Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Moving summation of the conflict by Dr Gabor Mate (a self declared ex Zionist)

The line that stood out for me was by a psychologist. "The children of Gaza don't suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as there is no "Post"

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I don't quite see how Hamas can be keeping Islamic fundamental jihadistic terrorists from the borders. Hamas are Islamic fundamental jihadistic terrorists.

Israel is after Hamas
Gaza has more than one group of fundamentalists jihadists operating or with influence- the PIJ being the main potential successor
Hamas being ‘destroyed’ leaves a power vacuum and a western friendly government like the PA in the West Bank wont wash with fundamentalists (that was the reason for the split by Hamas in the first place from the PA) - more cause for radicalisation
You may destroy Hamas but you will never destroy radical fundamentalists Islamist ideolgy

If you bomb an entire population into submission after forcing them to live for nearly 60 years in what is effectively an open prison under severe hardship, on land gained by illegal occupation …… then tell them they no longer have any right to land upon which one of the most important mosques in Islam is built and that they need to go live in the desert - 🤷‍♂️
(Egypt has her share of Jhadist fundamentalists too - not least those that spring up from the Muslim Brotherhood)

Last edited:

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Professional offence-takers strike again. A tenuous and (as it turns out) imaginary link to a Jew in a Shakespeare play can't be a reason to sack someone.

Don't want to derail this topic but this type of tenuous smear is what Starmer and the Labour right has used to purge the Labour party of any Palestinian voices including many Jews.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wow.
Just f***ing wow.
I used to love him but in recent years there's been an absolute Jew obsession. It's not exactly an esoteric view of Bell. Just because you haven't noticed doesn't mean it hasn't happened. As I said, the guardian, not exactly a bastion of Israel love to put it mildly, has withdrawn several antisemitic works of his previously.
Would you dismiss any other minority's experience of racism that casually?
Seriously, maybe take a step back for a moment?
<deleted>

Seriously can’t be arsed.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

The line that stood out for me was by a psychologist. "The children of Gaza don't suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as there is no "Post"

Excellent @borat - thank you for posting - very much what I have been saying right from the beginning of this thread and how I have thought for many years - I just hope people will watch it - more importantly- I hope people will understand that this revisionist history of Gaza needs to become mainstream thinking is if peace is ever to be found.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Well, exactly
See my response above - @dsr-burnley didn’t understand what I meant - I was saying any proposed independent Palestinian State in Egypt that still had a border with Israel would be problematic for the Israeli Government because if Hamas no longer existed, there would still be a group that would rise up - at the moment those groups are subdued by Hamas in Gaza in a power struggle that they control.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
See my response above - @dsr-burnley didn’t understand what I meant - I was referring to risks that an new independent Palestinian State that still had a border would be problematic for the Israeli Government because if Hamas no longer existed, there would still be a group that would rise up - at the moment those groups are subdued by Hamas in Gaza in a power struggle that they control.
Fair enough

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I read something over the weekend on this (probably on The Guardian's website). Suggestion was that Egypt might be persuaded to take Gazans into Sinai in return for economic assistance from various western nations.

EDIT: this is the article - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...g-could-egypt-open-it-to-fleeing-palestinians
Thanks - Just read it - they are talking about being willing to create refugee camps if they get money to pay for them - (not the creation of an Independent State on the Peninsular)

Bit like taking in lodgers - not because you like lodgers but to boost the family income - but probably the only short term solution while Israel wage full blown war inside Gaza - except it wont be short term - refuge camps never are - (especially if you had no State to begin with ….)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So have we worked out what the Royal Navy ships we’ve parked in the eastern Med are actually doing there yet? Only I’d have thought we have British citizens stuck in Gaza (not hostages, ordinary people), why aren’t we getting them out on those ships?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
So have we worked out what the Royal Navy ships we’ve parked in the eastern Med are actually doing there yet? Only I’d have thought we have British citizens stuck in Gaza (not hostages, ordinary people), why aren’t we getting them out on those ships?
Might it be because the border crossing remains closed?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Thank you for posting, so powerful. I’m afraid we had good intentions in 1948 but we really screwed up.

What happened this month in Israel I do not condone in any way but after 7 decades of repression can we really be that surprised? When there is extreme poverty and no hope bad things happen. We see it all over the world, if it was in an African country few would be interested

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Last edited:

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Another airstrike has landed in Southern Gaza, at the Rafah Crossing which borders Gaza and Egypt; where many Palestinians wait to migrate into Africa and access crucial supplies.
The problem with this, is that if Israel wants innocent Gazans to evacuate to the South, then why are they bombing this region? Surely it is a significant danger to civilians, what is the reason for why they are doing this?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Temp to perm (maybe).

Whatever happens, I hope the innocent Gazans find safety.
There would have to be massive temporary remunerations for Egypt before that will happen. It’s probably being discussed now. It’s the long game that worries Egypt.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The trouble is the current trend for politicians is to virtue signal with statements like I stand with Ukraine, Israel etc
Once said there is no going back utterly pathetic way to run a government.

Please don’t lazily lump Ukraine in with this.

The fascist wager of many illegal wars Putin invaded the sovereign territory of Ukraine, his forces murdering and raping, 700,000 kids abducted.

The only people disputing that in this country are weird online nut-jobs or a few old school Communists who 40 years on think of fascist Russia as their friend the USSR.

We have a Ukrainian refugee in our family, the news is terrible beyond all belief.

Any politician attacking Putin is on the right side of history.

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Good points and don’t disagree with any of that but my post really was in opposition to the idea that the IDF were an ideologically homogenous group who support the Netanyahu government’s agenda on Palestine ( as was being suggested by several posters up thread) objectives which include not to recognise a State of Palestine and annexation to Israel by stealth through settlement expansion -

Yes Haredi Jews are exempt but that exemption is based on preserving ethnic diversity in the population nothing to with being exempt on religious grounds per se but their numbers have grown enough to be able to share the burden- so that’s why it’s become unpopular - Druze and Circassian’s ) also have exemptions or limited service duration for the same reason but they are still very much small minorities.

BTW The ‘settlers’ are those Jewish people living in the Occupied Palestine Territories not Palestinians
They are a key part of the problem but not the only problem ...

The IDF represents the population not just Nethanyahu e.g. recent demonstrations by reservists about law changes he is bringing in BUT when its called to war as it has been the IDF will act in unity and unfortunately the murder of 1400 Israelis and the defiling of the bodies , especially the women, will bind them together as it has also made many Jews wanting military action who previously would have been against it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here