[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Presumably, you're referring to Hamas when you say "death cult". How do you explain the lack of progress in the years prior to Hamas' rise to prominence?
The Palestinians' previous leaders were offered many & various proposals for piece & 2 state solutions from 1948 onwards. They turned every single one down & continued the current policy of constant shelling (100s of indiscriminate rockets daily, for years. Many of which miss & kill their own citizens - weirdly included in the numbers of Palestinians lost in the 'war') & random murders in Israel. Celebrated with dancing & distribution of candies

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Are the actual atrocities committed really not sufficient for you, so you scour the web for this sort of stuff ?

Shani Louk: Woman missing after Hamas attack is dead, says mother​

Speaking to the German TV news channel RTL/ntv on Monday, Ricarda Louk said she now assumed her daughter had been dead since 7 October and may have been shot in the head during the Hamas attack." At least she [Shani] didn't suffer," she said, adding that it was good to have certainty.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67260093

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
How can you negotiate with a death cult? Their stated intention is to kill all the Jews
That is a radical Jihadist ideology but AFAIK, while apparently in Hamas’ charter, that is not the immediate aim in this war/the 10/7 attack, nor has it been openly articulated by the Hamas‘ leadership in current dialogues with Jordan/Qatar‘s efforts to negotiate a ceasefire ( I may be wrong so sources if so)

The Rabin government did negotiate successfully in 1993 with the PLO and renounced violence towards Palestinians in the Occupied Territories so it is possible to ‘negotiate with terrorists’ and history has shown us, sometimes we have to but the current Netanyahu Government doesn’t want to negotiate a solution because their stated commitment is to a Greater Israel - (very possibly under the auspices of destroying Hamas in Gaza which most observers have argued, is not possible without destroying Gaza.)

Long term - Netanyahu‘s Government needs to go if there is to be any hope of a lasting peaceful solution for the Palestinian people IMO.

In the medium term, terms of a permanent ceasefire needs to include, Hamas to stop firing rockets into Israel, an immediate moratorium on settlement expansion and the destruction of Palestinian homes to make room for them, an ending to the rounding up of innocent Israeli citizens who are Palestinian (1500 so far) and imprisoning Palestinian children without trial or adult representation as well as improving basic human and civil rights for all non-Jews in Israel and the OPT.

In the short term - an humanitarian pause needs to be implemented to allow Hostages to be immediately released, foreign nationals, including Britons, to leave, and humanitarian aid to get into Gaza. Israel may need to consider releasing some Palestinian prisoners for that but at least agreeing to an ‘humanitarian pause’ is a first step - The Americans, the Israelis, Hamas and Qatar have all been involved in such negotiations since October 7 and have come close - but Israel has each time escalated the bombing and insisted on pushing ahead with a ground invasion because she will not divert from her primary objective - to destroy Hamas by destroying Gaza - an objective that only is not achievable nor acceptable in its means but is going to end up with the hostages very possibly killed - (along with 1000s more innocent Gazans.)

Hamas spokesman, Dr. Basem Naim, told NBC News on Saturday, “You can’t talk about negotiations while they are slaughtering our people.”

Attempts to negotiate a ceasefire is already a lot more complicated than it was a fortnight ago as America is now directly involved militarily as is Hezbollah, with Israel responding by firing into Lebanon and Syria - and UN Peace Keeper forces along the ‘Blue Line‘ also targeted.

For negotiations to work all sides must agree to negotiate and for that there must be a willingness which, as far as Israel is concerned, will not be forthcoming until she decides her military objectives have been achieved.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Palestinians' previous leaders were offered many & various proposals for piece & 2 state solutions from 1948 onwards. They turned every single one down & continued the current policy of constant shelling (100s of indiscriminate rockets daily, for years. Many of which miss & kill their own citizens - weirdly included in the numbers of Palestinians lost in the 'war') & random murders in Israel. Celebrated with dancing & distribution of candies

Would you like to explain carefully why those innocent people should somehow NOT be 'included in the numbers lost in the war'?

Why did those presumably blameless people not 'count'?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I simply refer you back to earlier posts on the thread that have presented a rather less biased version of history- there has been indiscriminate violence on both sides in this conflict - in particular see my earlier posts relating to the Oslo Accords, the willingness of Palestinians to work for peace and why they failed to secure peace. Also look again at Trump’s Peace Plan and why that would never have been acceptable.

Why you keep presenting such a one sided revisionist account of history is beyond me tbh It is not even factual.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

This just isn't true.

In 1948 the UN adopted a resolution calling for the right to return of Palestinian refugees. This was an issue that the UN Mediator for Palestine had been quite vocal about before he was murdered by Zionist terrorists. Even before it was adopted, Ben Gurion voiced his opposition to their return. His comments were echoed by the PM in the 90s, who stated that it will never happen and the only so-called right to return is that of the Jews to Israel.

If they will not acknowledge the Nakba, dismiss the right to return, and illegally build new settlements, how is a 2-state solution possible? I'm sure you know that the current government is not in favour.

The PLO first indicated they would be willing to accept a 2-state solution in the 70s. Since then numerous UN Resolutions have been adopted in support of this, based on the pre-67 borders. Each one has been blocked by the US.

The Oslo accords in the 90s suggested progress might be made but then far-right Israelis murdered their Prime Minister.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This just isn't true.

In 1948 the UN adopted a resolution calling for the right to return of Palestinian refugees. This was an issue that the UN Mediator for Palestine had been quite vocal about before he was murdered by Zionist terrorists. Even before it was adopted, Ben Gurion voiced his opposition to their return. His comments were echoed by the PM in the 90s, who stated that it will never happen and the only so-called right to return is that of the Jews to Israel.

If they will not acknowledge the Nakba, dismiss the right to return, and illegally build new settlements, how is a 2-state solution possible? I'm sure you know that the current government is not in favour.

The PLO first indicated they would be willing to accept a 2-state solution in the 70s. Since then numerous UN Resolutions have been adopted in support of this, based on the pre-67 borders. Each one has been blocked by the US.

The Oslo accords in the 90s suggested progress might be made but then far-right Israelis murdered their Prime Minister.
It's pointless attempting to put a reasoned view over when all you get is statements without any factual evidence in return. The Israeli's had terrorists in 1947 who effectively changed the landscape.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It's pointless attempting to put a reasoned view over when all you get is statements without any factual evidence in return. The Israeli's had terrorists in 1947 who effectively changed the landscape.

I never put anyone on ignore and like to hear a range of views but I must say @aolstudios 's contributions are a little wearing. Just baseless claims followed by laughter emojis when called out.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I never put anyone on ignore and like to hear a range of views but I must say @aolstudios 's contributions are a little wearing. Just baseless claims followed by laughter emojis when called out.
Exactly why they’ve been on my ignore list for some time now!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I vote we try pirates again. They didn't get a fair crack of the whip last time.

I vote we try pirates again. They didn't get a fair crack of the whip last time.
Interesting that Pirates were mentioned by the Enoch Powell impersonator, since 'The West' was basically built on piracy.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wow.
Again.
A tiny part of a reasonable length post. My point was Israel is blamed for the senseless loss of thousands of people killed by Hamas' indiscriminate bombing.
Who's point scoring?
No, sorry - that is absolutely not what you wrote at all.

You wrote that it was 'weird' that they were included in the number of Palestinian lives lost in the 'war' (your inverted commas - not sure why they are there):
Many of which miss & kill their own citizens - weirdly included in the numbers of Palestinians lost in the 'war'

• Wow
Reactions: cjd

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
Hamas will always be there. They go, more extremism will follow, it is a viscious cycle. But do agree with what you are saying, to some degree

Probably true, unless the Israeli government is committed to keeping a significant military presence in Gaza which I think extremely unlikely. Therefore their minimum (and completely understandable) operational goal will be the destruction of Hamas capability to launch further major terrorist atrocities against Israel at least in the short term. Plus targeting Hamas leadership and infrastructure on an ongoing basis to degrade their control in Gaza. Which is why any talk of a permanent ceasefire at this point seems faintly ridiculous.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
You’ve only just realised that 😉 - I have had that on just about all my posts that have responded directly to him since he first joined in the thread on 7 October - followed by more laughter emojis for anyone who contradicts me instead of engaging in sensible discussion.

Best to ignore them imo.

(Queue laughter…😉)
Tempting but no. I'll hold back this time.
Thanks for the thoroughly condescending post though

Reactions: cjd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports