Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hahahaha Classic Arsenal Fan Rant

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Of course one result against a team that are also-rans in what is pretty much a one-team league these days only temporarily conceals the cracks and the pressure will be back on Wenger if Arsenal lose at Fulham on Saturday. However, Arsenal showed a lot of character to respond in the way they did after their defeat to an improving Aston Villa side who are dangerous on the counter-attack and made the most of their numerical advantage.

I think one noticeable difference was that Cazorla played tonight whereas he didn't feature against Villa as he'd been playing in Spain's friendly in Ecuador in midweek and so Wenger rested him. Despite what some of the Anglocentric pundits tell you, Jack Wilshere isn't the man who makes Arsenal tick, Cazorla is and I would expect that Arsenal's record with him in the team stacks up better than when he is not.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
The guy's passion about his club is brilliant, hes pretty much spot on to.

I hope they seek this guy out and ask him what he thinks of his comments now...

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
football fans are dicks sometimes

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
How things change in football... However i do fully expect another 'crisis' at Arsenal at some point during the season

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Wenger OUT!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Perhaps this is my massive bias speaking (as I do have a soft spot for the Arsenal, please don't hate me), but I hope people are happy to see Wenger treat himself to a nice little £40m present in Ozil.

He's made a profit over his whole time at Arsenal, seen a new stadium built and brought through some ridiculous players on peanuts. Seeing his face light up with glee as Ozil glides around the pitch is lovely to see.

Everyone deserves a treat Arsene.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He's made a profit over his whole time at Arsenal, seen a new stadium built and brought through some ridiculous players on peanuts.

This is what so many people miss. He brings through and develops young talent. He doesn't sign large numbers of top players for top money and hope they work out unlike some :whistle:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Arsene Wenger is probably my favourite manager in the Premiership, he does things right and Arsenal play some lovely football I don't think they will win the league but they'll be top 4 as always, Arsenal as a club must be one if the richest in the world now, Wenger has really set the club up for the future.

D

Deleted member 18477

How things change in football... However i do fully expect another 'crisis' at Arsenal at some point during the season

This. Arsenal wont pull it together for 38 games.. still a few players short.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To take the contrarian view on this, and I know it makes first world problems seem horrifying, but:-

- Arsenal haven't won a trophy for 10 (?) seasons. Bar a league cup defeat to Birmingham haven't looked like winning one either.
- Their stated aim has been to finish fourth in the Premier League.
- They have the second richest man, in the country buying his way in, but then not spending. In that time teams like City and Chelsea have blasted past Arsenal.
- Arsenal is the most expensive team the country to support, many a gooner is now priced out of the club.
- They have a manager who takes responsibility for EVERYTHING, which is great at times like now, but tough going when the chips are down.
- Spurs are constantly snapping at their heels.
- As and when the wheels do come off the Arsene Bus, Arsenal's slide has the potential to be massive.

But when all is said and done they are still all a bunch of whinging whining ungrateful twunks.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
To take the contrarian view on this, and I know it makes first world problems seem horrifying, but:-

- Arsenal haven't won a trophy for 10 (?) seasons. Bar a league cup defeat to Birmingham haven't looked like winning one either. Last 10 years won the FA Cup SF x 1 QF x 1, runners up twice in League Cup either QF or SF for every other year (and Wenger ALWAYS plays his u21 team in League Cups), Champions League runners up. Haven't looked like winning? Yeah, right.
- Their stated aim has been to finish fourth in the Premier League. Finished 2nd x 1, 3rd x 3, 4th x 5. Job done. EVERY year.
- They have the second richest man, in the country buying his way in, but then not spending. In that time teams like City and Chelsea have blasted past Arsenal. As above, they remain a top 3 or 4 side and have done so for 20 years.
- Arsenal is the most expensive team the country to support, many a gooner is now priced out of the club As are Chelsea, Spurs, Fulham and QPR fans. Brighton fans have now been heard to say this.
- They have a manager who takes responsibility for EVERYTHING, which is great at times like now, but tough going when the chips are down. Like when they finish 4th having only managed one SF or runners up in a cup?
- Spurs are constantly snapping at their heels And constantly failing. EVERY year.
- As and when the wheels do come off the Arsene Bus, Arsenal's slide has the potential to be massive.As and when...has potential. Could be said about any of the top sides viz Man Utd

But when all is said and done they are still all a bunch of whinging whining ungrateful twunks. And there's the reason for so much random scollobs in your post. You don't like them

Answered for you

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Answered for you

I do like them, I like them enough to listen to them talking about their club, and those are the gripes I've picked up on.
I've booked ended those 'problems' explaining that I don't agree, and your facts go someway to underlining that point.

But that doesn't change the fact, Arsenal have won nothing, are paying tax in profits instead of buying players, they are in a precarious position being the team most likely to drop from the top 4, (although Utd might have a say in that) selling key players to nearest rivals, all the while the fans have paid through the nose.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
they are in a precarious position being the team most likely to drop from the top 4, (although Utd might have a say in that) selling key players to nearest rivals, all the while the fans have paid through the nose.

Top of the league and been top 4 for the last 20 odd years and bought probably the most exciting and arguably the only world class signing of the last transfer window. A year or so ago I would have agreed with you but now they are starting to spend money it's the likes of United who are the most precarious although it's true for any of the top 4 clubs.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
they spent money though which is what the fan wanted. i still think they will fall off again soon though, unless they strengthen in january.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The guy's passion about his club is brilliant, hes pretty much spot on to.

LOLz

Now a whopping EIGHT points clear of the mighty Man Utd.

They've gotta get this guy back for a follow-up interview...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here