Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
She might have an opinion, I just wouldn’t choose to seek it out or listen to. She’s no credibility in that sense. (1) And there would be hundreds of others I’d listen to before. In doesn’t cross my mind to listen to musicians opinion on current affairs. They’re typically not impartial and certainly not subject matter experts. (2)
(1) You can't make a conclusion of someone's opinion if you haven't listened to their opinion and instead base it upon their age or occupation, that is called prejudice.
(2) You do you, I consider everyone to have a voice no matter their background, that is why I'm engaging in conversation about the conflict here to NSC. It is understandable that you want to listen to subject matter experts, if you are looking at both viewpoints, but some people might want to listen to Taylor Swift's view - she is another human just like us and she may have some points that might be useful or not.

Are you a troll?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
sometimes it is useful to try to understand why things happen. Not just condemn all the things you don't like and refuse to look at things from other perspectives.

I spent three months in a small conservative muslim village at the west bank. Playing football with the kids in the streets, observing how israeli settlements affected the daily life in Palestine, observing peaceful demonstrations against the occupation, protesting the wall, and how Israel steal land to build illegal settlements in the west bank, experienced how it is to get water once a week, how kids were arrested in random night raids, how it is to be teargassed. I drank tea with the youth every night, talking about dreams for the future. I tried to get a taste of how it is to live life as a palestinian, and they longed for the freedom we have here.

Ofcourse, as I have a norwegian passport and could leave any time, I never really got to experience their frustrations and how their lives are. But I think I got a glimpse of it, and I learned a lot. Not just about Palestine, but life in general.

If they wanted actual freedom they'd stop believing in that backwards ideology that dictates all their lives.

knekkebrød

May 20, 2018
Norway
If they wanted actual freedom they'd stop believing in that backwards ideology that dictates all their lives.
I don't know how to answer this. Palestinians have diverse opinions just like you and me. One of the things they were the most curious about was, as you might imagine, everything related to our sexual freedom. "How many girls have you slept with?" and so on =D Boys will be boys, I guess, and they envied our sexual freedom. Also with a tiny bit of "fear". Sexual freedom was one of the most important reasons for young palestinian men to get a car. To get privacy for dating, even if dating was not accepted. You know to live on the edge, just a different edge than you and me.

And despite the fact that they could get alcohol in the neighbouring village they had strange ideas about the harms of alcohol. Some did drink, despite beeing muslims, but kept that a secret from the rest of the village. One of my closest friends back then had "Carlsberg" on the back of his shirt. As some kind of protest I think. These kids also "jumped the wall", to work illegally inside Israel, painting houses and other practical tasks. Black money to buy iphones.

Don't know why I tell you this, not what you asked for. Anyways, take care. Game is on in a few mins =)

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Being kicked out of their homes and harassed daily - which side are we talking about here?

Israel's neighbours are not peaceful towards them and it was their aggression that lead to the 6 day war. They also state that Israel has no right to exist and it is their aim to remove Israel. I am against Israel occupying Palestinian land, but it's wrong to suggest that only Israel are to blame for the overall conflicts in the region.
Israeli settlers are displacing Palestinians from their homes. This isn't even disputed
The document is an opinion, IMO the word is used emotionally to stir a reaction rather than a statement of fact e.g. Beram Kayal would not have got where he was if it was an apartheid state. What I do agree with is that there is increasing polarisation between the communities partly due to Israeli expansion of Jewish areas within Israel and Iran stoking the fire. One is under Israel's control to stop the other is not.
Btselem, Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International all agree Israel is conducting apartheid against the Palestinians

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Israeli settlers are displacing Palestinians from their homes. This isn't even disputed

Btselem, Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International all agree Israel is conducting apartheid against the Palestinians
Amnesty International doesn’t believe Hamas is a terrorist organisation…as they carted elderly and children off into captivity and danced on stripped naked women’s body…

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Let’s not pretend Taylor Swift knows Jack about the ME next to Jeremy Bowen. You need to come up with something better than that. If your life is dedicated to making music, I very much doubt you’ve done much reading or listening about such a complex matter as the ME. Which You’d need to. She probably knows less than you. Probably…
This brings back memories of people telling Tom Morello he shouldn't have an opinion on politics because he's a musician.

Tom Morello is an honors grad from Harvard in Political Science.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This brings back memories of people telling Tom Morello he shouldn't have an opinion on politics because he's a musician.

Tom Morello is an honors grad from Harvard in Political Science.
That has absolutely nothing, nothing, to do with my argument on here. If it does bring back such memories for you, I hope they’re happy ones for you and Tom. Anyway, back to the ME…

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
That has absolutely nothing, nothing, to do with my argument on here. If it does bring back such memories for you, I hope they’re happy ones for you and Tom. Anyway, back to the ME…
You don't see how people dismissing someone's opinion on complex political issues just because of their profession would relate to...

You dismissing someone's opinion on a complex political issue just because of their occupation...

The mind boggles.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You don't see how people dismissing someone's opinion on complex political issues just because of their profession would relate to...

You dismissing someone's opinion on a complex political issue just because of their occupation...

The mind boggles.
Your mind certainly does. It’s positively melting as you’re showing. Randomly citing someone who’s a musician with a political degree as evidence every other would equally be as informed.

Anyway, you’ve made racist comments elsewhere so you’ve lost all credibility in my book and I choose not to engage with you further as is my right.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So you didn't have a problem with @Tyrone Biggums criticising the Islamic faith but a tongue in cheek riposte gets your hackles up? Interesting.
Haven’t read that comment and is it a cheeky riposte? Nice spin btw…

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Amnesty is under new management now. It's Putin's plaything
Back in the day when I was an active member it was a force for good. It has become like everything highly politicised these days. See NT, see everything seemingly.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Your mind certainly does. It’s positively melting as you’re showing. Randomly citing someone who’s a musician with a political degree as evidence every other would equally be as informed.

Anyway, you’ve made racist comments elsewhere so you’ve lost all credibility in my book and I choose not to engage with you further as is my right.
No, you're simply dismissing someone based on their profession without knowing a thing about how educated they are on the topic. I'm not saying every musician is that educated, but you can't simply say that all musicians are uneducated, as I have shown.

You keep resorting to personal insults, almost as if you don't actually have anything relevant to say to refute points.

What racist comments have I made?

1. Christianity isn't a race.
2. I said nothing against Christians, if what I replied was against Christians then surely you should be attacking the poster I replied to for their comment no? All I said was that Christians across history have acted much the same as the Muslim religion, something that is true.

Maybe pull your head out your arse.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Didn't realise they were Christians?

Mainstream Christianity doesn't have anywhere near as many moronic teachings in its ideologies as Islam does.

None that are used to call for people's deaths because people dare to call it out or it goes against it's ramblings of a mental prophet.

Are you really going to claim in 2023 that Lutherans are on the same level as Islam?

Christianity is also decreasing in numbers, unlike Islam.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here