Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet complains about player recruitment......AT SUNDERLAND...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not sure.

I don't think you can ever see him as a long term appointment. He's always on the verge of a tantrum unless he gets what he wants and that makes him a loose cannon. His behaviour during his last few months at the club got poorer as his head expanded and he started to think he was Alex Ferguson. Not saying it was all his fault but I wouldn't feel comfortable trusting him as club manager again.

Was his behaviour bad before Barber arrived?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Not sure.

I don't think you can ever see him as a long term appointment. He's always on the verge of a tantrum unless he gets what he wants and that makes him a loose cannon. His behaviour during his last few months at the club got poorer as his head expanded and he started to think he was Alex Ferguson. Not saying it was all his fault but I wouldn't feel comfortable trusting him as club manager again.
this.....my favorite manager too but the way it ended here and probably will end at Sunderland makes him a huge gamble. Passionate, yes but a ticking time bomb......unless he was managing his beloved Chelsea with millions to spend on players of his choice while winning The Champions League every Year!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What a strange comparison. Apart from this season we have performed pretty well. Think about it - 2010/11 League I Champions. 2011/12 our first season in the Championship 10th (10th?). 2012/13 Play-offs 4th. 2013/14 Play-offs again 6th.

I meant they've had a problem recruiting quality players as have we, albeit since Poyet left.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
this.....my favorite manager too but the way it ended here and probably will end at Sunderland makes him a huge gamble. Passionate, yes but a ticking time bomb......unless he was managing his beloved Chelsea with millions to spend on players of his choice while winning The Champions League every Year!

Is it a huge gamble for any club when the average length of a manager's job is 18 months? He stayed twice as long as that with us, and has already been at Sunderland for 14 months.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is it a huge gamble for any club when the average length of a manager's job is 18 months? He stayed twice as long as that with us, and has already been at Sunderland for 14 months.

Yes, he destabilises players when he leaves, which has a knock on effect the next seasom

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
unless he was managing his beloved Chelsea with millions to spend on players of his choice while winning The Champions League every Year!

... and if he didn't win the Champions' League every year he would probably blame it on a lack of investment!:lolol:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Can anyone here imagine that TB would ever even consider Gus back here again? And I'm flabbergasted that so many want him back after the loyalty he showed BHA previously. Not only with touting himself around the prem when he was still under contract here. And equally bad unstabalising two of our best players before nicking them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here