed by Israel ?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
No bias there then. 2 impeccable sources.
*Screaming sarcastic emoji*
The quote from the Hamas Health Authority (the only administrative health authority other than the UN in Gaza) - is of course biased but it does not mean the number of deaths are being falsified necessarily - that is why the quote is in inverted commas but you may be interested in how the deaths in Gaza are counted

I have posted umpteen posts on this thread with links to a broad cross section of sources so it is a bit disingenuous to imply I am biased tbh - The X post is from the Chief of Communication for the United Nations Children’s Fund

If you can find any updated numbers from the IDF, please post them - all I could find were an amended figure for those killed in the attack on 7/11.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
At least someone has done well out of it all. ****s with inside intel, making millions in profit in the hours BEFORE the Hamas attacks...

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It’s feeling really desperate now. I’m finding it almost impossible to engage with it. The grim reality of it all.
Has to now be an inevitability that the (surviving) people of Gaza are displaced forever.
How are we still doing all of this mad and terrible shit to each other in 2023?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
A pretty difficult read. I assume most Israeli politicians have had access to this kind of info since the start, it might explain their lack of restraint.
The ‘lack of restraint’ as in killing thousands of Palestinian women and children because of atrocities that Hamas has carried out? Isn’t that collective punishment?

I agree that the attack on Israel was despicable, as were the individual acts that followed if proven to be true.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Unless people are conflating ‘Palestinians’ with ‘Hamas’ of course - in which case the genocidal impact on Palestinians would be seen as justified by those thinking that.

Edit - not sure why my previous post or this one deserved a ‘wow’ emoji tbh - it is perfectly reasonable to be against the killing of thousands of children without supporting the ’sickening‘ activities that Hamas carried out on 7/10..

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

A pretty difficult read. I assume most Israeli politicians have had access to this kind of info since the start, it might explain their lack of restraint.
This is not NEW news. This is horrific, it is inexcusable, it is barbaric. It is true.

It is also propaganda.

This was known, and reported on, on October 7th and the following days. There has been a campaign by Israeli social media influencers to bring this story back to the top of the news headlines for the last few days. It is a smoke screen to disguise their genocide and human rights abuses in their reignited military campaign in southern Gaza. What happened to the initial victims on around the 7/10 has cannot be erased, nor is if a valid reason to kill TENS OF THOUSANDS of Palestinians (of which a large part are innocent children).

I am getting more angry with one side in this conflict everyday. Both sides are to blame, but one far more so than the other. One side really should know better, but they choose to use influence, power, subtefuge and downright lies to elicit support from the West. That same side is beginning to make anti-semitism seem less objectionable than it should be.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It's inexplicable now.

A terrible, evil act by Hamas.

Followed by further evil revenge by Israel - which will not achieve their strategic aims and will make their future worse.

*shakes head, no further words*
There's revenge and then there is Israeli revenge totally inappropriate yet mostly unchallenged by the west

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
At least someone has done well out of it all. ****s with inside intel, making millions in profit in the hours BEFORE the Hamas attacks...

bit awkward if traders knew while the security services didn't. or they did and took no action.

meanwhile seems Israel is determine to destroy the civic fabric in Gaza, blowing up their court along with every else.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
This is not NEW news. This is horrific, it is inexcusable, it is barbaric. It is true.

It is also propaganda.

This was known, and reported on, on October 7th and the following days. There has been a campaign by Israeli social media influencers to bring this story back to the top of the news headlines for the last few days. It is a smoke screen to disguise their genocide and human rights abuses in their reignited military campaign in southern Gaza. What happened to the initial victims on around the 7/10 has cannot be erased, nor is if a valid reason to kill TENS OF THOUSANDS of Palestinians (of which a large part are innocent children).

I am getting more angry with one side in this conflict everyday. Both sides are to blame, but one far more so than the other. One side really should know better, but they choose to use influence, power, subtefuge and downright lies to elicit support from the West. That same side is beginning to make anti-semitism seem less objectionable than it should be.
You say that because you're an Antisemite. Obvious with every post

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Interesting that Jezza is alive and kicking on here.
Why are you posting an interview from 8 years ago with a Politician who is no longer leader of his Party?

What does that have to do with the Hamas-Israel war going on now?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Interesting that Jezza is alive and kicking on here.
You didn’t answer my question so I repeat - What has an 8 year old interview with Corbyn to do with anything I (or anyone else) have said to merit that response from you?

And you still haven’t answered my earlier question, why the ‘wow’ responses to both my posts prior you posting that interview link.

Why don’t you just say what you want to say instead of making passive aggressive responses?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
You didn’t answer my question so I repeat - What has an 8 year old interview with Corbyn to do with anything I (or anyone else) have said to merit that response from you?

And you still haven’t answered my earlier question, why the ‘wow’ responses to both my posts prior you posting that interview link.

Why don’t you just say what you want to say instead of making passive aggressive responses?
What is your view on Sir Kier not asking for a a ceasefire?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here