Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Oh how I wish there was a better football forum for Brighton and Hove Albion instead of this one, which has now been presented with the perfect storm of a lull in football games and a major terrorist incursion on foreign lands.
Good luck finding a football forum of any club out there that is better than this brilliant collection of diverse, interesting and articulate fans who’s opinions may differ but offer insight, intelligence and in the absolute main, decency and a passion for the greatest football club in the world.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Whilst we are dealing with Hamas - How on the other side do we remove the far right murderous Israeli regime? How do we end the apartheid and terror that Israel has inflicted over decades.

Who would replace Hamas as an accepted Palestinian army? They have a right to defend themselves after all. Or do you expect Palestinians to meekly welcome their oppression, and bombing?

As for the JC report I would wait for independent sources - The JC is less reliable and more sued than the Sun for false reporting.

My bolding.

Shame many of those air strikes have been "targeted" at refugee camps.

Totally agree that Israel should go after the Hamas terrorists but their carpet bombing of refugee camps and other civilian areas suggests that their motive is not to exact revenge on the terrorists but to punish the Palestinan people and take over the Gaza strip.

Just IMHO of course.

carpet bombing? No that's what Britain did to Dresden..... Israel gives notification of where it will attack and tells people to, people often told not to move by hamas. Clearly this is not true everytime but Israel gains nothing from killing civilians.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Fair enough.

It feels like one of those times where the site is running a bit out of control, with people taking the opportunity to take potshots at others here, there and everywhere.

I'm usually pretty thick-skinned on all of this, but do bite sometimes if I feel some criticism is unwarranted.

Apologies for striking out.

I am genuinely interested though - as I'm working on some things in the background - what would your ideal BHAFC site look like? What features would it have?
Mine would be NSC circa 2005. Everyone was a lot less precious and a lot less serious then, it was more fun.

Can that be arranged?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My bolding.

Shame many of those air strikes have been "targeted" at refugee camps.

Totally agree that Israel should go after the Hamas terrorists but their carpet bombing of refugee camps and other civilian areas suggests that their motive is not to exact revenge on the terrorists but to punish the Palestinan people and take over the Gaza strip.

Just IMHO of course.

Well quite although if you listened to and believed the media there is only one evil.

Both parties at this moment could be on trial for war crimes at he Hague.

Braverman didn’t have the balls to ban the Russian flag on our streets, a lesser armed country seems fair game.

The world is insane.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What is it you would be hoping for from this metaphorical Albion site? Genuine question with no malevolent intent lurking behind.
You have very kindly asked the question (unlike others, without malice ) so I will answer , rightly or wrongly .

My lifetime addiction has been the Albion....such a pain at times over the last 59 years I have watched them. I enjoy reading others opinions of the Albion, their thoughs on everything from team selection, results, personalities...the whole thing.

I accept that all forums deviate somewhat from the main subjects, but NSC has expanded so much with our rise up the leagues and national coverage into a forum that allows the extremeties of left and right to prosper.

I find it frustrating...that is all.

Like my addiction for the Albion, once I see a thread on here I always read it. Sometimes I learn from them.....and sometimes I read things that merely represent anarchy. It disappoints me, but I know I wont and can't change it. Like the Albion, it is sometimes a compulsion to respond to what I consider unacceptable.....which as today shows , leads to ( IMHO )unfair bullying by one or two posters.

I don't think this is a "shit site "....just about as far from it I could imagine. But I do wish there was a football forum for Brighton and Hove Albion that was less infiltrated by the extreme left and right of our society....and yet still included the insightful information from many of the posters on here. A forlorn hope obviously. This is the first year I haven't had a Season ticket. It's a long trip at my age to get to the Amex as often as I would like, although I have at least only missed two home games so far this season thanks to my sons generosity with his 1901 tickets.

I value the input, opinions of the Albion posters who keep me up to date on the matches I cannot attend. SOMETIMES.... ( In my opinion...not fact ) this forum is overrun by extreme opinions. I should of course just switch off NSC. I wish I was more disciplined.

Thankyou for your response by the way.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Fair enough.

It feels like one of those times where the site is running a bit out of control, with people taking the opportunity to take potshots at others here, there and everywhere.

I'm usually pretty thick-skinned on all of this, but do bite sometimes if I feel some criticism is unwarranted.

Apologies for striking out.

I am genuinely interested though - as I'm working on some things in the background - what would your ideal BHAFC site look like? What features would it have?
Personally think a sub forum for people wanting tradesman’s help or advice maybe call it The 5 minute job 😄 would be helpful.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Well quite although if you listened to and believed the media there is only one evil.

Both parties at this moment could be on trial for war crimes at he Hague.

Braverman didn’t have the balls to ban the Russian flag on our streets, a lesser armed country seems fair game.

The world is insane.
and Starmer has said on LBC said Israel has the right to enforce a siege on Gaza (would be a war crime).

Both parties are shameful on this issue

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Now they want the Wembley arch lit up in the colours of the Israeli flag. Football should always remain non political in my view.
I think it should be lit up with the Israeli flag, in solidarity with the innocent people brutally murdered at the hands of Hamas

Then it should cycle to the Palestinian flag, in solidarity with those (many more in number) brutally murdered by the Israeli government.

Actually you're right. Football should probably stay out of it

We're going to have minutes silence etc at international games this weekend. How well that will all be observed will be interesting

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
and Starmer has said on LBC said Israel has the right to enforce a siege on Gaza (would be a war crime).

Both parties are shameful on this issue
I didn't listen to this. But again, has Starmer unequivocally endorsed a war crime on national radio, or have you taken something he's said and distorted it? You will forgive my scepticism, but i'm there to be convinced.

Did he support no food, electricity etc, which would be a war crime or did he just say Israel has the right to prevent Hamas fighters leaving Gaza, the rights and wrongs could be debated here, but it's clearly not a war crime.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

abc

Jan 6, 2007
You have very kindly asked the question (unlike others, without malice ) so I will answer , rightly or wrongly .

My lifetime addiction has been the Albion....such a pain at times over the last 59 years I have watched them. I enjoy reading others opinions of the Albion, their thoughs on everything from team selection, results, personalities...the whole thing.

I accept that all forums deviate somewhat from the main subjects, but NSC has expanded so much with our rise up the leagues and national coverage into a forum that allows the extremeties of left and right to prosper.

Like my addiction for the Albion, once I see a thread on here I always read it. Sometimes I learn from them.....and sometimes I read things that merely represent anarchy. It disappoints me, but I know I wont and can't change it. Like the Albion, it is sometimes a compulsion to respond to what I consider unacceptable.....which as today shows , leads to ( IMHO )unfair bullying by one or two posters.

I don't think this is a "shit site "....just about as far from it I could imagine. But I do wish there was a football forum for Brighton and Hove Albion that was less infiltrated by the extreme left and right of our society....and yet still included the insightful information from many of the posters on here. A forlorn hope obviously. This is the first year I haven't had a Season ticket. It's a long trip at my age to get to the Amex as often as I would like, although I have at least only missed two home games so far this season thanks to my sons generosity with his 1901 tickets.

I value the input, opinions of the Albion posters who keep me up to date on the matches I cannot attend. SOMETIMES.... ( In my opinion...not fact ) this forum is overrun by extreme opinions. I should of course just switch off NSC. I wish I was more disciplined.

In fairness, a perfectly reasonable argument that I suspect many would agree with. Other football sites deal with this by making the main forum ‘football related only’.
Regardless, massive appreciation to Bozza for having the site available to us at all

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
In fairness, a perfectly reasonable argument that I suspect many would agree with. Other football sites deal with this by making the main forum ‘football related only’.
Regardless, massive appreciation to Bozza for having the site available to us at all
But you can have that, you just filter football only posts. Rather than posting weird stuff on an unrelated thread

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If you are trying to mitigate the causes of the Israeli responses by claiming Hamas didn't realise this would happen, I suggest you give your head a wobble....

I have no idea what that means and my head’s on fine thanks 🙂

Of course they’d know the response would be severe but a suicide mission? Loosing their rule in Gaza? - They have put themselves in jeopardy more than any time in their history but it remains to be seen whether Israel wants to change the situation in Gaza from what it was before 10/7 - She does not want to re-occupy Gaza which would be the only way of kicking Hamas out and will be very costly in human lives - Abbas/the PA will also be concerned about Hamas’s boost to it’s popularity and increasing violence in the West Bank so we shall see.

Edit - Sky news saying much the same thing - the agenda is to replace Hamas and troops into Gaza looking increasingly likely - 2014 wasn’t on this scale of this is a response

Where will 2m people go in the event of a ground incursion?
IMG_0673.jpeg

Last edited:

borat

Jul 16, 2003
I didn't listen to this. But again, has Starmer unequivocally endorsed a war crime on national radio, or have you taken something he's said and distorted it? You will forgive my scepticism, but i'm there to be convinced.

Did he support no food, electricity etc, which would be a war crime or did he just say Israel has the right to prevent Hamas fighters leaving Gaza, the rights and wrongs could be debated here, but it's clearly not a war crime.

He adds "within the context of international law" but says Israel "does have that right" to the question about withholding.

Interesting to learn how a siege that withholds electricity and water from a captive population would work without breaking international law. The broader point is he is so keen not to provide any balance or context to the situation and show

It wouldn't be new for Israel to be breaking international law. It doesn't seem to apply in their case.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
But you can have that, you just filter football only posts. Rather than posting weird stuff on an unrelated thread
But can u gave that as a default setting? Isn’t it currently where u have to click something each time you come to the site ..if u get what I mean?

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds

I say this as a somewhat random, non-Brighton supporting member of NSC, but I think that mixing football talk with all topics of daily life, some important, some trivial, is this forum’s greatest strength.

Keeping everything together in one place keeps topics fresh and engaged with, something that in my experience gets lost when you fragment forums into football and non-football sections. Inevitably, some of the topics that then arise will be emotionally intense and divisive, and with any cross-section of society you will find the occasional views of the left and right amidst the more balanced views of those in the centre.

To that end, when you make it harder to access or give less prominence to divisive subject matters, such as this, inevitably it is those with the most extreme views, that feel most motivated to comment that will do so. If anything, you lose balance that way.

It’s a shame when sensible commentary and debate descends into bitterness and tit for tat vitriol, but it’s sadly ironic that this is pretty much the essence of the topic being discussed in this thread.

If you changed the fundamental fabric of NSC, I think you’d be surprised at what you’d lose.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

He adds "within the context of international law" but says Israel "does have that right" to the question about withholding.

Interesting to learn how a siege that withholds electricity and water from a captive population would work without breaking international law. The broader point is he is so keen not to provide any balance or context to the situation and show

It wouldn't be new for Israel to be breaking international law. It doesn't seem to apply in their case.

OK, but you didn't say this in your original post.

You said that he was advocating breaking international law.

I doubt your and my sympathies are much different, but you're continually putting partial and misleading information on the internet. Here you're getting picked up, by in other places you won't and there we go down that path of different sections of society totally believing different things. Surely this is the root cause of this and so many of the problems we face in the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here