Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Good news

From one of the released "it's a twist of history that these communities that were really peace-loving communities are the ones to sustain such a horrendous massacre"

I hope Hamas are listening

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Tottenham fans pictured waving Israel flags during their clash against Fulham despite Premier Leagu… https://mol.im/a/12663379 via https://dailym.ai/android

Lets hope we see none of thisThursday. Respect the ban which really could be extended to all flags except the nation of the competing country, be in PL EFL Euro FA Cup the lot. Will THFC be punished. Yeah definately or it gives others the go ahead.
I don't agree with flags/political statements in grounds, how can you have a ban on the Israeli flag and allow Ukrainian? Both are victims here.

One cause is just more fashionable?

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I don't agree with flags/political statements in grounds, how can you have a ban on the Israeli flag and allow Ukrainian? Both are victims here.

Israel is the victim? This conflict isn't a superhero movie where there is a good side and a bad side.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Israel is the victim? This conflict isn't a superhero movie where there is a good side and a bad side.
Yes, its highly complex, two intifadas and 7 decades of strife. Tragic as the events of October 7 were it didn't all start then.

Many politicians would be wise to read their history books before taking sides.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Weren’t they just taking about two flags in their example….can’t see where they were suggesting your super hero movie ….having said that aren’t Israeli’s that have been killed or taken hostage ‘victims’….hope you are having a good morning

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Weren’t they just taking about two flags in their example….can’t see where they were suggesting your super here movie ….having said that aren’t Israeli’s that have been killed or taken hostage ‘victims’….hope you are having a good morning
Well yes, the victims of this conflict are the innocent civilians in Israel and Palestine because of the violence conducted by Hamas and the Israeli authorities.

I thought I should reiterate the point that this isn't a football match where you "support a side" because it really isn't that simple, but it is fine to show solidarity for the innocent civilians in Israel and/or Palestine.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
think that was rather the point.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well yes, the victims of this conflict are the innocent civilians in Israel and Palestine because of the violence conducted by Hamas and the Israeli authorities.

I thought I should reiterate the point that this isn't a football match where you "support a side" because it really isn't that simple, but it is fine to show solidarity for the innocent civilians in Israel and/or Palestine.
Yes that makes sense I see what you are saying…..but from what I make of the OP’s post he was referring to bias being shown by allowing flags….Wembley arch for Ukraine and then banning it for example Israel …it kind of made a rod for its own back ….personally I go along to footie for escapism .. :)

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Yes that makes sense I see what you are saying…..but from what I make of the OP’s post he was referring to bias being shown by allowing flags….Wembley arch for Ukraine and then banning it for example Israel …it kind of made a rod for its own back ….personally I go along to footie for escapism .. :)
Agreed, I don't think that football and politics should be connected.
However the reason for the FA refusing to light Wembley in Israel colours was simply because this conflict is complex and not a one-sided issue.
Does that mean Wembley shouldn't have been lit up in Ukraine colours? I honestly don't know enough to make a conclusion, but I believe the Ukraine/Russia conflict is much different to the Israel/Palestine conflict.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You seem to really want to start an argument from your posts on this thread. I think we've done this bit
I'm interested to know what you find argumentative?

I've said Rishi/SKS are correct in waiting before judging who was at fault for bombing the hospital, Biden and Trump are bad options for the USA, the police should be questioned over actions at a March were there was a fringe of nutters seeming supporting to Hamas and political flags should be banned from football as who decides a worthy cause?

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Agreed, I don't think that football and politics should be connected.
However the reason for the FA refusing to light Wembley in Israel colours was simply because this conflict is complex and not a one-sided issue.
Does that mean Wembley shouldn't have been lit up in Ukraine colours? I honestly don't know enough to make a conclusion, but I believe the Ukraine/Russia conflict is much different to the Israel/Palestine conflict.
Well that’s the point ..once you do it for one cause you leave yourself open for when you say no to another …I guess the football authorities would be aware of the tensions in our country …seen by the demos at the wkd and an argument could be made because of that …personally I prefer if it was kept out of football so I would have said no re Ukraine ..as I said before it’s my ‘escapism’

Anyway this has been a civilised discussion..but now time to dip out and get on with work 👍

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Of course, if you could simply quote the post at the time, when you spoke out against the 'more fashionable' conflict getting Wembley lit up in Ukraine colours, this would simply add further weight to this statement you've just made ???

If indeed, that is the cause you think is 'more fashionable' and I'm also not sure whether you are saying there's only two nationalities of innocent victims in both conflicts. Maybe you could explain a little more as It's not entirely clear what you're trying to say :shrug:

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Of course, if you could simply quote the post at the time, when you spoke out against the 'more fashionable' conflict getting Wembley lit up in Ukraine colours, this would simply add further weight to this statement you've just made ???

If indeed, that is the cause you think is 'more fashionable'. It's not entirely clear :shrug:
It might just be fashionable to support a country of 44m being illegally invaded by its powerful neighbour.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

If indeed, that is the cause you think is 'more fashionable' and I'm also not sure whether you are saying there's only two nationalities of innocent victims in both conflicts. Maybe you could explain a little more as It's not entirely clear what you're trying to say :shrug:

I said at the time politics should be kept out of sport as you end up in an awkward position , if you are bored enough you can go back and find it.

(y)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here