Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The point he's making more eloquently than I could is that if the situation were reversed and Palestinian were oppressing Israeli Jews by keeping them in a open prison, controlling their water and electricity, monitoring them, imprisoning for years without trial, killing them and their families over many decades, there would be absolute outrage and horror across Western Media and politicians (and rightly so). 1940s would be invoked. They (western media and politicians) would cheer and fund the resistance (armed or otherwise) to this imposed barbarity.
Yes, I get that, but taken out of context, as one snippet, it's somewhat blunt and far from captures the complexity. For example, how many predominantly jewish countries are there in the world versus other major faiths? That far from excuses the position that Palestinian muslims (and to a degree christians) find themselves in.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
From BBC latest report:

Gaza in 'dire situation', UN warns

Well whose f*cking fault is that? Mother Of Own Goals there Hamas. Nice one! Every single one of your military personnel is a Dead Man Walking. The tragedy is you have the blood of thousands of totally innocent civilians on both sides on your hands. ****s

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
You are very much right to flag up misinformation where you see it - and a video incorrectly purporting to be of this conflict, is very much that.

That said though, over 1400 people have been killed by Israeli airstrikes in Gaza this week - so his point very much stands - irrespective of one particular video.
He said "hit by a phosphorus missile" for a reason. He knew what he was doing

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
To anyone who thinks that Israel should give land to the Palestinian’s - take a look below as to the size of Israel.

The Gaza Strip borders Egypt. Jordan has a sizeable Palestinian population.

Israel is the only westernised, democratic country in the Middle East & the haters in Lebanon, Syria & beyond despise this.

View attachment 167981
Well, exactly

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1697124925873.jpg
    FB_IMG_1697124925873.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 70

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Maybe. It's scarcely important though. If my family home was hit by a missile, wiping out my loved ones (the 1400 dead civilians are all somebody's loved ones, lest that be forgotten) whether the murder weapon was one kind or another probably wouldn't register high on my concerns.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
From BBC latest report:

Gaza in 'dire situation', UN warns

Well whose f*cking fault is that? Mother Of Own Goals there Hamas. Nice one! Every single one of your military personnel is a Dead Man Walking. The tragedy is you have the blood of thousands of totally innocent civilians on both sides on your hands. ****s
I think Israel has blood on it's hands, and the continued land grabbing and displacement of peoples, restrictions on movement etc, etc, etc.
desperate people do desperate things, and are willing to sacrifice themselves in the fight for their freedom and rights, the Jewish people know this all too well.

They are both at fault, Israel has been using the cloak of the Ukraine crisis to increase the blockade around the Gaza strip, increase replacement in pre occupied territory and become more right wing even to the detriment and been unpopular with of its own people.

Both the Government and Hamas want this to play out, it is not about one side and never was.
They both want the destruction of each other.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Maybe. It's scarcely important though. If my family home was hit by a missile, wiping out my loved ones (the 1400 dead civilians are all somebody's loved ones, lest that be forgotten) whether the murder weapon was one kind or another probably wouldn't register high on my concerns.
Phosphorus missiles are illegal. Which is exactly why he said it.
As you well know

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As you well know
Which is why I agreed that you were absolutely RIGHT to call out that element of misinformation (the falsely attributed video).

But honestly, I care very much less about whether the METHODS used to slaughter 1400 innocent people were illegal, and more about the actual slaughter of 1400 innocent people, itself.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think Israel has blood on it's hands, and the continued land grabbing and displacement of peoples, restrictions on movement etc, etc, etc.
desperate people do desperate things, and are willing to sacrifice themselves in the fight for their freedom and rights, the Jewish people know this all too well.

They are both at fault, Israel has been using the cloak of the Ukraine crisis to increase the blockade around the Gaza strip, increase replacement in pre occupied territory and become more right wing even to the detriment and been unpopular with of its own people.

Both the Government and Hamas want this to play out, it is not about one side and never was.
They both want the destruction of each other.
The Israeli government never ever sought the 'destruction' of any of their neighbours. Because they know above any other nation what it feels like to be on the wrong end of that shitty stick. They only ever sought to protect their citizens from ****s lobbing rockets at them

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As you well know
Phosphorus is of course an alkali metal, its reacts with moisture. So if you lands on skin it will just keep burning. Its banned under the Geneva convention for use in populated area. Horrendous weapon

Reactions: A1X

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Israeli government never ever sought the 'destruction' of any of their neighbours. Because they know above any other nation what it feels like to be on the wrong end of that shitty stick. They only ever sought to protect their citizens from ****s lobbing rockets at them
Sorry, you don't protect your citizens by continuing to steal foreign owned land over the course of decades, and breaking international law in the process. You'd need a brain the size of a peanut to fail to see how antagonistic that would be.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Well, exactly
OK, well if you found a size comparison map of the Gaza strip, where 2m plus people have been herded into than I think we could make a different point.

What does it matter how big Africa etc is? The Palestinians in Gaza can't get there (even if we accept the massively dubious assertion that they have zero rights whatsoever to stay in Israel).

And they're Palestinians, not just muslims. That map is like saying, that the whole populace of the could give up the UK and live somewhere else in the Christian world and have no real gripe about it

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yes, I get that, but taken out of context, as one snippet, it's somewhat blunt and far from captures the complexity. For example, how many predominantly jewish countries are there in the world versus other major faiths? That far from excuses the position that Palestinian muslims (and to a degree christians) find themselves in.
Just to clarify because your post doesn’t make it very clear, ‘Jewish’ isn’t a faith - it’s an ethnicity -and in Israel, religiosity is so deeply deeply divided not just between Jews, Christians and Arabs but within Jews too. 40% of Israel’s Jews are secular (ie non-practicing/pay little or no attention to Judaism) -

But expanding the point about religion - In the contested OPT - of Gaza, the West Bank including East Jerusalem - the population is predominantly Palestinian practicing Arab Sunni Muslim (86%) cf 13% Jewish the rest including Palestinian Christians and other ethnic groups.

There is no other Country in the world that has this predominantly Palestinian Sunni population other than the ‘State of Palestine‘ - recognised by 139 of the 193 members of the UN

- so in the interest of balance … if we are talking about using the justification of Jews needing their own Country because no other Country in the World has a predominantly Jewish population then in the Israel/Palestine debate, we should probably also recognise that the Palestinians do too.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ah, yes. It appears that the Israeli authorities can be excused of their actions as they were not the cause of this conflict.
Hamas and the Israeli authorities both share responsibility for the deaths of many innocent civilians, and this has happened for over 50 years, there is no good/evil battle to this, it is simply a tragic event unfolding.
Did you mean to quote somebody else? Because your post has nothing to do with the point I was making :shrug:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
To anyone who thinks that Israel should give land to the Palestinian’s - take a look below as to the size of Israel.

The Gaza Strip borders Egypt. Jordan has a sizeable Palestinian population.

Israel is the only westernised, democratic country in the Middle East & the haters in Lebanon, Syria & beyond despise this.

View attachment 167981
i'm not sure the size of the land in question makes difference whether it should be cleared of one people for the benefit of another people.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I really didn't as unlike others I'm not a shit stirring. My comment was fairly obviously a flippant response to someone badly making a point.

But keep it up starting rows with people as that's been your aim for the last few days

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here