Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hair Today. Gone Tomorrow.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Having a twin brother who already shaves his head, does give me a huge advantage in knowing what i will look like when the time comes !

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Uncle Spielberg, how old are you?
When did you first realise you we're losing hair?

The best medically proven cure is a drug called finasteride.
You can get this in a 1mg format called propecia or in a 5mg form called proscar ( proscar is prescribed for prostrate problems by the way )
Both are prescription drugs so you need to talk to your doc.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Did mine at 30, never looked back, saves all that embarrassing comb over or attempted cover up, takes a minute to wash it ... live is but a dream!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Well I know the folicles have been challenged for some time, many years infact but I did the mirror to the top of the head challenge today and it was a HORRIFIC site. The balding patch is rather large now and will say hello to the receeding hairline at the sides quite soon now I fear. You can't see this from a front look in the mirror.

When did you realise the " game was up " ? Were you bothered and what did you do ?

I feel like saying " f*ck it ", the old barnet has put up a brave fight for a long time but give it up now and having a drastic shaving of the barnet. Tight and cropped.

What did you do when you realised the fight was almost over ?

So have you done it yet, US?

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
I'm considering minoxidil (regaine), used by mate of mine, also in his 50s, whose hair is regrowing on top.

I've been looking into it, only downsides seem to be itchiness and hair fall in first few months.

It's only a recent problem for me after I started a new internet-based hobby, on the plus side I've developed chest hair but hope I won't go blind.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
i have way too much hair. it overgrows within a month, main problem being it grows quicker SIDEWAYS than UPWARDS so i get a bowlcut veyr quickly

my dads does the same - hes in his late 50s and has got TONS of hair, and only just starting to go grey

hope this helps

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
52 and still a full head of hair , even though it is ginger.

I will admit that washing my face takes a little longer than it did 5 years ago , but apart from that it's all good up there .

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Baldness doesn't run in my family however I still get my head shaved every few weeks because my hair goes like wool and I can't be bothered p*ssing about with hair gel or wax. The barber nearly ruined his blades by getting it as short as possible last week.

Head hair is for women.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Forties with a luxuriant mop of strawberry blonde locks, slim and only moderately in debt.

Life is good.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I was told in 1975 by a hairdresser in France at the age of 21 or 22 that my hair was beginning to go thin on top.

It was my 60th birthday on Monday, and I still have about as much hair now as I did then. If I were to be photographed from above, it would probably - do, definitely - show as being thinning, but there is still a reasonable amount, and I have it fairly long, still, at my hairdresser's suggestion. It is fairly wavy.

My older brother has been as bald as a coot since about the age of 25, as was our father.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
What about THIS? The Power Grow Laser Comb

grow_comb3.jpg=600

I have absolutely no idea if it works.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Got the genes from the right side of my family, both my brothers went bald early on, I have a full head of healthy hair. For now.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Never mentioned it in my post on this thread and not sure if anyone else did.

Remember US the reason you are going bald is because you are testosterone fuelled. Should please the ladies!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My fringe started going at 18. I started shaving my swede at around 22 and have had the Bruno/Richard Fairbrass look ever since. I never shave my head really short and am rarely clean shaven...I don't like the egg look. Also, it's a hair cut you need to stay trim for; being chubby, middle-aged with a bald head isn't a good look. Trim, middle-aged with some nice clothes and you can be a winner. And choose Rayban aviators over wrap-around shades EVERY time.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Remember US the reason you are going bald is because you are testosterone fuelled. Should please the ladies!!!

Of all the things I've heard US called over the years, and there's been a lot, I think this is probably the furthest from the truth.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How about a REMF charity head shave for US?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here