Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Great stuff Gus.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The interesting thing about Sunderland this season is their fixture list. They've already played Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United, Newcastle, Chelsea and Tottenham at home. Obviously, that means their remaining home games are against just about everyone else, which equals PLENTY of opportunities for wins. Okay, they're going to pick up next to nothing away, as they still have to visit all those teams, but it's home form that keeps you up and Gus couldn't ask for anything better than this run at the Stadium of Light: Norwich, Villa, Southampton, Stoke, Hull, West Brom, Palace, West Ham, Everton, Cardiff and Swansea on the final day. That's all their remaining fixtures at home this season in order. I think he's got a very good chance of pulling off an escape.

They must still have some winable away games to and only need a couple along with some home wins. The result tonight will give them confidence to go on and get some results.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The interesting thing about Sunderland this season is their fixture list. They've already played Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United, Newcastle, Chelsea and Tottenham at home. Obviously, that means their remaining home games are against just about everyone else, which equals PLENTY of opportunities for wins. Okay, they're going to pick up next to nothing away, as they still have to visit all those teams, but it's home form that keeps you up and Gus couldn't ask for anything better than this run at the Stadium of Light: Norwich, Villa, Southampton, Stoke, Hull, West Brom, Palace, West Ham, Everton, Cardiff and Swansea on the final day. That's all their remaining fixtures at home this season in order. I think he's got a very good chance of pulling off an escape.

I do wonder how Gus will approach those tough away matches. They're all pressure games too at the top, especially when the spring months arrive. I can see Sunderland getting something at Liverpool because he'll say again what a top fella Luis Suarez is! He put his neck on the line for him when everyone was ready to condemn him without evidence over the Patrice Evra thing. The board will back him financially in January and he'll find the right players. The only mid-table side they might face near the end is Swansea. Those are the sort of games you dream of with players thinking of their summer holidays - not six pointers against sides like West Ham or Cardiff.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Deja vu all over again watching Sunderland...

Pratting around at the back and no shots on target in the first half.

and then beating Chelsea. Yep, definitely deja vu

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here