[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
@aolstudios in his defense just has a weird sense of humour and has laughed at nearly every post throughout the thread (bless ’im let him stay in his ‘happy place’ 🙃)

As for some posters, when you show up statements and opinions to be unsupported by the facts, rather than countering with sensible and source supported responses, they have used very personal ad hominem attacks before showing enough flounce to make ra ra skirts for the entire WSL - then coming back a few days later to go through the whole process again, accusing others of supporting terrorism or being anti-semitic then flouncing again - a little like ringing the doorbell and running away without saying anything.

What I don‘t get, honestly, is why, when the main thrust of this thread all the way through has been to both condemn Hamas and Israel’s as breaking international law; of brutally killing innocent civilians and citizens on both sides (with a history of doing so); condemning extremism on both sides and calling for the only universally regarded humane thing: to stop killing thousands of women and children; why oh why would anyone other than Hamas or Religious Zionists regard that as an ‘unbalanced line of argument ’?

corrected for you 😉

View attachment 170090
Just so you are aware the poster you referred to has been banned from this thread ..the only thing he can do is post emojis …I imagine because he dared challenge the over whelming narrative that exists ….oh of course you will post that this thread is balanced and welcoming of all views ..bllx i say to that .

You’ll post stuff like today quoting Hamas said that and this….all not to be questioned…and yet if Israel says something…. It’s oh should we believe them.

Nice to see other such kind posts criticising even someone giving a thumbs up….eh Watford Zero….’’I thought u were better than that’’

Oh and someone made me aware of the posts mentioning my name, hence ive had a look…..

I could say more but what’s to be achieved …nothing really.

Anyway it’s been good times on NSC….and as we know good times always come to an end.

Thanks for the memories…thats me off NSC

Peace!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just so you are aware the poster you referred to has been banned from this thread ..the only thing he can do is post emojis …I imagine because he dared challenge the over whelming narrative that exists ….oh of course you will post that this thread is balanced and welcoming of all views ..bllx i say to that .

You’ll post stuff like today quoting Hamas said that and this….all not to be questioned…and yet if Israel says something…. It’s oh should we believe them.

Nice to see other such kind posts criticising even someone giving a thumbs up….eh Watford Zero….’’I thought u were better than that’’

Oh and someone made me aware of the posts mentioning my name, hence ive had a look…..

I could say more but what’s to be achieved …nothing really.

Anyway it’s been good times on NSC….and as we know good times always come to an end.

Thanks for the memories…thats me off NSC

Peace!
What a flounce. Pretty certain that if you read the thread properly it seems that most of those that support Israel appear blinkered and cannot see there are two sides to this horrible situation. Again, pretty certain that the vast majority were horrified by what happened on the 7th Oct and accepted that Israel would respond but I would argue that most sane people feel the response has been disproportionate and reckless.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
TRUCE DEAL CLOSE

As mentioned on Saturday above - The truce deal Qatar has been working on for some weeks is, according to Hamas, very close to being agreed. Hamas is looking for safe corridors and a temporary ceasefire to get wounded evacuated and aid into Gaza. Hamas say they are prepared to release hostages (women and children) in a prisoner swap with political prisoners held in detention in Israel. Qatar say the deal has been close for days but it has been Israel dragging it’s feet and not being willing to negotiate a ceasefire (presumably because Israel wanted to stick to its agenda of ‘annihilating’ Hamas.)

It is hard to see how any ceasefire will last after any such prisoner and hostage swap as long as Netanyahu is in charge - Netanyahu has said several times in the past few weeks how the rescue of the hostages was only secondary to the aim to ‘destroy’ Hamas and that effort will need to continue if Hamas are not to regroup - we seem a long way from that yet. Qatar has also been very quiet about harbouring the leadership of Hamas in Qatar.

However, Netanyahu’s political support in Israel continues to collapse (as I mentioned up thread a few weeks ago) https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveb...-netanyahu-imploding-gantz-taking-the-rudder/ and it is becoming increasingly likely that the writing is on the wall for Bibi and he will be replaced as soon as the war is over (another reason he will want to continue with the conflict) with Gantz or Lapid of the Israeli centrist party, Yesh Atid, looking like his successor…the Biden administration have also acknowledged that Netanyahu’s political future is very tenuous:

“Lapid hopes that Israel is heading for a major political realignment and that the country will be able to put Netanyahu behind it. “I told Blinken I’m a sad optimist. And Israel’s future can only be as a liberal democracy. If we want to return to being a very successful country, we must find our way back to being a country that’s led by liberal values,”

It is the collapse of support for Netanyahu and his extreme Religious Zionist coalition that gives the greatest hope for peace for years since all his political opponents are committed to a two state solution and turning back from the authoritarian and theocratic State it has become under the Lukid Party - The protest marches against Bibi’s judicial reform proposals are likely to resume with increased vigour once the hostages are released.
I hope this happens. A small and encouraging bit of good news if it does.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Is @aolstudios banned from posting on the thread? He was still commenting on Friday when he accused someone of hating Jews. Did that get him a time out?

His spamming the thread with laughter emojis started way before that though.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I hope this happens. A small and encouraging bit of good news if it does.

From the BBC

What we know about the potential deal​

Let's recap some of the details we've been hearing about a potential agreement involving Hamas and Israel:
  • Hamas's leader Ismail Haniyeh earlier said his group was close to agreeingwhat he called a "truce agreement" - after more than six weeks of fighting
  • Moments ago, Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu said "we are making progress" on the return of hostages snatched by Hamas on 7 October. He added: "I hope there will be good news soon"
  • Our correspondent Frank Gardner says the deal could see the release of some of the hostages taken from Israel to Gaza in return for pauses in fighting and the release of Palestinian prisoners
  • According to Reuters, the potential agreement - mediated by Qatar - envisages the release of around 50 civilian hostages by Hamas, and of Palestinian women and minors held in Israeli custody

From the Guardian on the impact this is having on Netanyahu’s leadership:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Is @aolstudios banned from posting on the thread? He was still commenting on Friday when he accused someone of hating Jews. Did that get him a time out?

His spamming the thread with laughter emojis started way before that though.
Perhaps the mods can answer that for you - someone accused me several times of being anti-semitic as did several other posters before him but I think it is more used as a tool to shut down what is perceived to be opposition views/the ‘loudest voice’ rather than holding a genuine belief that I or @borat (or anyone else who expresses the majority view here) are actually anti-semitic tbh.

I have said it before but criticism of ‘Israel’ can be a very grey area for some people (usually hard right wing Jews tbh!) insofar as whether it constitutes ‘anti-semitism’ - anti-semitism is certainly on the rise in the UK - as was Islamophobia in the wake of 9/11 - but some people still feel that even to say anything negative about Israel is anti-semitic. I am very aware of my Jewish identity at the moment in a way that has never made me feel so vulnerable, especially walking around a predominately muslim area where I live but I know for me personally this is a heightened sensitivity triggered by my own guilt at what Israel is doing in Gaza and my enduring compassion for the people living under occupation OPT rather than a rational fear of being subjected to a racial attack - but for some Jews, particularly living in London, the fear is largely founded in actual risk.

While the majority of us on this thread have criticised quite strongly, Israel (or Netanyahu’s Government to be more precise), other posters can not get beyond the abhorrence to the initial attack by Hamas, so have not felt the same or at least can not bring themselves to condemn Israel’s response.

Those posters who have ‘flounced the thread’ should feel comforted at least that they are not alone in those views beyond NSC - it’s just not either the moderate one expressed by the majority on NSC nor the majority view expressed at large but they are legitimate view points none the less albeit ones I disagree with profoundly; especially when it is in the form of support or justification for killing 5,000 children and 7,000 adults in response to those killed on 7/10 - or when those views dehumanise the Palestinian people.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thus interview might explain why Israel is convinced that bunkers/tunnels exist below the al Shifa hospital

Lol, building bunkers to increase the capacity of the hospital. Cheaper to build up rather than down. Bizarre that no one else until now is claiming these were built by the israelis.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Thus interview might explain why Israel is convinced that bunkers/tunnels exist below the al Shifa hospital

if they built them for increased capacity of hospital, wouldnt they be used as capacity for hospital? ie, the basement. not some tunnels. also why not send in a squad of special forces?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Indeed - it’s never black and white is it? I love Christiane Amanpour - world class journalist and while it’s been reported for years in minority media that Israel built these tunnels, a public admission by an ex-Prime Minister at a time the State is at war with Hamas and especially after 7/10 is quite sensational.

2014 - The pro-Israel Tablet publication apparently reported that Israel:
“Back in 1983, when Israel still ruled Gaza, they built a secure underground operating room and tunnel network beneath al-Shifa hospital – which is one among several reasons why Israeli security sources are so sure that there is a main Hamas command bunker in or around the large cement basement beneath the area of Building 2 of the hospital.”

She phrased the question very careful to ask the former prime minister if a ’major operations‘ bunker had be found to which he answered ‘no’ so still Israelis still looking for that smoking gun that justified the attacks on the Hospital resulting in shutting it down and so many civilian casualties - I think a strong argument could be made to say the tunnels weren’t built by Israeli engineers for extra hospital storage space !! Israel has been more than involved in Hamas’s rise to a major terrorist group in the ME:

Here’s Mehdi Hasan again (who tweeted that interview) with a video of how Hamas is a blowback to Israel’s policy of underpinning and helping to create Hamas to counter the Palestinian Authority and before that Yasser Arafat and the PLO

borat

Jul 16, 2003
I
Perhaps the mods can answer that for you - he accused me several times of being anti-semitic as did several other posters but I think that was more used as a tool to shut down what they perceive to be opposition views/the ‘loudest voice’ rather than holding a genuine belief that I or @borat (or anyone else who has expressed the majority view here) are actually anti-semitic!

I have said it before but criticism of ‘Israel’ can be a very grey area for some people (usually hard right wing Jews tbh!) insofar as whether it constitutes ‘anti-semitism’ - anti-semitism is certainly on the rise in the UK - as was Islamophobia in the wake of 9/11 - but some people still feel that even to say anything negative about Israel is anti-semitic. I am very aware of my Jewish identity at the moment in a way that has never made me feel so vulnerable, especially walking around a predominately muslim area where I live but I know for me personally this is a heightened sensitivity triggered by my own guilt at what Israel is doing in Gaza and my enduring compassion for the people living under occupation OPT rather than a rational fear of being subjected to a racial attack - but for some Jews, particularly living in London, the fear is largely founded in actual risk.

While the majority of us on this thread have criticised quite strongly, Israel (or Netanyahu’s Government to be more precise), other posters can not get beyond the abhorrence to the initial attack by Hamas, so have not felt the same or at least can not bring themselves to condemn Israel’s response.

Those posters who have ‘flounced the thread’ should feel comforted at least that they are not alone in those views beyond NSC - it’s just not either the moderate one expressed by the majority on NSC nor the majority view expressed at large but they are legitimate view points none the less albeit ones I disagree with profoundly; especially when it is in the form of support or justification for killing 5,000 children and 7,000 adults in response to those killed on 7/10 - or when those views dehumanise the Palestinian people.

Obviously your feelings are your feelings but personally I dont think any Jewish person including yourself should feel guilty or responsible for what Israel is doing now / has done in the past to the Palestinians. Jews are not a monolith and most have no control whatsoever over Israel and it's actions. There are many prominent and brave Jews and Jewish groups that have spoken out (not that they are in any way obliged to do so)

The responsibility lies with the Israeli government and those countries / lobby groups (US and UK included) that give unconditional military and financial support to enable the long standing persecution and displacement of Palestinians.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

You seem to have shot your case in both feet there, it shows how certain groups within Israel and it's government have been backing Hamas for decades. I am assuming you didn't understand the implications of the interview that you posted :facepalm:

But while you're here
Not as chilling though as the video of the Hamas terrorists playing football with decapitated children's heads

Sounds very much like another Israeli manufactured lie to add to the many that the IDF pump out on a daily basis to justify war crimes. Please provide a reputable source?

As you have already been asked, your reputable source for this ?
I believe you were going to come back with a reputable source for this, because it would take a seriously sick individual to simply make something this horrendous up and then post it on NSC with no reputable sources whatsoever, and I'm sure isn't the case ???

And for all the moderate people on NSC, it seems we're close to a truce, thank f*** :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Netanyhu’s Cabinet meeting now to discuss Truce Deal - media widely reporting an announcement this evening on release of around 50 hostages:

However, the far right ministers of the Religious Zionists and Jerusalem Power parties in his cabinet are very much against this deal - Netanyahu will find it hard to get a unanimous vote even for a temporary ceasefire in a coalition government glued together by far right extremists but they are expected to be outvoted and the deal be done.

“Israel’s national security minister, well known for his anti-Palestinian beliefs, says he’s opposed to the deal, arguing that Hamas’s approval “indicates that the army is carrying out an effective attack” …Ben-Gvir added in a social media post that the Israeli army had to “continue fighting to subject [Hamas] to our conditions” … The Jewish Power party leader joins his fellow far-right minister, Religious Zionist party leader Bezalel Smotrich, in opposing the deal. Both are members of Israel’s security cabinet and main government cabinet, which are meeting on Tuesday to discuss approval of the deal.”

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Thanks @The Clamp - some good news finally eh? 🙂

WHAT’S THE DEAL?
  • 12-15 hostages to be released a day over a period of 4-5 days -(Includes 3 Americans (a child age 4 and 2 women)
  • 300 trucks per day delivering aid allowed in from Egypt plus fuel
  • release of 50 women and children hostages held in Gaza
  • a four-day partial ceasefire.
  • lull in Israeli military operations would be extended for an additional day for every 10 more hostages released.
  • first hostages should be free within 48 hours of the agreement.
  • 150 Palestinian women and children would be freed from Israeli jails.
  • The release of every 10 additional abductees will result in an additional day of respite.
Worryingly, Hamas has ‘lost’ about 30 hostages now thought to be in the hands of the Palestinian Islamic Jihadists (one of the other terror groups operating separately from Hamas in Gaza). The deal has been negotiated with the Hamas leadership in Qatar not with the Hamas Brigades in Gaza so it remains to be seen how enforceable it is - Netanyahu has stated that the military campaign to destroy Hamas will continue after the hostages are released so it will be a very fragile ’pause’ in hostilities.

Last edited:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
You seem to have shot your case in both feet there, it shows how certain groups within Israel and it's government have been backing Hamas for decades. I am assuming you didn't understand the implications of the interview that you posted :facepalm:

But while you're here

I don't have a case at all nor a horse in either race and yes I do understand the implications of the interview with a former Israeli PM ,
that is why I posted it here :tosser:
I believe you were going to come back with a reputable source for this, because it would take a seriously sick individual to simply make something this horrendous up and then post it on NSC with no reputable sources whatsoever, and I'm sure isn't the case ???

It has been reported that selected Journalists were shown screenings of atrocities that occurred on October the 7th , the clips were " allegedly" filmed by Hamas themselves . I haven't seen it and wouldn't want to anyway but have read accounts in the press of some of the activities that were shown and that " journalist said audience members began weeping as they sat in their chairs, while others whimpered 'make it stop' after a matter of minutes."
If it makes me "sick" to be sickened by details that I have come across recently then so be it

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So you don't have any verifiable source for this, but you thought you'd make it up and post it anyway

Not as chilling though as the video of the Hamas terrorists playing football with decapitated children's heads

'No horse in the race ?' Definitely the sort of post another NSC moderate who is hoping for peace would make ???

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Members of Palestine squad trapped in Gaza and can’t make to WC qualifiers - only a small issue in the greater scheme of things but as a football fan, I feel it’s another very sad impact of this war:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
So you don't have any verifiable source for this, but you thought you'd make it up and post it anyway

'No horse in the race ?' Definitely the sort of post another NSC moderate who is hoping for peace would make ???
Happy for Hams to sue me if they feel that I have defamed them in any way

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Happy for Hams to sue me if they feel that I have defamed them in any way
Two wrongs do not make a right. Please bear in mind:

1) Posting things that are false or cannot be verified could lead to the SITE being sued although I'm sure Bozza would do his utmost to ensure it was you instead in this instance @carlzeiss . Post one more bit of disinformation and you'll have a long holiday from NSC.

2) However, that's no reason to take petty grudges from the Bear Pit @WATFORD zero . This is a serious thread, it doesn't need personal trolling. One more of that and you'll lose access to this thread.

A yellow each. Sort yourselves out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports