Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
56 Palestinians have been killed in the West Bank by Israeli settlers, and a further 1,250 injured whilst Israeli soldiers act as bystanders to these events.
The Palestinian Red Crescent has been denied from accessing the wounded, some staff have been detained and there has been firing on medical crews and ambulances.

This has been recently reported by the BBC.

They've basically declared civilians are fair game.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Rumours about the water supply being turned back on..thank goodness!

Electricity and food supplies next please …plus stop the obvious

This Amnesty article details the horrendous way Israel has long restricted Palestinian's access to water.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There are no winners here. But I will add that this is why I really cannot stand religion, it is the primary cause of most bloody wars. Shove it up your arse for all I'm concerned. We are all equal, we don't need further division. Hamas DO need to wiped off the earth and Palestine DOES deserve to be unified with the West Bank and they DO deserve a fresh start to a free and safe healthy future. BUT we should be there sorting this out from a diplomatic standpoint or even putting the wheels in motion to set up a new government and rebuild the country, a government that gets democratically elected by the Palestinians, for when Israel does inevitable destroy Gaza,
Agree with you.

I suspect that the days of 'no sanctions on Israel whatsoever - or it will be war with America' must end.

However, the elements of the mad religionists in their settlements on the west bank are as mad and genocidal as Hamas, so it really is a death race :shrug:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Agree with you.

I suspect that the days of 'no sanctions on Israel whatsoever - or it will be war with America' must end.

However, the elements of the mad religionists in their settlements on the west bank are as mad and genocidal as Hamas, so it really is a death race :shrug:

It's not war with America that's the threat (though obviously they love a bit of that too). It's their vetoing of any UN resolution critical of Israel. Every time the international community tries to restore some sanity, the Americans scupper it.

(Edited to correct a typo and add a comma)

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's not war with America that's the threat (though obviously they live a bit of that too). It's their vetoing of any UN resolution critical of Israel. Every time the international community tries to restore some sanity the Americans scupper it.
Money and power sees to that, sadly.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm no expert but there is Bob Hope and no hope of Israel clearing out of the West Bank with or without Hamas, there are 750k Israelis living there.

Think you need to do a bit more reading on the subject...
He's too busy making racist jokes on Facebook for that.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Elected government.
Currently in its 18th year without an election
Indeed! Yes, it’s obviously not a democratically run enclave and that ‘election’ has no mandate now - that goes without saying - but was just stating facts not making a valued judgment of them! They kill Gazans who have tried to stand against them by collaborating with the West Bank PA in security issues in the OPT.

The back story is relevant though to where we might be heading next - They were one of the two largest political parties in Palestine and won a decisive majority in the Palestinian legislative election to the Palestinian Authority which ran the OPT - that is until 2006 when Hamas toppled Fatah in a bloody conflict - Hamas installed themselves into Gaza and separated from the PA. The PA were committed to working for a two state solution but Hamas, committed to destroying Israel, found an alibi in Israel’s far right extremist elements that didnt support the PA in the West Bank for the same reason - interesting bedfellows eh? Without going all false flaggy about it, there are some very deep conflicts of interest here …including those of the US …

Where Iran fits in? And I don’t think this is about Religion (much)

It served Natanyahu‘s far right Religious Extremism well to have Hamas as a de facto uncontested leader who would never agree a peace deal - things could have chugged on indefinitely under Netanyahu until Trump’s bellicosity ruined it all when he tore up up the Nuclear Deal in 2018 and reimposed stricter sanctions on Iran’s economy pissing Iran off big time in addition to murdering Iran’s most senior Commander, Quasem Soleimani 2020 - that’s pissed Hezbollah and Iran off big time too and they vowed revenge (as they usually do) but now, there is no way to stop Iran from enriching weapon grade uranium coz Trump tore up the only thing stopping her - and no way for the States to monitor her nuclear facilities - and Iran is thirsty for revenge - that’s a problem right there.

I think Hamas are being used as Terrorist-puppets, in fact we know that, but I’m not sure how many a
people are pulling the strings and from what direction - there doesn’t seem to be much ‘love’ connection between the ’cause of their suffering people’ and their jihadist attack last week - they would have to have known the response would kill many civilians - I’m just not sure how many puppet masters they have as an invasion of Iran might be the only way to deal with a proxy war between the US and Iran over nuclear proliferation that’s been going on for years ….

This timeline is a must must read if you want to get a feel for the macro geopolitics between the US and Iran and where relations are exactly - the war in Gaza may be the casus belli (look it up 😉) for America to invade Iran, look for WMD (which probably don’t exist yet but might soon) and take out the Ayatollah…and prop up a nice friendly Shah like they had before the revolution …

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Behave. The IDF would have had those Hamas sites pinpointed months if not years in advance. And do you really think they'd knowingly sacrifice kibbutzim and kids at a music festival just to give them an excuse to release hell on equally innocent people in Gaza? Jeez!
Well they're willing to sacrifice their own citizens currently held hostage by Hamas in Gaza.

Or do you know of a cunning plan to get them released? Or maybe you believe the 'targeted strikes ' narrative.

Check out the tweet put up earlier of the 19 yr old Israeli survivor of the Hamas Kibbutz attack.

Scum exploit religion rather like they exploit politics, 'culture wars', and the general fear of 'other'.

As a devout athiest I have no problem with religion as such. Provided it is kept as a private matter.

and à propos of nothing, I heard some numpty 'boxer' explaining his plans 'with the will of god' again on radio 5 this morning. I'd love it if the interviewers started asking them about this god, what he actually said, and where to go to get an interview. If the boxer had said 'my invisible friend' it would have taken nothing from the narrative.
Completely agree.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's not war with America that's the threat (though obviously they live a bit of that too). It's their vetoing of any UN resolution critical of Israel. Every time the international community tries to restore some sanity the Americans scupper it.
Yup. It's over Israel that the Permanent 5 (ie US) have most used the power of the veto in the UN Security Council.
We've had a period of international integration in the aftermath of the Cold War. It's now very difficult to deny that we're living through a period of international disintegration. There was the opportunity to seriously address this long-running (75yr) problem during that period of international integration. The international community and, predominantly, the US failed to do so. Now, there's the real potential for this conflict to accelerate that period of international disintegration.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This Amnesty article details the horrendous way Israel has long restricted Palestinian's access to water.

Imagine if the UK covered the Irish Republic with British settlements and they were all protected by heavy security and Irish communities were split apart and their connection to the land weakened, meanwhile British communities put down roots in territory meant for the Irish. They would excluded from certain British-only roads and forced to go through a number of security checkpoints just to move around their territory.

Then we started nicking all their water bore holes and they would be forced to pay high prices for water from trucks.

Just a thought...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well they're willing to sacrifice their own citizens currently held hostage by Hamas in Gaza.

Or do you know of a cunning plan to get them released? Or maybe you believe the 'targeted strikes ' narrative.

Check out the tweet put up earlier of the 19 yr old Israeli survivor of the Hamas Kibbutz attack.
I saw it earlier. I almost posted it on here. It was heartbreaking

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The same could be said of Hamas. There will be mix of reasons why they are there - some will be extremist religious leaders and fighters, some will want to avenge the killing or maiming of family/being kept in an open air prison.
But in an organisation pledged to wipe Israel and the Jews off the planet.... The IDF is there to defend Israel, many if not most IDF people are reservists and most Israelis don't want to wipe out The Palestinians, HAMAS yes.

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
Absolute f***ing state of everyone in this video. Vermin. Totally with the Police on this one.

Speaking of the state of everyone/vermin. I'm imagining the scene in Hamas HQ ... they launch a murderous attack on Israel deliberately targeting, butchering and raping civilians and within days hundreds of thousands of people across numerous countries take to the streets ... not in support of Israel but march for the Palestinian cause.

Meanwhile, online, after a few perfunctory condemnations of Hamas the 'progressive' narrative soon turns to focus on Israel and condemns their response even before they have responded.

High fives all round at Hamas HQ, who says barbaric antisemitic terrorism doesn't pay ....

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It's becoming clearer than ever that Israel is a terrorist state.
Aided and abetted by the States

EU leader speaking about Russia in Ukraine

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
But in an organisation pledged to wipe Israel and the Jews off the planet.... The IDF is there to defend Israel, many if not most IDF people are reservists and most Israelis don't want to wipe out The Palestinians, HAMAS yes.
I don't think there is anyone on NSC who doesn't criticise Hamas, but that doesn't mean that we can't also criticise the authorities of Israel.

If the IDF was solely focused on defence, then why are they bombing Palestinians evacuating through their "safe routes" in Gaza and watching Israeli settlers attack innocent Palestinians in the West Bank, without intervening? However, those I think should hold greatest responsible are the figures at the top.

I understand that some Israelis want peace and co-operation, but there are Palestinians who want that as well, it is just that there are some barriers (e.g. certain people) preventing this from happening.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It is inevitable that the discussion becomes about Israel. This is because noone argues that Hamas are an appealing organisation doing appalling things to Israelis and Palestinians. It's just a none arguement. We all know it and we all condemn their aims, behaviour and existence.

The discussion is about Israel because when they are condemned not everyone agrees. One poster sees it as his mission on here to defend Israel whatever. This kind of blind loyalty is always going to bring discussion. We've seen the circular discussion on here go on for pages and pages.

Even when the conflict is bought down to the oversimplified 'sides' argument there is noone on the side of Hamas, noone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here