[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its all getting completely ridiculous now - that any legitimate questioning of Israel's actions is effectively disallowed.

In the past 48 hours, both our government and opposition have effectively sacked and expelled prominent MPs for suggesting that people stop killing each other.

It's f***ing MENTAL.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its all getting completely ridiculous now - that any legitimate questioning of Israel's actions is effectively disallowed.

In the past 48 hours, both our government and opposition have effectively sacked and expelled prominent MPs for suggesting that people stop killing each other.

It's f***ing MENTAL.

This is no time for the suggestion of peaceful liberty.....

Andy McDonald...

We say to the UK, American and Israeli governments: Enough! Enough of the bombardment!

Enough of the siege! Enough of the occupation!

We won’t rest until we have justice.

Until all people, Israelis & Palestinians, between the river & the sea can live in peaceful liberty.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This horrendous Hamas attack has certainly highlighted to me how badly the Palestinians are being treated . They are being pushed out of their homes by illegal Jewish settlers and the Israeli government is looking the other way . I am on no one’s side and just want this religious war to stop .
I'd like to think that if you were a settler anywhere and a decent person, you'd just keep your head down a bit, try not to make waves unduly, maybe even try and make friends with your neighbours in the neighbouring village. In what parallel universe would you go out and start taking potshots at them and trying to force them out of their homes? And what decent government would just stand back and let you do it?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
This is no time for the suggestion of peaceful liberty.....

Andy McDonald...

We say to the UK, American and Israeli governments: Enough! Enough of the bombardment!

Enough of the siege! Enough of the occupation!

We won’t rest until we have justice.

Until all people, Israelis & Palestinians, between the river & the sea can live in peaceful liberty.
What do you think of the choice of words?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Sorry, my mistake, I thought I asked a question.

:shrug:

My apologies. I forgot to answer your question. I think his wording was fine. I don't see any problem with a call for peace and freedom for all in the region.

I take it you have an issue with the wording so wondered what you thought about the phrase in the Likud charter.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What do you think of the choice of words?
Well its not what I'd expect from a speech at a hate march.

I see he's left it up on twitter, credit to him for that.

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
My apologies. I forgot to answer your question. I think his wording was fine. I don't see any problem with a call for peace and freedom for all in the region.

I take it you have an issue with the wording so wondered what you thought about the phrase in the Likud charter.
A fair comment, so why the Starmer response?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'd like to think that if you were a settler anywhere and a decent person, you'd just keep your head down a bit, try not to make waves unduly, maybe even try and make friends with your neighbours in the neighbouring village. In what parallel universe would you go out and start taking potshots at them and trying to force them out of their homes? And what decent government would just stand back and let you do it?
I don't think peaceful, keeping your head down, is quite how 'settler' communities tend to work unfortunately.
At least they haven't, in the main, historically.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
F@@k me Braverman is so toxic, the Queen of Division

She is so bloody thick. These are marches for Peace. She doesn't understand the difference between the global Jewish community and the extreme right wing government of Israel.

This kind of shit she is spouting risks more conflicts, more attacks in this country. She is batshit mental

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
A fair comment, so why the Starmer response?

Because he's going all out to show he's PM material ie. Not going to rock the boat.

Any show of dissent when it comes to Israel will be quickly snuffed out lest accusations of anti-Semitism return.

For what's it's worth, Andy MacDonald should have anticipated the response. Obviously, he reworded the normal slogan but in doing so he's was sticking his head above the parapet and risking being accused of trolling at best.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
She is so bloody thick. These are marches for Peace. She doesn't understand the difference between the global Jewish community and the extreme right wing government of Israel.

This kind of shit she is spouting risks more conflicts, more attacks in this country. She is batshit mental
Not sure she's thick, she's just an Islamophobe

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Hamas are the government of Palestine. It's a sad truth that they do represent ordinary Palestinians, whether the ordinary Palestinians want them to or not.

There is no means of com[promise between the man who wants a baby dead, and a man who wants a baby to live. They cannot both have just part of what they want. Only one can be pleased. Obviously Israel does have the alternative of simply closing the border, letting Palestine fend for itself with support from whoever wishes to give it them, but I suspect that would be considered inhumane as well. One thing can be stated with near certainty - that no Palestinians will be allowed to cross the border from Gaza as long as Hamas are in charge.

(Even if Palestine's infrastructure was intact, they would still be struggling. It's pretty clear that the Israeli policy of supplying fuel and water to Gaza is going to stop, probably forever. They are going to have to make their own via desalination plants. They used to have an aquifer, but they didn't maintain it and it is contaminated by pollution and sea water.)

A tiny bright spark - after WW2, the German support for Hitler faded away very quickly as the Germans realised what an evil government had been representing them. Part of this was by showing every adult and near-adult German a film of the atrocities such as Belsen. Perhaps the Palestinians could be shown what has been done in their name and see if that helps. Though possibly the religious indoctrination is even more deep rooted than the Nazi indoctrination; so many of them may be too far gone down the "Jews are evil" line to ever get over it.
Not quite sure whether you are just incapable of understanding the difference between the global Jewish community and the extreme right wing government of the State of Israel.

Or is it just that it suits your personal political bias not to.

Children are being needlessly slaughtered. There has to be a ceasefire now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Most poisonous bitch since Thatcher

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports