Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hahahaha Classic Arsenal Fan Rant

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Difficult to argue with that really. For me, I think they've forgotten how to spend money. Going after Suarez and Rooney (and Gustavo and Higuain) has wasted their summer by pursuing the wrong players. THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE!!! Why waste 3 months chasing players, in particular Rooney and Suarez, who their clubs won't let leave.

its daft but i think about right. maybe its practical, they've lost contacts, relations with the other clubs and agents. Rooney i think was media speculation (doesnt suit Arsenal or Arsene), but if the Suarez thing wasnt going to happen after a week, move on. the funny thing is they still need exactly the same positions improved they've needed for 3-4 seasons, so you'd have thought they'd have a dozen players earmarked ready to rock in June.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Difficult to argue with that really. For me, I think they've forgotten how to spend money. Going after Suarez and Rooney (and Gustavo and Higuain) has wasted their summer by pursuing the wrong players. THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE!!! Why waste 3 months chasing players, in particular Rooney and Suarez, who their clubs won't let leave?

It is a farce and I completely understand their frustrations.

Which forwards do you think they should have pursued then?

D

Deleted member 18477

the funny thing is they still need exactly the same positions improved they've needed for 3-4 seasons, so you'd have thought they'd have a dozen players earmarked ready to rock in June.

This! I know NSC would be going into meltdown if WE needed the same players in the same positions season after season to try and achieve our objectives!

If wenger came out and said Arsenal are no longer title contenders and they're just fighting for top 6 due to whatever reasons then we could take the piss out of their fans. However they're being mugged off season after season by the manager and board as things currently stand...

Yes Wenger has done wonderful things for the club but current circumstances hint him and the board have been lying for a long time now about their actual season objectives. Evidence shows its just about making as much profit as possible and not actually winning things!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Evidence shows its just about making as much profit as possible and not actually winning things!

Wouldn't that be true for nearly every PL club? If you offered any chairman or managing director the choice between making £100m clear profit or making a loss but winning the League Cup, I reckon that the vast majority of clubs would take the money.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The part-lunacy for me is in attempting to get that clinical finisher that would be the icing on the cake yet have a completely laughable backline and no notable defensive midfielder that can boss games. They've been a spineless side for some time now and it doesn't look as if the aim is to strengthen their backbone.

D

Deleted member 18477

Wouldn't that be true for nearly every PL club? If you offered any chairman or managing director the choice between making £100m clear profit or making a loss but winning the League Cup, I reckon that the vast majority of clubs would take the money.

Kind of yea but Arsenal are in a different league when it comes to not re-investing back into the squad...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Long may this continue at Arsenal. Tony Meola's Loan Spell and I have a very good mate who's a long-term STH with the Gunners but we're making it our mission in life to convert him to the Albion. We're nearly there.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
He's spot on for me. Arsenal have said they have money to spend... and promised the fans to spend it...

Arsenal need a new GK, new CB, new DM, new CF to have any chance of the title - even i can see that, why cant wenger?

Recent years...
Sold a.cole to title rival chelsea
Sold nasri and clichy to title rival City
Sold van persie to title rival Man U

Them sales alone would royally f**k me off if i were them. Especially as all those players have now gone on to win PL title!

Nearly as sickening as seeing Glenn Murray help Palace get promoted.

What is this problem in selling to 'rivals'? Arsenal's rivals are Spurs, after that it is just business.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Spoilt wankers. They don't know how bad it can get. They've never had to watch Robbie Pethick link up on the right with Geoff Pitcher.

I have to say THIS. What hardship it must be not being guaranteed a top 4 finish or champions league football, my heart bleeds :lolol:

Not this. Everything is relative.

It's a bit like if you won the lottery and started staying in lots of expensive hotels. One day you go to bed and find shit stains on the sheets, if that happened you'd complain, you wouldn't just shrug it off and say "oh well, some people have shit stains on the sheets every day at the Travelodge"

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
"Could that have WENT any worse?"

*cringe*

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Yes, but HAVE the Romans ever done for us?

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One game played and the meltdown in both the media and from the fans is laughable. Similar to when they got spanked 6-0 (?) by United last season, remind me again where did they eventually finish? The "Wenger's time is up" line is trotted out early season every season but they keep finishing up in the Champion's League, my heart bleeds :rolleyes:

If they are looking for change maybe Gus is their man, similar style, fulfil Gus' ambition to manage at the top and he'd have no trouble spending money for them either. Might even do quite well there?

Last edited:

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
One game played and the meltdown in both the media and from the fans is laughable. Similar to when they got spanked 6-0 (?) by United last season, remind me again where did they eventually finish? The "Wenger's time is up" line is trotted out early season every season but they keep finishing up in the Champion's League, my heart bleeds :rolleyes:

If they are looking for change maybe Gus is their man, similar style, fulfil Gus' ambition to manage at the top and he'd have no trouble spending money for them either. Might even do quite well there?

this arsenal team is the weakest in recent times though, they got rid of 27 players this window :lol: wiltshere will get injured as usual, the ox is out for up to 6 months already, arteta is out for 8 weeks, gibbs, monreal, rosicky, ramsey and diaby are all injured, and probably sagna to. unless they make some signings no way a team like that can compete highly in all competitions.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
problem with Wenger is that he is under so much scrutiny by the board over ANY money he spends - he has to present in front of them the reason why he has signed player x for amount y, and im not sure many other managers have to do that

would explain why he is reticent to splash out big

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here