Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So was 'Judaism' a typo and you meant to say 'Rachel Riley is trying to control the media?'
If I said that Christianity was trying to control the media, would that make me anti Christian?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What? How do you read that and conclude Amnesty are Putin's puppets?
I think to describe them as Putin’s puppets is a bit of an exaggeration. Their stance on Russia-Ukraine is pretty clear.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If you are unsure of the difference, Google is your friend here.
From the International Holocaust Rememberence Alliance the following statement

“Antisemitism is a certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jews. Rhetorical and physical manifestations of antisemitism are directed toward Jewish or non-Jewish individuals and/or their property, toward Jewish community institutions and religious facilities.”

Well, I certainly do not hate Jews. A perception? Probably. Like I have a perception of Aussies, of Poms, of football fans, of politicians, of motorcyclists. Does that make me anti any of these groups?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Chances of this thread reaching a happy conclusion.

0%

Number of dead children

More than 1

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Just coming through on news channels here that over 250 bodies of civilians have been found at the music festival attacked by the Palestinians.

CIVILIANS

Other actions seen over the last couple of days were inexcusable, but the slaughter of unarmed civvies at close range is barbarity. Moral high ground lost.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
When you look at the map of the middle east, Israel is a small country surrounded by Islamic nations. I know that the illegal taking of Palestinian lands have caused this awful attack and the conditions of Gaza are bad as well. Where do yo go historicly though. My catholic upbringing was that Jesus was a jew and later the Romans destroyed the Jewish state.
Maybe an unpopular view, that the many muslim people might want to move not far from close to Israel, or be like Beram Kyal who is a muslim but is friends with Tomer Hamed and has happily played for his national country. Israel

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just coming through on news channels here that over 250 bodies of civilians have been found at the music festival attacked by the Palestinians.

CIVILIANS

Other actions seen over the last couple of days were inexcusable, but the slaughter of unarmed civvies at close range is barbarity. Moral high ground lost.
when the retaliation does 10x in Gaza, same should be said, somehow it'll be accepted.
think the fact its come to this is a complete failure on all sides, and especially the UN. how have they not managed some mutual recognition and security of both Palestine and Israel in over 50 years?

CIVILIANS

Agree. Filthy scum, hope they get bombed to f*** for that. But then again, I sit here thinking, christ, I hate war. What pointless crap, all thanks to religion.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

CIVILIANS

I dispair at times. My uncle was killed by the PLO in 1974 by a hand grenade chucked at him and his table in a restaurant. He was with an Israeli Government Minister. It appears we're going back rapidly to the 70s

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

CIVILIANS

The moral high ground in this conflict was lost a long time ago.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
From the International Holocaust Rememberence Alliance the following statement

“Antisemitism is a certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jews. Rhetorical and physical manifestations of antisemitism are directed toward Jewish or non-Jewish individuals and/or their property, toward Jewish community institutions and religious facilities.”

Well, I certainly do not hate Jews. A perception? Probably. Like I have a perception of Aussies, of Poms, of football fans, of politicians, of motorcyclists. Does that make me anti any of these groups?

Try googling ' why the Jewish control of the media trope is antisemetic'.

I can't believe that I really need to walk you through the door to this extent.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hamas will have known that by unleashing this horrific attack on Israel, they would be inflicting a terrible and immediate bloodbath of vengeance upon their own people in Gaza. I don't really understand what it is they (Hamas) were hoping to achieve by this. They've taken hundreds of hostages - is this with a view to using them as bargaining chips to get some of their own prisoners released ? If so, what a monumental, catastrophic price to pay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here