Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think if they're posting a fake video, we probably do know what the truth is on this one, especially when combined with intelligence that Hamas/Islamic Jihad don't possess weapons with such destructive capability.
It certainly begs the question, if they had the evidence to be able to claim “it wasn’t us because xyz” then they’d have pushed it out pretty quick, but relying on obviously faked videos doesn’t suggest they do.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
powered by generators? …..I’m seeing videos from outside another hospital with ‘electric’ lights
I’d be very surprised if that many flats had their own generators, the lights in the video were not from small focal points but in odd flats within blocks

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Time to step aside from this for the night.

Regardless of which flavoured bomb/missile/rocket/whatever struck that hospital, it seems likely many hundreds of innocent lives of those sheltering and trying to remain safe, have been lost.

And a misinformation war is now being waged by both sides trying to convince the world "it wasn't us, it was them".

Horrific.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
How many times in the last year have stray Hamas rockets obliterated hospitals within Gaza?

If the answer is zero then Occam’s Razor suggests this is a targeted attack by IDF.
No idea but a huge percentage of their rockets aimed at Israel fall short into Gaza, causing many fatalities

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Time to step aside from this for the night.

Regardless of which flavoured bomb/missile/rocket/whatever struck that hospital, it seems likely many hundreds of innocent lives of those sheltering and trying to remain safe, have been lost.

And a misinformation war is now being waged by both sides trying to convince the world "it wasn't us, it was them".

Horrific.
FACT

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No idea but a huge percentage of their rockets aimed at Israel fall short into Gaza, causing many fatalities
Proof and not from an Israeli spokesmen.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
‘’Justin Bronk, a weapons expert at the RUSI think-tank, said the sound of the incoming missile, which was filmed before it hit the hospital, was not typical to the kind of munition used by the Israeli air force.’’
That'll be the RUSI think tank founded and still based in London, UK will it?

Thanks, but I think I'll wait for more independent information if that's ok.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Within two and a half years of Trump leaving office we have war in Europe and a very significant war in the middle East with potential for massive escalation; some plan.
Exactly, Biden changed almost everything when he got in. The foul up in Afghanistan gave Iran the confidence to push their luck as they are dead against the Abraham Accords. Russia thinks Trump is crazy and didn't do anything when he blew up 200 Wagner in Syria. It is only after Biden came in the war started.

You need to think through your points a bit better.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Get on Google. It's accepted by pretty much all sources
Nope can't find any independent sources reporting their own findings only those from Israel.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
The hospital strike continues to show that this conflict has been mainly influenced by misinformation and mistrust amongst both "sides".

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Jeremy Bowen on the BBC has suggested that it would be surprising if Hamas/Islamic Jihad had a missile powerful enough to cause the destruction seen.
In the interests of balance, I suspect, although I can't be certain, that there's a likely probability that @Bozza may be correct in that it may be impossible to independently verify who fired it, and that both sides will likely blame each other.

One thing's for sure though, I've never believed the 'targeted strikes' narratives of military super powers.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Exactly, Biden changed almost everything when he got in. The foul up in Afghanistan gave Iran the confidence to push their luck as they are dead against the Abraham Accords. Russia thinks Trump is crazy and didn't do anything when he blew up 200 Wagner in Syria. It is only after Biden came in the war started.

You need to think through your points a bit better.
Depends on whether you think that current events are predicated only on the actions of the President of the past two years, or if the previous incumbent was responsible to any extent.

I have my opinion, you have yours.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Chose not to comment on this one. A direct strike on a hospital would be a pretty horrific act with huge ramifications for any aggressor. Either that or a monumental error. Whoever is responsible, the only thing we can say is that this has to stop- now. This is pure evil.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Would seem extremely unlucky (I realise that's a massive understatement) that a Hamas missile accidently hits a hospital, whereas we have been told Hamas are thought to hide in hospitals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here