[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let's allow the Israeli defence minister to field this:

"I have ordered a complete siege on the Gaza Strip. There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed. We are fighting human animals and we will act accordingly." Yoav Gallant
You have to hand it Bibi and his gang. They get elected by being the 'say no to Palestine' party. Then, guess what, like the lazy self-absorbed fuckers they are, they fail to notice that Hezbollah are planning a outrage. Then, after that, they go into full smiting mode. Reminds me of Thatcher and the Falklands (Thatcher was warned what the Argies were up to; we shall never know whether Mossad had warned Bibi to sort himself out).

Lazy, vindictive and racist.

No intention of securing a lasting peace with the Palestinians whatsoever. I appreciate they are not the easiest to negotiate with, but still.

If Shimon Peres and Yitzhak Rabin were alive today, they'd turn in their graves.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Tend to agree but how would you describe people who slaughtered 100s of non combatants and took great pleasure in parading dead bodies as trophies.
I'd suggest they were of same mind but different theology. Hamas sees Israelis as 'non-human' and the Israeli Defence Minister sees Gaza residents as 'non-humans'.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thanks - I understand that but it being pasted as it was with no links or quotation marks, hot on the heals of the same poster accusing me of anti-semitism (for arguing human rights of Palestinians and Israeli alike should be respected) and accusing me of being an ‘apologist’ and ‘supporter of terrorism’, even questioning the existence of my own Jewish identity and basically not ‘giving a sh+t‘ that Israeli’s are dying ….

Well forgive me for being a little triggered when it seemed apparent to me, in the context of some of the above exchanges the motive of posting it was to be deliberately provocative and not to inform people of the news -I apologise if it was a genuine effort to contribute towards a sensible debate.
Trust me, you’re one of the most sensible on the thread :thumbsup:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The Hamas attacks upon civilians in Israel is an act of terror and Israel has the right under international law to defend it’s self however these indiscriminate revenge attacks upon the Palestinian civilians will only perpetuate this never ending conflict.
Unless the peoples of the nations backing both sides cannot see that they are fighting a proxy war and apply political pressure to their governments to bring both sides together and sort this out it will never end

Now my solution is simplistic and will never happen but with the promise that if no resolution is found that seeks to ensure one state were all peoples have equality with a government is secular and represents all its people.

Now this is the slightly controversial bit failure to achieve this will result in the temple on the rock being raised to the ground and turned into a car park followed one by one of all the religious sites in Jerusalem until these idiots in charge come to their senses

Last edited:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
They’ve turned off the water as well.

It’s going to be tens of thousands dead I fear? It seems that they are intent on replicating the horrific evil that has just been bestowed upon them in their revenge.

This is not going to end well at all. I think the world could be on the edge of a linked up global conflict. Next up, Serbia/Bosnia.
I think there will probably be reserves of water and food etc stocked in the supermarkets and shops . How long they would last I don’t know .

Egypt also supplies energy I believe to Gaza

I don’t believe that the IDF are indiscriminately firing missiles into the Gaza Strip , they are targeting Hamas infer structure, they don’t I believe have any desire to target ordinary civilians.

Clearly in a crowded place like Gaza , that’s difficult Especially when militants are mixing in with civilians .

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Are Hamas, hidden amongst innocent civilians, supported by any of those they hide amongst? Or do they rule like a mafia, all the Palestinians too afraid to speak out?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Are Hamas, hidden amongst innocent civilians, supported by any of those they hide amongst? Or do they rule like a mafia, all the Palestinians too afraid to speak out?
Your question reminds of the days of the IRA, when they were setting of IED's in London.
Scary stuff, if you've been near it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think there will probably be reserves of water and food etc stocked in the supermarkets and shops . How long they would last I don’t know .

I don’t believe that the IDF are indiscriminately firing missiles into the Gaza Strip , they are targeting Hamas infer structure, they don’t I believe have any desire to target ordinary civilians.

Clearly in a crowded place like Gaza , that’s difficult Especially when militants are mixing in with civilians .
Interesting from the IDF Video above.

They have told civilians to get out of areas of Gaza. IDF clearly state that it is their own fault if they are killed, but where do they go? It’s also interesting that they are no longer warning residential communities that they are about to bomb them. They might not be directly targeting civilians but they seem to have no concern how many they kill.

I get that they are targeting Hamas but they are doing it totally indiscriminately. The hit on a Palestinian market killing 60+ mostly women, children and elderly is testament to that.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Oh that’s okay then.

Starving 2.5 million innocent people of food, water, medicine and electricity is no biggie, if it’s only for a few days.

it’s almost as though the Israeli government have a policy designed to push desperate people into the arms of Hamas. It’s absolutely baffling.
And that's been going on for nearly 30 years now. Which is about when the international solution was taken off the agenda.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
don’t believe that the IDF are indiscriminately firing missiles into the Gaza Strip , they are targeting Hamas infer structure, they don’t I believe have any desire to target ordinary civilians.
It’s impossible to avoid ‘collateral damage’ (a euphemism for dead civilians) in a densely populated city so the number of Palestinian civilians (including kids) that will become collateral damage will be very high - I fail also to see how deliberately flattening mosques is ‘targeting Hamas infrastructure’ - that looks more like targeting Islam to me, notwithstanding terrorist operators will obviously be using Mosques as places of worship and communicating with each other.

Withdrawing ’Water’ and ‘electricity’ isn’t just targeting Hamas infrastructure (ie weapons stores, offices etc) but Gaza as whole.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
All kicking off on Kensington High Street now, plenty of anti semitism abound. This is all very, very sad and very depressing.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Dont be obtuse - Posting in in big bold letters to support your own one-sided view of the issues was the problem not the content

I honestly don’t know what to say to that outrageous accusation and as a Jewish person with relatives living in Israel, deeply disturbed that you would think that.

Again, stop conflating being a Palestinian with being a terrorist and you repeatedly doing so to inflame your NCS/online ‘audience’ is islamophobic and dog whistling but also very dangerous in these really very very difficult times - if you think racial tensions are not on knife edge in the UK and around the world because of this conflict, you are wrong and your language and attitude is adding to it.

Not all those that support Brighton & Hove Albion and therefore follow (but maybe don’t contribute) to NSC are white, Christian/secular, men - it would serve us well to remember that when having this debate or any other on issues surrounding religion/cultural practices.

Calling me a terrorist sympathiser couldnt be more from the truth ☹️
Your posts on here are well informed logical and balanced. I for one thank for your the information and insight you have shared.

Let's just say this is in stark contrast to other posters' contributions.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
All kicking off on Kensington High Street now, plenty of anti semitism abound. This is all very, very sad and very depressing.
Anti Israel you mean.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020

Israel have already targeted tower blocks in Gaza and in the rubble you could see the tanks that people use to store water on top of buildings, so they've also hit the reserves of water.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
You have to hand it Bibi and his gang. They get elected by being the 'say no to Palestine' party. Then, guess what, like the lazy self-absorbed fuckers they are, they fail to notice that Hezbollah are planning a outrage. Then, after that, they go into full smiting mode. Reminds me of Thatcher and the Falklands (Thatcher was warned what the Argies were up to; we shall never know whether Mossad had warned Bibi to sort himself out).

Lazy, vindictive and racist.

No intention of securing a lasting peace with the Palestinians whatsoever. I appreciate they are not the easiest to negotiate with, but still.

If Shimon Peres and Yitzhak Rabin were alive today, they'd turn in their graves.
"Not the easiest to negotiate with".
Have you watched the last few days' slaughter?..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports