Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Halloween

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I find Halloween a bit strange. I'm 39 years old and don't remember ever doing anything for Halloween when i was young. Where has it come from?

It started after the film ET became popular and kids wanted to copy what they’d seen. Manufacturers cottoned on and made it more and more commercial.

All Hallows’ Eve, and I shall be looking forward to the next day All Saints Day.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Hardly a big day is it

Baloney

After Christmas I'd say it's one of the biggest festivals of the year, probably bigger than Easter now.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
trumpkin.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It started after the film ET became popular and kids wanted to copy what they’d seen. Manufacturers cottoned on and made it more and more commercial.

All Hallows’ Eve, and I shall be looking forward to the next day All Saints Day.

Have they re-formed ?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
It should effectively be cancelled due to you know what, however, supermarkets have invested heavily in toxic sweets and plastic costumes so its full speed ahead.

All for the good of the economy of course. Plus we all know Covid stops temporarily for Halloween just like the Christmas cease fire in WWI.

Jul 7, 2003
Never was when I was a child. About time we made Nov 5th special again, not this idiot date, but the problem being is the American influence and the CJTCs that want to ban fireworks.

I don't think it is that people want Nov 5th Fireworks banned - it is when they start in mid-October and go on for four weeks.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Why do people love to get upset about Halloween? Round our way it's pretty well known that if you put decorations out you're participating and kids can trick or treat at your house. If you dont't have a pumpkin out, then you're left alone. Do you all live in areas that have been too stupid to work this out?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Why do people love to get upset about Halloween? Round our way it's pretty well known that if you put decorations out you're participating and kids can trick or treat at your house. If you dont't have a pumpkin out, then you're left alone. Do you all live in areas that have been too stupid to work this out?

Or where kids need drumsticks or fruit salads that much they ignore the signs then luzz eggs at your car?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Kids look forward to begging strangers for sweets? OK.
Its probably a bit different where I live to be fair, in small rural villages we all tend to know each other so aren’t strangers. Yes the kids really look forward to it.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'm in my early fifties and I always went trick or treating with my mates. We absolutely loved it. I'm surprised how many younger people on here never partook. I've got four kids and they all really enjoy it too, although I never let them go unsupervised as I did. Begging? People need to chill out, it's just kids having fun. I love to see them enjoying themselves and they're welcome to my door.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I am hosting a Halloween Quiz night at our local.
Fancy dress optional, emphasis on fun and questions not that hard, some games and prizes included.
Usually a good irreverant laugh and my wages is a bar tab..........hic !

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It should effectively be cancelled due to you know what, however, supermarkets have invested heavily in toxic sweets and plastic costumes so its full speed ahead.

And no doubt as all public displays of fireworks have been cancelled this year the parasites at the supermarket will help people have large gatherings at home by selling fireworks, probably more in stock this year too!

The government should ban the sales of fireworks this year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here