[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes they have including tunnels not a surprise as Amnesty International (no lover of Israel) as far back as 2014 said the hospital was a Hama's control centre and was used to torture captives.
What a bizarre comment ???

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yes, yes it does :dunce:
No, it doesn't. They've destroyed 20 hospitals. So it doesn't matter. This is all smoke and mirrors because it's become the hospital the media are focussing on. The reality is they've chosen to blanket bomb Gaza to the extent most of their hospitals are either totally destroyed or unusable.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No, it doesn't. They've destroyed 20 hospitals. So it doesn't matter. This is all smoke and mirrors because it's become the hospital the media are focussing on. The reality is they've chosen to blanket bomb Gaza to the extent most of their hospitals are either totally destroyed or unusable.
It doesn't matter in your opinion. If Hamas are hiding their operations within in a hospital, then that's cowardly beyond contempt. As for Israel 'blanket bombing' Gaza? Pure BS. If they were doing that, then you could add another zero on the doubtless-inflated Hamas authority figure of 13,000 deaths. Agreed it's not a good number, but if Israel wasn't making every effort to minimise civilian casualties then that number would be seriously f*cking worse than it is

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It doesn't matter in your opinion. If Hamas are hiding their operations within in a hospital, then that's cowardly beyond contempt. As for Israel 'blanket bombing' Gaza? Pure BS. If they were doing that, then you could add another zero on the doubtless-inflated Hamas authority figure of 13,000 deaths. Agreed it's not a good number, but if Israel wasn't making every effort to minimise civilian casualties then that number would be seriously f*cking worse than it is

You think they're making "every effort to minimise civilian casualties?"

I take your point that they could've been even more heavy-handed but, as @The Fits suggested, civilians are largely seen as collateral damage. What was it they said about there being no innocent Gazan?

Edit: btw, how many bombs makes a carpet? In one month they dropped 25,000 tonnes (the equivalent of 2 nuclear bombs) on a 45km² area, hitting 12000 targets.

Last edited:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Well that's alright then. Bring on the death!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
So why are they bombing UN run schools killing women and children?

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Not as chilling though as the video of the Hamas terrorists playing football with decapitated children's heads
Firstly, I might question the veracity of any video appearing on facebook or especially X but - For heaven’s sake - this isn’t a competition to see who commits the worst atrocities or who dies in the most awful ways - the death of innocent civilians is tragic regardless of whether they are Palestinian children or Israeli children and regardless of whether they bleed out with crushed limbs buried under a mountain of rubble or are killed with a machette.

It is heinous all round.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I'm not a believer in any religion put into print by man, care not whether you are Muslim or Jew in this case, just hope for peaceful living amongst disagreements over beliefs. But any sympathies for Israel and their situation eroded now. All their recent actions have done is increase the hate towards them worldwide, and surely counter productive. So sad that extremism on both sides in this modern world seems to trump (pun intended) normal, moderate reasonable people.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yes they have including tunnels not a surprise as Amnesty International (no lover of Israel) as far back as 2014 said the hospital was a Hama's control centre and was used to torture captives.
Actually, as far back as 2014, Amnesty and other NGOs reported that Hamas used the Al Shifa to torture their own population who collaborated with Mossad/IDF and political opponents - they were not Israeli ‘captives’ but Gazan civilians.
That's a one off , children in Gaza schools are taught daily by Hama's to hate the Jews.
I really wish people would fact check their comments before posting or at least provide sources to back up opinions - No - it is not one off - see my post a few days ago (for which I got the response I was being ‘anti-semitic for pointing it out) - Israeli children are indoctrinated from an early age:

”Palestine and Palestinians are not mentioned in Israeli school textbooks, rendering Palestinians invisible to them. Consequently, many Israeli children do not learn the history of Palestine, and they learn to view Palestinians as threats rather than neighbors.”

“Of the rare times that Palestinians are mentioned, it is in an overwhelmingly negative and stereotypical fashion: “all [the books] represent [Palestinians] in racist icons or demeaning classificatory images such as terrorists, refugees and primitive farmers — the three ‘problems’ they constitute for Israel.”

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Quick Look at the thread ….and this post stands out (👍) ….the recent rest totally predictable imo apart from something Zeb said about Israeli school children…not heard about that must follow that up….not seen them with ak47’s though ..
It’s a pity one poster I know has been banned from the thread, as they balanced things up a bit.

Back to the ignore feature….where I don’t even see notifications….bliss

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Quick Look at the thread ….and this post stands out (👍) ….the rest totally predictable.
It’s a pity one poster I know has been banned from the thread, as they balanced things up a bit.

Back to the ignore feature….where I don’t even see notifications….bliss

I really can't imagine why you would take a thread off ignore to post that, and give a thumbsup on this total bullshit from your mate ?

Not as chilling though as the video of the Hamas terrorists playing football with decapitated children's heads
As you have already been asked, your reputable source for this ?

Or maybe those were so quick to back this post with a thumbsup @cjd, @BHANSC, @LamieRobertson, @aolstudios had already seen a reputable source for this and that was the reason for their support ?

You could, of course, ignore this (because 'you can't can't see notifications') but I have to say I'm disappointed, I always thought you were better than that.

So can you (or any of your other thumbsup mates) give any sort of reputable source for this bullshit, or would you rather pretend you didn't hear the question :facepalm:

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I really can't imagine why you would take a thread off ignore to post that, and give a thumbsup on this total bullshit from your mate ?

You could, of course, ignore this (because 'you can't can't see notifications') but I have to say I'm disappointed, I always thought you were better than that.

So can you (or any of your other thumbsup mates) give any sort of reputable source for this bullshit, or would you rather pretend you didn't hear the question :facepalm:

It's Political Thread 101. Nod along with the posts you agree with and ignore anything that challenges your worldview. Who needs echo chambers?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Didn't think I would have to condemn it thought that was a given,how odd.
No, it's not a given, certainly not from what you posted. However pleased that you have now clarified that you do condemn the indoctrination of those Israeli kids (just as we condemn the indoctrination by Hammas).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's Political Thread 101. Nod along with the posts you agree with and ignore anything that challenges your worldview. Who needs echo chambers?

Once more

Now, amongst truly disgusting conditions from both sides, this is obviously bullshit made up by @carlzeiss who we all know is a sick f***er anyway, and who will lie constantly to justify his underlying bigotry. As can be ascertained by a quick look at all his posts on immigration, race, boat people, Islam etc in the Bear Pit.

But then why do @cjd, @BHANSC, @LamieRobertson, @aolstudios give this post a thumbs up, knowing it's complete and utter Bollocks. Is it because they 'hoped' this had happened to somehow justify what they want to believe.

Sometimes NSC is brilliant and wonderful. Sometime it really is full of sick f***ers

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
But then why do @cjd, @BHANSC, @LamieRobertson, @aolstudios give this post a thumbs up, knowing it's complete and utter Bollocks. Is it because they 'hoped' this had happened to somehow justify what they want to believe.
@aolstudios in his defense just has a weird sense of humour and has laughed at nearly every post throughout the thread (bless ’im let him stay in his ‘happy place’ 🙃)

As for some posters, when you show up statements and opinions to be unsupported by the facts, rather than countering with sensible and source supported responses, they have used very personal ad hominem attacks before showing enough flounce to make ra ra skirts for the entire WSL - then coming back a few days later to go through the whole process again, accusing others of supporting terrorism or being anti-semitic then flouncing again - a little like ringing the doorbell and running away without saying anything.

What I don‘t get, honestly, is why, when the main thrust of this thread all the way through has been to both condemn Hamas and Israel’s as breaking international law; of brutally killing innocent civilians and citizens on both sides (with a history of doing so); condemning extremism on both sides and calling for the only universally regarded humane thing: to stop killing thousands of women and children; why oh why would anyone other than Hamas or Religious Zionists regard that as an ‘unbalanced line of argument ’?

Sometimes NSC is brilliant and wonderful. Sometime it really is full of sad flouncers!
corrected for you 😉

IMG_0788.jpeg

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Reportedly?

That means there’s a source for what you have posted. Have you got a link to it?

Sure: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023...55-metre-tunnel-under-gazas-al-shifa-hospital

I didn't post a link earlier as it was reported everywhere. Direct quote from the IDF.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
TRUCE DEAL CLOSE

It seems that a deal is indeed in the process of being negotiated by Qatar but nothing has been agreed yet and reports of a deal being reached are exaggerated
As mentioned on Saturday above - The truce deal Qatar has been working on for some weeks is, according to Hamas, very close to being agreed. Hamas is looking for safe corridors and a temporary ceasefire to get wounded evacuated and aid into Gaza. Hamas say they are prepared to release hostages (women and children) in a prisoner swap with political prisoners held in detention in Israel. Qatar say the deal has been close for days but it has been Israel dragging it’s feet and not being willing to negotiate a ceasefire (presumably because Israel wanted to stick to its agenda of ‘annihilating’ Hamas.)

It is hard to see how any ceasefire will last after any such prisoner and hostage swap as long as Netanyahu is in charge - Netanyahu has said several times in the past few weeks how the rescue of the hostages was only secondary to the aim to ‘destroy’ Hamas and that effort will need to continue if Hamas are not to regroup - we seem a long way from that yet. Qatar has also been very quiet about harbouring the leadership of Hamas in Qatar.

However, Netanyahu’s political support in Israel continues to collapse (as I mentioned up thread a few weeks ago) https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveb...-netanyahu-imploding-gantz-taking-the-rudder/ and it is becoming increasingly likely that the writing is on the wall for Bibi and he will be replaced as soon as the war is over (another reason he will want to continue with the conflict) with Gantz or Lapid of the Israeli centrist party, Yesh Atid, looking like his successor…the Biden administration have also acknowledged that Netanyahu’s political future is very tenuous:

“Lapid hopes that Israel is heading for a major political realignment and that the country will be able to put Netanyahu behind it. “I told Blinken I’m a sad optimist. And Israel’s future can only be as a liberal democracy. If we want to return to being a very successful country, we must find our way back to being a country that’s led by liberal values,”

It is the collapse of support for Netanyahu and his extreme Religious Zionist coalition that gives the greatest hope for peace for years since all his political opponents are committed to a two state solution and turning back from the authoritarian and theocratic State it has become under the Lukid Party - The protest marches against Bibi’s judicial reform proposals are likely to resume with increased vigour once the hostages are released.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports