[Football] Half-time to be extended to 25min?!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think there should be time outs and mid half breaks as well.

Is it possible to eat 5 pies and neck10 pints in one game ?

There's only one way to find out. It's the 'Merican way.

And split each half into 2 to make it four quarters….also have a two minute warning break per quarter….and Mike up the referees to explain why they have made a decision…and have 4 linesmen in each half and give them yellow dusters to throw at the likes of Grealish when he falls over…

It’s a winner

300CCD70-6A05-4264-B20A-5FCDE1C9D184.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Although midweek games at the Goldstone were always 7.45 when everyone else started at 7.30.

Were they? It would make sense. I worked near Portslade station every evening till 7.00 and got the bus to the Goldstone and never missed a kick off, so that would make sense. 1972-4

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Let’s just ditch half time altogether. That would make it more interesting. 90 minutes straight, with no break.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Honest question - why haven't we got a system - like the theatre - where you can pre-book your half-time / full-time refreshments well before kick-off?

That would mean the staff could be pouring pints in the 10 minutes leading up the the whistle and people could just pitch up to show their receipt and grab their order?

I think extending to 20 mins is OK but 25 is a tad too far.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Honest question - why haven't we got a system - like the theatre - where you can pre-book your half-time / full-time refreshments well before kick-off?

That would mean the staff could be pouring pints in the 10 minutes leading up the the whistle and people could just pitch up to show their receipt and grab their order?

I'm guessing it's because it isn't the pouring that's the problem - just processing that many orders.

I'm guessing there are anywhere between 400 - 1000 orders in the North stand at half time.
In the theatre, probably less than 50.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

We do have that system............in 1901 and they've really started pushing it this season.

You'd think it would be that easy wouldn't you. Harveys lounge has been a nightmare because of this a couple of times this season because they haven't finished pouring the half time beers before the rush of people come into purchase over the bar. Their focus has been on finishing those orders and that only meaning no one is serving. Twice there have been queues out the door.

Also not sure it would really be feasible from a numbers point of view in the stands. Where would you keep all the pulled pints?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

I went in the 1901 club a few seasons ago, there were pre ordered trays of drinks and snacks waiting for people at half time.

IT's all getting to Corporate and Americanised it's far from inconceivable most of the ground will be hospitality and the 'crowd' will be CGI within the next 20 years. we'll all be confined to our homes watching in a VR portaloo.

Maybe.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I'm all for this extended 25 minute half time as long as they lop 5 minutes off each half of football. Especially the way we are playing at the moment.:moo:

(An 80 minute match would have ensured a point at Villa)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm guessing it's because it isn't the pouring that's the problem - just processing that many orders.

I'm guessing there are anywhere between 400 - 1000 orders in the North stand at half time.
In the theatre, probably less than 50.

I think they trialled this one season in the WSU, perhaps in other stands too.
Presumably wasn't a success as its never come back. .

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Can't be bothered to read the rest, but presumably part of Tracey Crouch's 'fan led' initiative to sell as much beer as possible to keep poorly run clubs afloat.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I hope this doesnt happen.. Imagine the poor half time 'entertainment' after a few seasons when they've run out of ideas.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
IFAB today have rejected a South American proposal for halftime to be allowed to be extended from 15 to 25 minutes.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm all for this extended 25 minute half time as long as they lop 5 minutes off each half of football. Especially the way we are playing at the moment.:moo:

(An 80 minute match would have ensured a point at Villa)

- and a defeat at Selhurst

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports