Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Hair Transplants etc

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I agree and am like that as a person I really am - but something about getting a hairline back and confidence that would get me to do it if I could afford it - which I never would…
A colleague had his done a few years ago and he’s always having to get it serviced. It looks like an ongoing expensive ball ache. And the results are not dramatic - he’s gone from bald to having thin hair.
If one op could guarantee Conte-esque results then I would seriously consider it. Im not sure on reality it’s the case though (unless you have Conte’s money).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Another one is tats. Why in God's name would anyone pay to be hurt? And then consign yourself to more pain and cost trying to get them removed or mask them with cosmetics in your old age? Mental.
Only a seagull for me 😜

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Never had this problem and looking at my relatives, not going to have it either. But it looks quite natural most of the times these days I think. Some really should avoid it though... not sure what Antonio Conte gained from going from bald, tough midfielder/manager to suddenly getting that "Grandma Paul McCartney"-look.
I would love to see a pic of you swansman and I think I speak for 99% of NSC - in fact I’d like to see your house / village or town / family / friends - oh shit this now sounds weird.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Never had this problem and looking at my relatives, not going to have it either. But it looks quite natural most of the times these days I think. Some really should avoid it though... not sure what Antonio Conte gained from going from bald, tough midfielder/manager to suddenly getting that "Grandma Paul McCartney"-look.
Mullet of Kintyre I'd a thought......

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have been given to understand that it comes down the male line and skips a generation, so it's only your Dad's Dad you need to check :wink:

I would love to see a pic of you swansman and I think I speak for 99% of NSC - in fact I’d like to see your house / village or town / family / friends - oh shit this now sounds weird.
I'm sure @Swansman has posted a picture and IIRC he looked, somewhat unsurprisingly, like David Crosby just past his best :wink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A colleague had his done a few years ago and he’s always having to get it serviced. It looks like an ongoing expensive ball ache. And the results are not dramatic - he’s gone from bald to having thin hair.
If one op could guarantee Conte-esque results then I would seriously consider it. Im not sure on reality it’s the case though (unless you have Conte’s money).
That’s a transplant I assume? Don’t worry I’m not getting one - I’m just curious. It costs a bomb too and has no guaranteed results.

Oh great comms just saying Fulham we’re fortunate at Brighton as I type this - not helping me forget 🤣

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Jeez Sheebo, where do you get that stat from? 😂
PS I’ve seen a pic of Swansman. He’s surprisingly conventional-looking,

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A little weird maybe but I understand as I also tend to get really curious about such things.

Made a video a year ago or something where I described the horseconomy the Graham Potter Cult would introduce in society upon taking over the world, so here's me at least:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A little weird maybe but I understand as I also tend to get really curious about such things.

Made a video a year ago or something where I described the horseconomy the Graham Potter Cult would introduce in society upon taking over the world, so here's me at least:

Can’t get over your accent - even though it’s obvious it would be like that. Annoying, you’re surprisingly ordinary (in a good way) 🤣

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I have been given to understand that it comes down the male line and skips a generation, so it's only your Dad's Dad you need to check :wink:

I'm sure @Swansman has posted a picture and IIRC he looked, somewhat unsurprisingly, like David Crosby just past his best :wink:
I've heard it does indeed skip a generation but that it is grandfather the mothers side.

Man, why don't you have different names for them.

In Swedish:
grandma on the mothers side = mormor (mothermother)
grandma on the fathers side = farmor (fathermother)
grandpa on the mothers side = morfar (motherfather)
grandpa on the fathers side = farfar (fatherfather)

Very practical. Weird that despite the endless riches of the English language there are still some not so smooth things.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've heard it does indeed skip a generation but that it is grandfather the mothers side.

Man, why don't you have different names for them.

In Swedish:
grandma on the mothers side = mormor (mothermother)
grandma on the fathers side = farmor (fathermother)
grandpa on the mothers side = morfar (motherfather)
grandpa on the fathers side = farfar (fatherfather)

Very practical. Weird that despite the endless riches of the English language there are still some not so smooth things.
Just remembered I have a friend with a Swedish mum and her kids call the nan Mormor and always have - how funny.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Good to put a (surprisingly youthful and pleasant!) face to your name but that’s still a lot of big Potter horseshit going on there, Swansman 😂

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good to put a (surprisingly youthful and pleasant!) face to your name but that’s still a lot of big Potter horseshit going on there, Swansman 😂
I reckon that’s not him and he’s paid someone to do it. The Swansman I know looks a lot more ropey and isn’t as articulate vocally.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've never much liked my hair, although now It's started leaving I am regretful.
So . . .I may be skipping a bit here, but if you could win literally any kind of receptacle, for Spurs, you could afford to turn Duncan Goodhew into Sideshow Bob?

I've never liked my hair, but now its started leaving home I'm growing to love it . . .although the hairs That have decided to stay seem to have moved from my fringe to less flattering parts.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No it doesn't, and no it didn't.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I thought about it a couple of years ago and then read that you would probably need top up treatments and thought bugger that.
On top of that some of the most rich and famous men in the world, and I don't mean sportsmen who seem naturally vain, never bothered so just let it slide.
I'm kind of thinning rather than a baldy man.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I've been slowly receding for about 20 years but where my hair grows its still very thick. Now I'm almost 40 I've kind of come to terms with losing it altogether but it still clings on 😀

I do envy people who can pull off the skin head look. When i shaved mine off during lockdown I looked like a neo nazi with a terrible illness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here