Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus seeks reassurances from Tony Bloom about the future!!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think its mental for us to push Gus out. Young manager who is still learning. He takes it badly when we lose. His pride will be hurt at being out thought tactically.
But he brings in good players, gets the team playing with style. He wants to push on , knowing 10 players are out of contract with several loan signings not likely to return he wants to know he can bring people in and re sign key players.

If he us offered the Everton job he should take it. And would have earned it. I hope he is here next season as he will have learnt from these play off games.

Not sure anyone is pushing him out. Seems to be doing that job by himself.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
A larger budget next season should see us serious promotion contenders.

But we are not even allowed to run at the same budget as last year. Which was over 8 million in the red. Here's a fact for Gus and some thicko fans who haven't grasped it yet......

THE CLUB MUST BE RUNNING AT A LOSS OF 8 MILLION POUNDS OR LESS FOR THE 2013/2014 SEASON OR WE WILL BE HIT WITH A TRANSFER EMBARGO FROM JANUARY 2015 UNTIL OUR FINANCES ARE SORTED.

The last financial report we submitted showed that we ran at a loss of 8 and a bit million for the 2011/2012 season. We don't know what it is for the 2012/2013 season yet but I suspect it's higher.

THE BUDGET CANNOT BE INCREASED AND ACTUALLY MUST BE REDUCED TO COMPLY WITH LEAGUE REGULATIONS.

There. That's that cleared up then.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
But we are not even allowed to run at the same budget as last year. Which was over 8 million in the red. Here's a fact for Gus and some thicko fans who haven't grasped it yet......

THE CLUB MUST BE RUNNING AT A LOSS OF 8 MILLION POUNDS OR LESS FOR THE 2013/2014 SEASON OR WE WILL BE HIT WITH A TRANSFER EMBARGO FROM JANUARY 2015 UNTIL OUR FINANCES ARE SORTED.

The last financial report we submitted showed that we ran at a loss of 8 and a bit million for the 2011/2012 season. We don't know what it is for the 2012/2013 season yet but I suspect it's higher.

THE BUDGET CANNOT BE INCREASED AND ACTUALLY MUST BE REDUCED TO COMPLY WITH LEAGUE REGULATIONS.

There. That's that cleared up then.

You could run at a loss of 8 million again and in theory have a larger wage budget. Just because you have to keep within 5million of your break even line, does not mean your budget is necessarily smaller.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If we want an extra £10M in the budget, easy - no problemo. Sell Liam Bridcutt.

If Gus does not want to do that, good, I agree.

But someone needs to remind Gus - "Das fooball".

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
If we want an extra £10M in the budget, easy - no problemo. Sell Liam Bridcutt.

If Gus does not want to do that, good, I agree.

But someone needs to remind Gus - "Das fooball".

Yep as long as we fund our own increased budget by selling players and increasing revnues he can do it. What he can't do is go to Tony Bloom with his hand out and demand more money. Bloom is NOT allowed to give him any.

IT'S THE LAW.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The problem is the way Gus projects himself to the media. The only reason for this debate is because we all have the impression that Gus just regards us as a stepping stone to greater things. Some is speculation by the press but still wanted to hear whatReading had to say. He has a good track record with us and this would be protected if he went now - and I think he knows this.

Money is an excuse to leave, he's more concerned about protecting his reputation to further his career.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yep as long as we fund our own increased budget by selling players and increasing revnues he can do it. What he can't do is go to Tony Bloom with his hand out and demand more money. Bloom is NOT allowed to give him any.

IT'S THE LAW.

No it's not the law its the rule s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here