Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet Interview- Post Match

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
If there is one positive to come out of tonight's latest spineless debacle, it is that time is now certainly up for old greasy jug ears.

Millions of pounds spent, dozens of points carelessly thrown away, a top two squad abysmally managed so that it takes until the 45th match to get in the play-offs, continued bottling of all the big matches, two seasons in a row of capitulating when it matters, endless touting of himself for jobs he won't get close to, one appalling signing after another, the biggest crowd and best stadium in the division yet he thinks we should be grateful to have him, one win in six against our rivals, £5 million worth of strikers and still constant pleas for more cash, 1.5 seasons wasted by his personal failure to sign a target man, a style that is effective in one match out of every five and a willingness to pass the blame that would make Redknapp blush.

And still, after ALL that, he thinks it's acceptable to come out minutes after yet another surrender against Palace and defeat in the play-offs and suggest the club needs to persuade him to stay. Is he for real? Any other manager would be grateful to get another chance with us next season. Well I've got news for you, you smarmy cretin, you won't get a better job than this and you've made yourself look like the **** you are in front of the country tonight. Get out of my club and let a proper football manager realise our potential.

Gus Poyet - unmitigated failure:tosser:

I have banned many others tonight for obvious reasons, I will let other mods deal with you, I am tired and really can't be arsed! in fact I am really annoyed with myself for even responding to your pathetic, "FISHING" "TROLLING" post! but I should know better I guess..................

I will save others the bother though and report the post myself.......don't thank me, your welcome............

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I have banned many others tonight for obvious reasons, I will let other mods deal with you, I am tired and really can't be arsed! in fact I am really annoyed with myself for even responding to your pathetic, "FISHING" "TROLLING" post! but I should know better I guess..................

I will save others the bother though and report the post myself.......don't thank me, your welcome............

I thought he had a point to be fair :shrug:

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
If there is one positive to come out of tonight's latest spineless debacle, it is that time is now certainly up for old greasy jug ears.

Millions of pounds spent, dozens of points carelessly thrown away, a top two squad abysmally managed so that it takes until the 45th match to get in the play-offs, continued bottling of all the big matches, two seasons in a row of capitulating when it matters, endless touting of himself for jobs he won't get close to, one appalling signing after another, the biggest crowd and best stadium in the division yet he thinks we should be grateful to have him, one win in six against our rivals, £5 million worth of strikers and still constant pleas for more cash, 1.5 seasons wasted by his personal failure to sign a target man, a style that is effective in one match out of every five and a willingness to pass the blame that would make Redknapp blush.

And still, after ALL that, he thinks it's acceptable to come out minutes after yet another surrender against Palace and defeat in the play-offs and suggest the club needs to persuade him to stay. Is he for real? Any other manager would be grateful to get another chance with us next season. Well I've got news for you, you smarmy cretin, you won't get a better job than this and you've made yourself look like the **** you are in front of the country tonight. Get out of my club and let a proper football manager realise our potential.

Just cut out the "greasy jug-eared" comments and that would be a half-decent post worthy of debate - you do yourself no favours.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Wondered when you would show up. **** off calling our manager a tosser. Worse than the Palace you are

bWize

Nov 6, 2007

Why would you ban him for discussing very valid points on a Brighton forum?

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
TCB is back with a discharge as powerful as Cliff Richard emptying his gonads.

Bloody hell, the morning was bad enough without having to picture that little sceanrio in my mind - what were you thinking?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The full comments in The Argus really do make it sound as though he is all but out of the door. If he is fearful that FFP rules are going to bring his project to a juddering halt then the smart thing for him to do would be to leave now while his star is seen to be on the rise.

I have been a Gus supporter from day one and his record with us is one of constant progression. I do not want to see him go but that does not mean at any cost. I find his remarks a bit disrespectful to the supporters, who are having a hard time dealing with another dismantling at the hands of Palace, and are far worse towards the chairman, who has seemingly provided him with an extensive wish list to date.

Should Gus throw his weight around in pursuit of silly money then I will not cry over his being firmly shown the door. No man is bigger than the club and we have all worked hard to be where we are now. I don't want to see that jeopardised by rash spending.

Should Gus move on I trust Tony Bloom to make another bold appointment of a manager who will continue to see us play the right way. Journeymen managers need not apply.

What really hurts here is that Palace may have hurt us so much more than just the single defeat. Not reaching the Premier League this season risks seeing our squad dismantled. Will it be possible to mount another promotion push while rebuilding? It's possible but not necessarily probable.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Gus sounded more upset that I felt.

Other comments were his personality in the open. Proper management is different.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
He will be leaving, the club are not happy and an ex Chelsea manager will be at the helm next season.

Benitez? Spainish! Would be able to talk to the squad in native tongue ???

Going back to the Everton job. Would have Premiership football, but even less budget than us :D

Sky Bet now have Gus at 12/1 for the Everton job. Was 20/1 before the start of the evening. Hasn't made the next Man. City manager list yet! lol

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yup got the sense he will be on the way....Everton perhaps?

I'm sorry, but why on earth do you think that Everton would want Gus Poyet as their next manager?. Think about it, what has the man actually achieved?. Yes he got us promoted from League One, but since then we finished mid-table in the Championship last season (10th), and came 4th this time round, only to be found out in the Play-Offs. He has shown promise yes, but he hasn't actually won anything at all yet.

It was in matches like those tonight that a manager tests his mettle, and tonight l'm afraid, he fell woefully short.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here