Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Halfords long throw,has PULIS secretly already taken over

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Long throw ins and lumping the ball up to Halford as a makeshift centre forward showed how tinpot and desperate we have become. It's hard to believe this is the same club that was getting plaudits for its progressive style of football less than 12 months ago

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Long throw ins and lumping the ball up to Halford as a makeshift centre forward showed how tinpot and desperate we have become. It's hard to believe this is the same club that was getting plaudits for its progressive style of football less than 12 months ago
Precious C@nts like this are the problem. It's a results business.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
The only thing that's taken over is desperation in the complete absence of any viable alternatives I think you'll find.

Mind you, it was quite funny seeing those long throws today. Felt a bit like gallows humour to me.

If we have a way of getting good crosses into the box then why not a throw in? Most throws to a player close by ends up being a waste of time.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Seeing as you can't be off side from throw ins, it's always surprised me that with a bit of practice on the training ground, they could be far more effectively used.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can't understand some of the 'purists' comments on here. I very much doubt they have a problem with launching a corner into the penalty area so can they explain why they are against a throw in. As for Wenger's comments in the DM article, what utter tosh. Saying that Stoke have an advantage that is not normally an advantage is disingenuous. Arsenal had an advantage over many teams when they had Henry playing for them. Man Utd have an advantage in finance that many clubs do not have. You take advantage of whatever skills you have at your disposal. Not to do so would be foolish.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
A lot of Southampton fans had a problem with Delap doing the same. Personally I think it is a nice option to have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here