Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus saying goodbye to players.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well I played golf with Ashley's best mate (Andy Jones, ex Paulton manager) yesterday and he told me lots of things including that Ashley was down staying at his house in the West Country for the weekend. So if Gus was there Ashley wasn't.

Handy base for appearing at the investigation then, rather than driving in from Orpington?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Nice to see the same pathetic individuals slagging off Barnes again. Really sad that people get so much joy out of slagging off players for the team they "support". Lets hope they are more supportive of the new manager.

By the way, like it or not Barnes is one of only two strikers we currently have who will be fit at the start of the season so will feature again. Thought he came back really well after Bolton incident and was inches away from putting us ahead against Palace within seconds of coming on. But no matter what he does, he won't get support from some of his team's "supporters".

Quite, although even if the ball had not cliped Speroni's shoulder many on here would hate him still, some people need somebody to hate for some reason

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well I played golf with Ashley's best mate (Andy Jones, ex Paulton manager) yesterday and he told me lots of things including that Ashley was down staying at his house in the West Country for the weekend. So if Gus was there Ashley wasn't.

But then you would have thought he would be popping back to clean his boots for pre season training that starts tomorrow?

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
But then you would have thought he would be popping back to clean his boots for pre season training that starts tomorrow?

He's returning back today for training that starts tomorrow. When Ash goes off for pre season in Spain his misses will be back down to stay with the Jones family.

Will Ashley sign his new contract? Now that would be telling.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
He's returning back today for training that starts tomorrow. When Ash goes off for pre season in Spain his misses will be back down to stay with the Jones family.

I'm sure the Barnes' will be thrilled at how much personal information you're posting.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I've seen Barnes in Rottingdean quite alot. At least from our first season in the champ and before in league 1, saw him quite often drive down stenying road. Not so much last season, so maybe he moved to burgess hill.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Nice rumour timing. Gus says goodbye to players today, players get told new manager at training tomorrow, announcement by club at 11.30, job's a good 'un.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion have extended the contracts of skipper Gordon Greer, Ashley Barnes, Peter Brezovan, Inigo Calderon and Will Hoskins – exercising one-year options in each player’s contract and extending their deals until June 2014.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Albion have extended the contracts of skipper Gordon Greer, Ashley Barnes, Peter Brezovan, Inigo Calderon and Will Hoskins – exercising one-year options in each player’s contract and extending their deals until June 2014.

Maybe he was only talking complete bollox about the contract bit and the rest is all true

Shammo

Jan 31, 2005
Burgess Hill
Barnes does his grocery shopping in Tescos, Burgess Hill if that helps!!He definitely lives in burgess hill. Lives next door to a mate of mine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here