Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guy that collapsed outside Away end

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
It shouldn't be just at venues that have "advanced medical facilities and professional personnel" nearby that people might have the chance of benefitting from the ready availability of defibrillation equipment.

This stuff should be pretty much EVERYWHERE that the public have access to.

Kerry Mayo is working with the Connor Sanders Fund charity to raise money and get defibrillators into non-league football grounds. But shops and offices should also be aware of the benefits of doing their bit - both with equipment and trained staff.

Yes, I agree. I think that the two defribs that we raised money for, are on the Pier and at the Cricket ground.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Terry - all the best buddy
James - top, top man. Look in the mirror and be proud

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's a wonderful tale, don't get me wrong, but is it only me that thinks the club worded press release is a bit much?

I'm surprised Terry didn't take the opportunity to appeal for fans to make sure they buy their tickets for the play-offs run-in.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Brighton and Hove Albion have always led the way in terms of defibrillators. The Goldstone was the first football stadium in the world to have a defibrillator and paramedics on duty. At the time of Hillsborough, it was still one of the very few that did have such kit which is now mandatory although not as many as there are at the Amex. Well done to the club for ensuring that this kit is available.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's a wonderful tale, don't get me wrong, but is it only me that thinks the club worded press release is a bit much?

No, not at all having walked past the incident. It was very public.

If it gets the message across that having the correct equipment and trained staff saves lives, I'm more than comfortable with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here