Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
So it was Trumps plan then?
Yeah - just like it was Guy Fawkes’ ‘Plan’ to blow up the Houses of Parliament in 1605 - not all plans work and some are just downright machiavellian …some are both
Only your media calls him rightwing, he is a New York Democrat for all intense purposes,
You won’t mind if it’s the New York Democrat, AG Letitia James, who‘s going to be convicting him of fraud then?

(for all intents and purposes 😉)

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Absolutely shocking - been pulling a few people up all through this thread for exactly that, implying all Palestinians support terrorists - but the BBC?? 😳 No wonder there’s so much Islamophobia in the UK.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Related to that but perhaps but perhaps a different angle …there’s a fair number of reports regarding a ‘bias’ by some people working for the BBC Arabique service with employees indicating support for the Hamas action etc through their social media and actual paid reporting

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Related to that but perhaps but perhaps a different angle …there’s a fair number of reports regarding a ‘bias’ by some people working for the BBC Arabique service with employees indicating support for the Hamas action etc through their social media and actual paid reporting

Examples?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Absolutely shocking - been pulling a few people up all through this thread for exactly that, implying all Palestinians support terrorists - but the BBC?? 😳 No wonder there’s so much Islamophobia in the UK.
The BBC are pretty much always equally damned by all sides, just like they are in domestic politics. They're on a hiding to nothing really, same as any serious broadcaster worth their salt

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes, not good. Although the BBC have been far more reasonable and rational in their reporting than most.

Although I am a BBC fan and often get slated for it.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The BBC are pretty much always equally damned by all sides, just like they are in domestic politics. They're on a hiding to nothing really, same as any serious broadcaster worth their salt

Hamas are a barbaric jhadist group - the vast majority of Palestinians don’t support their aims and means - it’s a strange time to choose to jump in and defend such a really ignorant example of racial profiling - which is discriminatory- I expect our journalists to be better informed on the issues - nothing to do with politics or bias - it is Islamophobic - and a dangerous lack of attention to detail given the current climate.

It was an error and they have apologised but people shouldn’t be dismissing it - words matter.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Whoa! They made an error and put it right.

You'll not find the Daily Hate ever doing that. Or Fox News.

Let's not start accusing the BBC of fuelling Islamophobia. A lot of its reporting has been right down the middle and has shared the pain and concerns from both sides.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hamas are a barbaric jhadist group - the vast majority of Palestinians don’t support their aims and means - it’s a strange time to choose to jump in and defend such a really ignorant example of racial profiling - which is discriminatory- I expect our journalists to be better informed on the issues - nothing to do with politics or bias - it is Islamophobic - and a dangerous lack of attention to detail given the current climate.

It was an error and they have apologised but people shouldn’t be dismissing it - words matter.
Sorry, much as you're doing your damnest to control the narrative of this thread, you don't get to do that. Your POV is your POV. Other POVs are available :wave:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

'BBC gets 1,500 complaints over Israel-Hamas coverage, split 50-50 on each side

Objections divided almost evenly between those who say there is bias against Israel and those who think it is against Palestinians'

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Let's not start accusing the BBC of fuelling Islamophobia. A lot of its reporting has been right down the middle and has shared the pain and concerns from both sides.
My niece and some of her ex- student friends was on that March in London ( it wasn’t all Palestinians btw) and said it was overwhelmingly a peaceful March and heard no calls for Hamas…my niece is black so I know a little something about racial issues …Where ever racial profiling occurs whether by accident or deliberate - it should be pulled up and called out - which the BBC comment/mistake was even if it was an inadvertent error.

Racial profiling and Islamophobia exist as does anti-semitism - its not a POV

The BBC apologised so they know that too.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Sorry, much as you're doing your damnest to control the narrative of this thread, you don't get to do that. Your POV is your POV. Other POVs are available :wave:
Fair enough- I’ve posted a lot - too much - and apologise to everyone - I’ll try and post less ..but I will answer if someone has directly quotes me …

I try to be balanced and fair and understand see other people‘s POV but guess with relatives in Israel, friends of family with kids doing military service, and 2nd generation Holocaust survivor - I am involved- have been for years and what’s going on in Israel is literally causing divisions in the wider family .. and all very distressing- if I’ve made anyone feel they can’t post alternative views, I apologise for that too.

I haven’t tried to control the narrative or bully anyone or been rude - at least that’s not how it’s seemed to me, I think I’ve articulated what is essentially a fairly middle of the road majority opinion on here but I’ve done so too loudly and too much that I know 🙁

Please feel free to put me on ignore or post more -or whatever - of course your views are absolutely valid and I’‘m sorry if you have felt my posts haven’t allowed you to express them - there’s enough conflict in the world without me adding to it on here.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
A lot has been said regarding this current conflict but behind the scenes are there actually any genuine talks between potential power brokers in this situation. By that will the Americans be talking to the Chinese or Russian's etc about trying to prevent an escalation of military action?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here