Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nothing on offer at the moment, no,... just more violence in the cause of religion, very primeval if you ask my humble opinion.

The West Bank is certainly more problematic, and this boils down to Jerusalem at the heart of it, no religion wants to give it up... not even under a neutral, international administration mandate, as has been proposed before.
Nothing on offer, ever. When have Palestinians ever had the chance to vote on a properly negotiated peace settlement?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Nothing on offer, ever. When have Palestinians ever had the chance to vote on a properly negotiated peace settlement?
They voted in Hamas..... their representatives ( and PLO) have been present at every negotiation brokered over the last 50 years or so ... each has failed.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Oh come on, do better. There isn't a negotiated peace deal on the table is there FFS? Instead Netanyahu's unchecked right wing loons just continue to steal occupied land in the west bank and nobody in the wider world seems to care.
Actually, Netanyahu isn't that popular in Israel as a person/politician.... his message of security for the citizens of Israel is however.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
It’s interesting to see the double standards in UK media interviews

Anyone who is interviewed who is on the pro-Palestinian side who says “the killing of Palestinian kids is bad” is immediately challenged with “BUT DID YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENED ON SATURDAY?? DO YOU CONDEMN THAT?? WHY SHOULDN’T ISRAEL DEFEND ITSELF??”

However anyone who is interviewed on the pro-Israeli side is never asked about what is happening to the innocent civilians of Gaza, either since Saturday or before it.

The whole thing is a mess but it takes two to tango, last Saturday was not an attack out of the blue on a nation which was committed to peace and harmony.
This is simply not true.
Not at all

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
A bit of history here... Israel was created in 1947... it was created from only 20% of what was formerly British Palestine... the remaining 80% of Palestine was taken on by Jordan as a homeland for those Palestinians who didn't want to remain in Israel... so there you have it, there is plenty of provision for Hamas to take up,... but they don't want peace.
Crucial facts that are generally forgotten ^

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Oh come on, do better. There isn't a negotiated peace deal on the table is there FFS? Instead Netanyahu's unchecked right wing loons just continue to steal occupied land in the west bank and nobody in the wider world seems to care.
There have been multiple peace deals on the table over the years.
Every single time rejected by the Palestinian/Hamas/PLO/Arab side

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Note: you know that there have been ZERO Israeli settlements in Gaza or the Sinai for 20 years... the Gaza conflict is about destroying Israel and killing Jews,.. nothing else.
As @Bozza states "There are two 'sides' here causing insufferable hurt and pain on two groups of innocent civilians. That's it."

Thousands have been seriously injured or killed in Israel and Palestine, it is important to recognise the torture and violence that is happening on both 'sides' and I can supply sources if you believe this is not the case.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
A bit of history here... Israel was created in 1947... it was created from only 20% of what was formerly British Palestine... the remaining 80% of Palestine was taken on by Jordan as a homeland for those Palestinians who didn't want to remain in Israel... so there you have it, there is plenty of provision for Hamas to take up,... but they don't want peace.
so those Palestinians remaining in Gaza (and presumably West Bank) should be removed to Jordon, right?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Actually, Netanyahu isn't that popular in Israel as a person/politician.... his message of security for the citizens of Israel is however.
That's worked

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I disagree, there have been peace deals amongst Israel and Palestine as well as many Israelis and Palestinians who would want peace.
However, there are also hardliners on both "sides" - the Hamas and the Israeli Government - who believe in forcing upon peace through violence and torture as seen in this latest conflict in Gaza.
There are figures who want the expulsion of Palestine and others who want the expulsion of Israel - this is not a one-sided thing.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
As @Bozza states "There are two 'sides' here causing insufferable hurt and pain on two groups of innocent civilians. That's it."

Thousands who have been seriously injured or killed in Israel and Palestine, it is important to recognise the torture and violence that is happening on both 'sides' and I can supply sources if you believe this is not the case.
Let me add something here,... I have no specific allegiance to Israel here, I am simply stating the facts as they exist and are known in our comfy western democracies. On the ground, life must be extremely hard.

I will just say this, neither party is going away, so if you cannot remove from your published policies, the desire to deny and destroy the existence of a UN ratified democratic state, how can you complain when said democratic state does everything in its power to give it's citizens a safe and secure environment to live and work.

I think this is a circular discussion now, it's actually been unusually cordial in its tone, but I shall leave any continuation to others now.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Is it feasible and electorally achievable for Israel to have a more moderate government, or must there always be a Netanyahu'esque leader?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Let me add something here,... I have no specific allegiance to Israel here, I am simply stating the facts as they exist and are known in our comfy western democracies. On the ground, life must be extremely hard.

I will just say this, neither party is going away, so if you cannot remove from your published policies, the desire to deny and destroy the existence of a UN ratified democratic state, how can you complain when said democratic state does everything in its power to give it's citizens a safe and secure environment to live and work.
Are you talking about Israel or Palestine though?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This is simply not true.
Not at all
There are two parts to the post you're responding to. The first relates to current reporting in the UK. The second relates to the longer-term history of the conflict and blockade/occupation.
In terms of the first, it is the case that many Palestinian officials that have been interviewed are initially asked to condemn the mass killing and violence perpetrated by Hamas. I haven't heard similar demands being made to Israelis. You can provide such evidence to support your claim, as you can for the accusations that you've made (at least) twice about Jeremy Bowen.
I'll leave the second, because that's a far more complex issue to address, let alone posit solutions to resolve.

Reactions: A1X

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I said "negotiated" peace deal.

These peace deals have not been negotiated, they have been crumbs from the Israeli table, brokered by Western powers. When the violence ended in Ireland, it wasn't because they accepted a Protestant solution brokered only by a British government.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I disagree, there have been peace deals amongst Israel and Palestine as well as many Israelis and Palestinians who would want peace.
However, there are also hardliners on both "sides" - the Hamas and the Israeli Government - who believe in forcing upon peace through violence and torture as seen in this latest conflict in Gaza.
There are figures who want the expulsion of Palestine and others who want the expulsion of Israel - this is not a one-sided thing.
Disagree as much as you like.
Then go back & check verified facts

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
There seems to be a lot of people who think that Israel should continue to supply the Gaza Strip with power and other essentials? They're at war. Britain didn't trade with Nazi Germany during WW2, and made little or no attempt to protect the German people from the Nazi government. The only answer IMO is that Hamas should be put out of government asap, and only then can serious attempts be made to improve the lot of the Palestinian people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here