Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Halloween

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
When you were in your 30s? :wink::smile:
Only as a chaperone to my kids unfortunately.
Still enjoyable though, seeing them all excited and trying to be scary. Happy memories. Some miserable sods on here though.:lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Only as a chaperone to my kids unfortunately.
Still enjoyable though, seeing them all excited and trying to be scary. Happy memories. Some miserable sods on here though.:lolol:

I don’t remember anyone doing trick or treating or celebrating Halloween when I was a kid, we did Penny for the Guy.
We didn’t actually have a Guy, we dressed up our small mate. :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And no doubt as all public displays of fireworks have been cancelled this year the parasites at the supermarket will help people have large gatherings at home by selling fireworks, probably more in stock this year too!

The government should ban the sales of fireworks this year

Ah, but that will destroy the economy ! A young lad i work with told me he had got some extra work selling fireworks in a supermarket and the hours are 11-5 and he's getting paid £12.50 an hour !

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
We seem to have this conversation every year on NSC!

We used to do Trick or Treat in the satanic suburbs of downtown Haywards Heath in the mid seventies, it was as British as we were & had always happened as far as we were concerned.

I think my mum just used to love making costumes.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I don’t remember anyone doing trick or treating or celebrating Halloween when I was a kid, we did Penny for the Guy.
We didn’t actually have a Guy, we dressed up our small mate. :lolol:

We were allowed to stay up late, had friends round or went to friends houses. Told ghost stories, generally trying to freak the shit out of each other. Dont remember ever getting anything for our Guy

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
We were allowed to stay up late, had friends round or went to friends houses. Told ghost stories, generally trying to freak the shit out of each other. Dont remember ever getting anything for our Guy

We sat our dressed up mate ( Guy ) at London Road station, he was wearing an old coat, and we tucked his jeans in his socks. Im not sure where it came from or who actually owned it but our Guy also wore a WW2 gas mask :lolol:
This was many years after the war.
All was going well one day and we had a fair few pennies, until some bloke told us our Guy was real, we all protested that he wasn’t, this bloke was having none of it and kicked our Guy’s leg, he wasn’t best pleased at being kicked and jumped up and had a go at this bloke. :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We seem to have this conversation every year on NSC!

We used to do Trick or Treat in the satanic suburbs of downtown Haywards Heath in the mid seventies, it was as British as we were & had always happened as far as we were concerned.

I think my mum just used to love making costumes.

Crodo has form for fishing. These threads are always started by him.

The only thing I remember about Halloween was apple bobbing, either hanging from a string or floating in water. Invariaby someone had their head pushed under whilst trying to bite the apple.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
All the Halloween tat has been in the stores in America for weeks - mainly bags of 'candy', no wonder all the kids are little porkers

We might moan but Tesco was full of Christmas chocolate when I visited yesterday. At least Halloween is this month.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
This normally does the trick

Jimmy Savile halloween.jpeg.jpg

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Halloween banned in Wales.

:nono:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I have 3 kids all born after 1994, of course I went begging oops I mean trick or treating, still hate it!

It's not begging it's demanding goods with menaces.

Like other Americanisations of British Culture it should be deported back to America and banned from the UK.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Well, I've recorded a podcast about ghosts and the like in ancient Greece and Rome which I'll be releasing. I also carve pumpkins in the fashion of Greek Vases, still need to work out the design for this year.

It takes all types I suppose..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here