Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Halfords long throw,has PULIS secretly already taken over

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I don't see the problem with long throws. It's the same concept as a corner. I doubt anyone gets the hump about us banging into the box (or attempting to) from a corner rather than playing it short and then failing to carve open the defence and walk it into the goal.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Ah some top quality rosy spec wearing.

Neverbuyabikefromhim carved open Reading more times yesterday, with his long throws, than the odd occasion we were treated to a Vicente masterclass.
Neverbuyabikefromhim has already created the same amount of goals as Vicente.

We all loved Vicente, we all went weak at the knee v Derby, but for whatever reason barring the odd cameo (the like of which we've never seen before and are unlikely to ever see again) he wasn't very good for the Albion.

Vicente v Neverbuyabikefromhim is a non contest, but at the end of the day, we're a Tesco's team who once bought something out of date from Harrods.

Come on be serious

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Be careful what you wish for....

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Ah some top quality rosy spec wearing.

Neverbuyabikefromhim carved open Reading more times yesterday, with his long throws, than the odd occasion we were treated to a Vicente masterclass.
Neverbuyabikefromhim has already created the same amount of goals as Vicente.

We all loved Vicente, we all went weak at the knee v Derby, but for whatever reason barring the odd cameo (the like of which we've never seen before and are unlikely to ever see again) he wasn't very good for the Albion.

Vicente v Neverbuyabikefromhim is a non contest, but at the end of the day, we're a Tesco's team who once bought something out of date from Harrods.

And you think CMS as an adequate first touch! You are giving Ben's Grandad a run for his money in the 'I know shit all about football stakes'.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Then slinging him upfront. Desperate stuff and not what I want to pay money to watch.

You weren't happy the last time we switched a centre half up front then, aka Virgo. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I don't see the problem with long throws. It's the same concept as a corner. I doubt anyone gets the hump about us banging into the box (or attempting to) from a corner rather than playing it short and then failing to carve open the defence and walk it into the goal.

Exactly. If every team had one player that could deliver the ball into the box from a throw then they would use it. It's not the same as a long ball game when the defence and goalie just launch the ball forward at every opportunity. Pulis got a reputation for it just because he happened to have one player that could deliver the ball that way. Did they do it when Delap wasn't in the team?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
At this point, which, in case you've forgotten, is 23rd in the table, I will take Halford's long throws, hoofball, scrambles and desperate tactical choices if they keep us in the Championship.

We cannot afford to be precious.

especially if a long throw him helps us score (JFC's)

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Love the long throw scenario ,and if its a danger to the opposition and gets the crowd going and gives the team a bit of a chance in the box what is the problem.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The long throw is more dangerous than a free kick. It is generally more pin-pointed.

The next step is to drop someone in to the free space created by the retreating defenders. This will make the box less congested and keep them guessing.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Awaits someone to say that in light of this new found wonder tactic we should never have sold Steve Cook :whistle:

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
we need points and i dont mind how we get them,
until Blackpool away when i expect us to play like Brazil (1970 style of course)

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
Great throws from Greg, but his man marking of Murray was non-existent.....he let him run to the ball for their second. Will be a lot better in defence when Greer is back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here