Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
But in an organisation pledged to wipe Israel and the Jews off the planet.... The IDF is there to defend Israel, many if not most IDF people are reservists and most Israelis don't want to wipe out The Palestinians, HAMAS yes.
Yes, it is such an organisation. But, then again, from where we're standing, it looks as though Israel is succeeding in wiping the north of Gaza off the planet.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
<mod edit> removed content post d by a reincarnation of a banned user
Or the US behind the scenes have told them to hold their horses given the international reaction to the original 24 hour demand last Thursday

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
most Israelis don't want to wipe out The Palestinians,
It doesn’t take ‘most’ - just an unpopular failing Prime Minister, who’s made a deal with the devil

“Jewish Power is comprised of hard-line religious nationalists who have cast themselves as successors to the banned Kahanist movement, which dreamed of turning Israel into a Jewish theocracy and advocated forced removal of Palestinians.”

….and a militarised State with compulsory conscription from 18-21yrs (I have a family friend’s daughter serving currently for 21 mnths) - a third of young conscripts don’t want to do duty in the Occupation area - refusal is imprisonment- some believe the only reason for the IDFs presence their is ‘to guard (illegal) settlements, not to prevent terror or defend Israel’

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What country drops leaflets from the sky, sends out text messages & announces for civilians to leave. Only Israel.
It might be more helpful if they dropped water and medicine rather than leaflets.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Can I ask your purpose in posting this ?

And before you do, it should help to mention that no-one here supports such violent actions.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What country drops leaflets from the sky, sends out text messages & announces for civilians to leave. Only Israel.
When I read your entry I thought it was some kind of sick joke. I can cope with that. It is the internet and to be expected at times.

Back in WWII the Americans dropped leaflets with similar instructions on Japanese cities. I find it quite shocking that anyone could consider this a great act of benevolence in present circumstances, especially given that a convoy was bombed yesterday and a number, including children, died.

Folk here are simply expressing concern over clear violations of international law and the suffering that this response to the atrocities is causing. Yet you present it as if it is some act of great kindness. I can't get my head round that.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Imagine if the UK covered the Irish Republic with British settlements and they were all protected by heavy security and Irish communities were split apart and their connection to the land weakened, meanwhile British communities put down roots in territory meant for the Irish. They would excluded from certain British-only roads and forced to go through a number of security checkpoints just to move around their territory.

Then we started nicking all their water bore holes and they would be forced to pay high prices for water from trucks.

Just a thought...
Pretty much the history of the creation of the Ulster plantations by the 'British' (earliest use of the word by English and Scottish colonisers before the Act of Union came into being) in the 17th century.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
But in an organisation pledged to wipe Israel and the Jews off the planet.... The IDF is there to defend Israel, many if not most IDF people are reservists and most Israelis don't want to wipe out The Palestinians, HAMAS yes.
Are there not plenty of IDF members that do not believe in a two state solution since they don't recognise the right of a Palestinian state to exist?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Aided and abetted by the States

EU leader speaking about Russia in Ukraine

Just standard Western hypocrisy. They're past masters at it.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Speaking of the state of everyone/vermin. I'm imagining the scene in Hamas HQ ... they launch a murderous attack on Israel deliberately targeting, butchering and raping civilians and within days hundreds of thousands of people across numerous countries take to the streets ... not in support of Israel but march for the Palestinian cause.

Meanwhile, online, after a few perfunctory condemnations of Hamas the 'progressive' narrative soon turns to focus on Israel and condemns their response even before they have responded.

High fives all round at Hamas HQ, who says barbaric antisemitic terrorism doesn't pay ....
Well, exactly

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Pretty much the history of the creation of the Ulster plantations by the 'British' (earliest use of the word by English and Scottish colonisers before the Act of Union came into being) in the 17th century.
That ‘conflict’ was 400 years ago by your date (but goes back further), the one in Israel/Palestine goes back even further. How long should it be before ancient excuses are consigned to the dustbin?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
That ‘conflict’ was 400 years ago by your date (but goes back further), the one in Israel/Palestine goes back even further. How long should it be before ancient excuses are consigned to the dustbin?
Never unfortunately, as we know history repeats itself time & time again, & we never take the time to realise it.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm well aware that the 'conflict' in Ireland goes back much further than 400 years. I only referenced the Ulster plantations set up by James I in that period because it mirrored the hypothetical event that @nicko31 put up. For example, one of the conditions put on the English and Scottish 'undertakers' by James I during that land grab was that they must, within three years, build a house made of stone to set minimum specifications, with a fortified wall surrounding it and with armaments contained within. In other words, they knew it was an act of hostility they were engaged in. Sound familiar?
I'm also aware that the Israel/Palestine question goes back even further than the Irish question. It is also much much more complex.

It's a very good question as to, 'How long should it be before ancient excuses are consigned to the dustbin?'. I honestly don't know the answer to that. You've chosen to live in Australia I believe? Maybe you have a specific view on historic cut off points and the way forward?

Certainly history needs to be taught so that it can at least be learnt from. However, if the will isn't there to change the course of history through compromise for the betterment of all involved, then yes, it'll forever be used as 'ancient excuses' to continue conflicts, sadly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here