NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

What an awful tosser he is.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Why? Trump got the peace progress started and didn't start any wars.
Have you seen what he has said about this current crisis. I genuinely think that dementia has set in to your man. Like you, he is meant to be a right wing populist but has called the militants ‘smart’ whilst criticising the Israel far right leadership.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The peace process started in the 60s - there is no one peace process but Trump’s Plan sold the Palestinians down the river and pissed off Iran - he moved the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem making Jerusalem the de facto capital of Israel -and further annexation of the West Bank - Occupied territory- Trump basically got into bed with Netanyahu and the far right Zionist extremists. For the first time ever, there was a ‘Peace Plan’ that didn’t recognise a two State solution but also tried to annex further land from the Palestinian people.

Trump also pulled out of the Iran Nuclear Deal in 2018 which meant Iran went back into having severe sanctions imposed (just when their economy was improving ) that pissed them off big time and now there’s no means of monitoring nuclear proliferation as the US/UN no longer has inspection access- which means Israel and the US will have agenda here beyond Gaza.

Trump also had Irans top military commander assassinated in 2020 - Hezbollah and Iran vowed to avenge his death.

Trump’s belligerent presidential positions and bellicose attitudes to foreign leaders is a large part of how we got to a point where a broader Middle Eastern war is looking increasingly likely.

Trump is absolutely the worse emissary for World Peace imo.

PS - Trump and Netanyahu fell out big time when Netanyahu recognised Biden as POTUS in 2020 whilst Trump was busy broadcasting to the world the Election was ‘a steal’ and ‘invalid’ - Trump pretty much hates Netanyahu now 🙂

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

What an awful tosser he is.

As someone says below, it's like some kind of crude Alan Partridge tribute act.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not sure that declaring Jerusalem as Israel's capital and the plans to shift the embassy there helped the peace process. Neither did lauding Hezbollah. I think you need to go a bit further into your memory on that one.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Madeley could put his foot in it when covering a story about a skateboarding poodle. No way should he be let near an issue as serious as this.
She looks totally stunned. She has Palestinian heritage but her family are Palestinian Christians, as is she.
Many people on X are reporting him to Ofcom for 'racial' profiling.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Claiming Trump started the peace process is like saying Jeremy Corbyn bought about the Good Friday Agreement

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I'm not sure that declaring Jerusalem as Israel's capital and the plans to shift the embassy there helped the peace process. Neither did lauding Hezbollah. I think you need to go a bit further into your memory on that one.
I was in Israel in 2012 and Jerusalem was the capital then. Not sure that one can be pinned on Trump!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
She looks totally stunned. She has Palestinian heritage but her family are Palestinian Christians, as is she.
Many people on X are reporting him to Ofcom for 'racial' profiling.
The guy is clearly past it and is completely insensitive. But racial profiling, nahhh.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was in Israel in 2012 and Jerusalem was the capital then. Not sure that one can be pinned on Trump!
It's disputed as well you know. Trump moved the US Embassy there in 2017 to join the three whole other ones in that City.

Pretty obvious that's what BL meant. Indeed, the status of Jerusalem is one of the major issues in this terrible conflict.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think you know what I meant my friend.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Have you seen what he has said about this current crisis. I genuinely think that dementia has set in to your man. Like you, he is meant to be a right wing populist but has called the militants ‘smart’ whilst criticising the Israel far right leadership.

Only your media calls him rightwing, he is a New York Democrat for all intense purposes,

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022

I dont, just read what I said. He started getting Arab countries to recognise israel.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Insightful stuff from Peter Hitchens here

The interviewer doesn't challenge him, TBH I'd struggle to challenge him, because IMO on this occasion he's correct.

The more days that pass hopefully Israel will see sense and realise they in danger of doing exactly what Hamas wanted. Biden understands this is a dangerous moment, hence his visit...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here