[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Stolen land ! It was land originally in Syria . Obviously Israel are not going to give it back Firstly they were the ones attacked and secondly they have to keep a close eye on it for security purposes. If Palestinians had planes etc they would be all over Israel trying to destroy it. Are you purposefully making ridiculous comments ..

Yes Bibi is quite wing but no sensible govt would hand strategic land back to a people governed by terrorises groups . It’s laughable you think that’s the answer.
I’m no expert, and you’re clearly not, because it’s a little more complicated than the take you’ve gleaned from whichever sources. Start with Robert Fisk’s “History of Civilsation”, a good balanced account from an excellent journalist whose spent a lifetime working and reporting from the ME - albeit everyone has bias obviously. He at least strives for truth, just like Jeremy Bowen who we should also be incredibly grateful to for the decades he’s spent in such a dangerous unstable region bringing us the news.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I’m no expert, and you’re clearly not, because it’s a little more complicated than the take you’ve gleaned from whichever sources. Start with Robert Fisk’s “History of Civilsation”, a good balanced account from an excellent journalist whose spent a lifetime working and reporting from the ME - albeit everyone has bias obviously. He at least strives for truth, just like Jeremy Bowen who we should also be incredibly grateful to for the decades he’s spent in such a dangerous unstable region bringing us the news.
Robert Fisk is a well known hater of Israel - if you are quoting him as a balanced view

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I thought we'd moved to a more nuanced position on the Israel Palestine conflict? There is a war going on, both sides regularly conduct incursions, fire weapons and kidnap members of the other side. Interesting we're still referring to one side in the conflict as terrorists, and saying that one side can defend its territory but not affording the other the same right. It doesn't seem a true reflection of the reality.
We can probably thank President Trump and Netanyahu’s ‘Peace Plan’ in 2020 that soured much of the ground that had been made toward a two state solution (which long term is realistically the only way forward) and the historical progress that had been made with the Camp David Accords, Oslo Accords and 1994 Peace Plan - all of which had featured a roadmap to recognising a Palestinian State which Trump’s plan did not.

In 2020, in a widely condemned move Trump also moved the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem thereby formally recognising that deeply contested city, to be the capital of the State of Israel …

For those not understanding why Trump and Netanyahu’s plan to Annex a further 30% of the occupied territories and make Jerusalem the capital of the Jewish State and why that matters to the Palestinian people will find this a balanced, an enlightening and easily digestible read:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Robert Fisk is a well known hater of Israel - if you are quoting him as a balanced view then you are clearly deluded .
Don’t be ridiculous. But moreover it’s a history spanning thousands of years, not just the last 70 odd, involving dozens of factions. A decent effort at trying to explain what is all too easy to view in black and white terms.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Robert Fisk is a well known hater of Israel - if you are quoting him as a balanced view then you are clearly deluded .

The posters on here are trying to have a well informed, factual discussion around a very complex subject. If you cannot contribute to this thread without insults, then could I suggest you desist from posting on this thread. Thank You.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The posters on here are trying to have a well informed, factual discussion around a very complex subject. If you cannot contribute to this thread without insults, then could I suggest you desist from posting on this thread. Thank You.
I’m not insulting anyone . I find it ridiculous that some people on here are quoting sources that are well known to be heavily biased and quote it as facts .

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I’m not insulting anyone . I find it ridiculous that some people on here are quoting sources that are well known to be heavily biased and quote it as facts .

My mistake
You sound like a terrorist sympathiser
Another ignorant stupid comment .
Are you purposefully making ridiculous comments ..

It’s laughable you think that’s the answer.
then you are clearly deluded .

???

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Russia calling for restraint :ohmy:

- they can whistle in the wind, the moment Russia invaded it’s peaceful neighbour and continues to promote a campaign of ethnic cleansing and attempts to destroy the independence of a peaceful European Country, it lost all credibility on world stage to ‘call’ for anything …

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Just want to add, actually it’s not that complicated. It’s a war waged by Islamic extremists who want to destroy Israel. As it’s the only country in the Middle East that isn’t Islamic .

It’s easy to feel sorry for the Palestinians regarding their day to day living situation with restrictions etc but if they would show they can live peacefully and not vote in a terrorist organisation to represent them , the western world would be a lot more sympathetic.

Shooting elderly women , young children at random , and jumping around celebrating their deaths is the behaviour of a society that doesn’t have any morals or code of conduct and that’s the problem because that is what Israel has to deal with ,

I don’t support Israel because I have a lot of Jewish friends , I support them because it is a battle between ideologies and the Ideology behind the Palestinians is not one I would ever share in a million years . Evil will never win.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Robert Fisk is a well known hater of Israel - if you are quoting him as a balanced view
Fisk was critical of both Israel and the USA as well as Western policy in general. He was also educated and on the ground.

There are a lot of journalists who are heavily critical of Russia and China but from knowledgeable backgrounds. Are they not worth reading either?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports