Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hair Today. Gone Tomorrow.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm 30 and my hair is pretty thick all over but thinner on top and I've got the traditional v look was thinking about getting it cut closer to be graceful about it but after asking some female friends they said it was fine, can't see it lasting till my 40s though

I do think its best to accept these things and own it rathet than trying to cover it up.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'm 30 and in my mid 20's started using a cheaper american regain type solution. Did nothing for about six months but eventually started working still have the v at the front but zero baldness at the crown and where the hair was thinning its thick again. I use full strength every other day and never use shampoo anymore just water.

It doesn't work for every one but it costs me about £100 a year and the confidence boost was huge...give it a bash I say

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Some people look great bald. I mean Bruce Willis for example would look like an absolute tit with any hair now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well I know the folicles have been challenged for some time, many years infact but I did the mirror to the top of the head challenge today and it was a HORRIFIC site. The balding patch is rather large now and will say hello to the receeding hairline at the sides quite soon now I fear. You can't see this from a front look in the mirror.

When did you realise the " game was up " ? Were you bothered and what did you do ?

I feel like saying " f*ck it ", the old barnet has put up a brave fight for a long time but give it up now and having a drastic shaving of the barnet. Tight and cropped.

What did you do when you realised the fight was almost over ?

Recently you wrote (or commented on a post about) going grey. FFS relax about your hair. Just shave what's left down to something saucy and stop being so cinematic.

;-)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am going grey and bald at the same time. A double whammy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am going grey and bald at the same time. A double whammy.

Its nothing. Its when your rectum's hanging down your inside leg, and you can't see it because your belly is in the way its time to worry :)

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
keep-calm-and-have-a-comb-over.png

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Started going bald aged 20. Use to clipper every week down to a 0.5 until the age of 25. Now I just use a Mach3 once a week and go Kojak. Haven't paid for a haircut in 12 years. :thumbsup:

Ladies love a baldy. Granted not everyone has a good head shape but mine is perfect to be a baldy.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I was receding at the front and crown at the age of 18, looked stupid so shaven it all at 20, haven't looked back since, don't miss it and I think I'd look strange with hair now and I'm still only 34!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If you haven't gone bald by 40 you probably never will. This has been told to me by more than one 'hair professional', I guess I will have to keep on paying the buggers then :(

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Was in M & S changing rooms with all those surround mirrors.

I looked and thought who is that bald bloke in here with me, then realised it was me. What a shock.

I knew I was receding but hadn't realised the bald patch was so big.

Anyway, easy now, am used to it and relaxed about. Just a quick no.1 and all is right with the world.

Pretty much the same for me except I was in a line waiting for a cashier at the bank. I looked up at the security camera feed and thought ' who's that bald bloke ' doh !

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Hang on there was an advert on the racing channel for regaine. Anyone tried this sh*t ?

I started losing hair just after my transplant was carried out (1998)...it was just a slight thinning at first,my hair turned silver ...one day went for haircut ...the girl washed my hair....sat up so that she could cut my hair...looked in the mirror and was shocked at my massive bald patch. I thought about this regaine but I went to the chemist and she told me that it does work for about a six weeks...then your hair starts falling out again and you have to use it again...and at nigh on £50 a turn it can be an expensive battle....£320 a year is it worth it ?
But....I have found a sort of cure....I sprayed some stuff I found in my bathroom cabinet (which my wife used when she was alive) and because it made the scalp itch slighty I gave my scalp a lot short sharp hard slaps...did this every morning and lo and behold my hair started regrowing...it is still silver but at least it's there.
First I claim any rights to this rememdy and secondly I have written a lot of leads for the comics on here to make fun..,...go for it boys...

Serious about it working tho'

?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Well being into the Psycho/ Rockabilly a quiff is pretty integral part of the image and I used to shave the sides with a razor (the barbers would not shave with a cut throat for the fear of aids and other stupid reasons) go the barbers and he would blend the sides in and I had a very nice quiff, not to big or silly just right. Anyways I noticed when I was about 34 that it had started receding. I thought well I can cling onto this as long as possible, however on the scene there are some right sad feckers with a little whispy quiff and a great big bald spot at the back and I had promised myself never to do that so off it all came and I shave it with a razor twice a week and luckily I have a good shaped head and a great collection of hats..... coming up for ten years now with no hair and yes if there was a cure that was 100% provable I guess I would have it back, but I am happy and it does not bother me....

Uncle shave it off and buy some decent hats from the Mad hatter in the North laines.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I am going through the same dilema US, do i shave it all off, or maybe get a couple more years out of it.

There is nothing worse than a man trying to cling onto his hair.

Plus there are bonuses, save cash cut your own hair, gotta be valuable time saved in the morning shower, and women actually like a shaved head i am told...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here