Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus saying goodbye to players.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I have to say I'm going to find it absolutely hilarious when the new boss comes in and Barnes continues to play.

The anger and confusion that would follow on here will be a joy to watch!!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
So 5 pages, has anyone asked the question... How do we know he was saying good bye? Just because he was seen walking out of supposedly Barnes house?

I think it would be rude of anyone to go round someone they know's house and leave without saying goodbye. I think it's a safe bet.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
So 5 pages, has anyone asked the question... How do we know he was saying good bye? Just because he was seen walking out of supposedly Barnes house?

Just came round to ours to say cheerio:wave: ---thanking the six of us for our support and drinking the Amex dry on a regular basis :drink:

That's not true BTW:wink:

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Is that supposed to be funny? I'm amazed that the mods allow that word to be used in the context it has. People were born without limbs because of that drug and it caused great suffering to a lot of people. I don't find that funny.

I agree, a totally unacceptable form of insult, only ever fit for 1970's playground and spoken by an 8 year old child

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
So we conclude that Ashley Barnes has a place in Burgess Hill, and most folk have a mate, or someone who knows a mate, who lives next door. He is visited by three different posties each day, two of whom are known to NSC'ers. He also owns a place in Rottingdean and Ovingdean and Woodingdean, or one place that stands on the boundaries of all three. He shops in Tesco, Rottingdean, Burgess Hill, or both. We all know someone who knows Ashley Barnes who may or may not be a quality player.
He is either at home today, or in the west country, and Gus Poyet could be in Sussex.

Next manager anyone ?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
So we conclude that Ashley Barnes has a place in Burgess Hill, and most folk have a mate, or someone who knows a mate, who lives next door. He is visited by three different posties each day, two of whom are known to NSC'ers. He also owns a place in Rottingdean and Ovingdean and Woodingdean, or one place that stands on the boundaries of all three. He shops in Tesco, Rottingdean, Burgess Hill, or both. We all know someone who knows Ashley Barnes who may or may not be a quality player.
He is either at home today, or in the west country, and Gus Poyet could be in Sussex.

Next manager anyone ?
He was renting in Ovingdean, I personally moved him, his wife and all of his possessions into the house he had just bought, in Rottingdean.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I agree, a totally unacceptable form of insult, only ever fit for 1970's playground and spoken by an 8 year old child

I doubt an 8yr old today would know given it was something applied to children born 50 or 60 years ago now. And when I grew up in the 70s I used it as an insult and like most other "insults" you didn't know why, it was just a word you knew you didnt want to be associated with because it was uncool. Wasn't until I was an adult that I knew about the wider context. So don't be too precious my precious, people often say things without some dastardly intent to offend behind it.

What's deroid (another 70s fav) an abbreviation for? I genuinely don't know still. And is anyone a benny tied to a tree?! Wtf was that all about?!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Next manager anyone ?

Genius! In other words he's out with Lord Lucan today?!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It is, however, gratifying to note to no-one has asked whether Mr Barnes lives in a barn and all the associated slurs that could go with that.

No but there are a lot of cow's arses between here and Burgess Hill. It's a safe bet he owns a banjo.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I doubt an 8yr old today would know given it was something applied to children born 50 or 60 years ago now. And when I grew up in the 70s I used it as an insult and like most other "insults" you didn't know why, it was just a word you knew you didnt want to be associated with because it was uncool. Wasn't until I was an adult that I knew about the wider context. So don't be too precious my precious, people often say things without some dastardly intent to offend behind it.

What's deroid (another 70s fav) an abbreviation for? I genuinely don't know still. And is anyone a benny tied to a tree?! Wtf was that all about?!!

Lol, at the age of about 9, some 40 years ago, whilst playing monopoly with the family, I called my brother a "C*** I had no idea what it meant, but that did not stop my C*** of a father walloping me.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Whilst everybody can attribute 'what a miss' to one player or another, notwithstanding the obvious one at Smellhurst I feel that Mr Hammond had more than his fair share last year.
Fair player apart from that though.

:goal:

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton

'Are you a benny tied to a tree ?'
'No'
'Benny on the loose !...'

Something like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here