Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus up to his old tricks again

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
yes but it seems there was a second season option and he neglected to inform the club he would not be taking it up before announcing it to the press. Technically nothing secret but really not the way to do it as always with Gus

Poyet further angered the club by revealing details of a private meeting he had held with Melissanidis.

The owner knew as he'd had a meeting. What Gus did was tell everyone including the team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
0.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He could have left everything as it was until after the last game, without causing drama.

Absolute selfish tosser.

Exactly, in Gus' head his ego comes before everything and everybody. He really doesn't give a shit about fans or the clubs who pay his wages. I wonder which club has the delights of Gus' musings and rants next?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Am I right in thinking he has Charlie Oatway out there with him?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I tried telling you lot what a tosser he was whilst he was still at brighton , you wouldnt have it, this is a man who tranferred to tottenham from chelsea which is bad enough, but compounded it by kissing the tottenham badge in front of the chelsea fans after scoring against us , it'd be like murray kissing the palace badge after scoring in front of the north stand, he's a :wanker:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Isn't it refreshing not to have to put up with this kind of shit from our present manager.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I tried telling you lot what a tosser he was whilst he was still at brighton , you wouldnt have it, this is a man who tranferred to tottenham from chelsea which is bad enough, but compounded it by kissing the tottenham badge in front of the chelsea fans after scoring against us , it'd be like murray kissing the palace badge after scoring in front of the north stand, he's a :wanker:
I can't help thinking that generates more respect than tosserness.

As with Ade-buy-poor sprinting down the pitch to 'give it some' with the Spurs fans after dry humping Arsenal, anything has to be better than 'not celebrate against an old club'. :sick:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Poyet further angered the club by revealing details of a private meeting he had held with Melissanidis.

The owner knew as he'd had a meeting. What Gus did was tell everyone including the team.
What rubbish
He had no reason to tell everyone as it just unsettles the club and supporters ahead of a big game.The man is an utter **** and nothing will change.

The man has no dignity and only cares about one thing....Himself.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Never liked him either from the start and I would bet that if he wasn't the Brighton manager then 99% would've hated him.
The mans a cry baby and cretin and can not handle criticism full stop.

His career will dive and a lower championship club is the best he can hope for here.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I can't help thinking that generates more respect than tosserness.

As with Ade-buy-poor sprinting down the pitch to 'give it some' with the Spurs fans after dry humping Arsenal, anything has to be better than 'not celebrate against an old club'. :sick:
:facepalm:, we'll have to agree to disagree then.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Been said so many times before, both by me and by others, but . . . I did enjoy the ride on the GusBus while he was here.

But that was then, and this is now, and I'm glad we have moved on, and I'm now enjoying watching a different kind of team, led by a different kind of manager.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:facepalm:, we'll have to agree to disagree then.
My mistake.
I had you down as one of 'us', grumbling on about the SkySports gentrification of the game.
All the, hand shaking, ball out of play, not celebrating nonsense, verses good old fashioned irrational anger.

As much as Murray kissing the badge and celebrating like he'd just won the World Cup would make my head explode.
Eventually, (a long time removed) I'd have to respect his actions if the alternative was a gentle jog back to midfield because he 'didn't want to hurt my feelings'.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I liked him here. Since then not so much but will never forget how he transformed the team when he took over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here