Gus Poyet: best win of my career

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He had cocked it up in the first game at the Amex versus Palace. He got his tactics wrong and he underestimated how important that game was to the fans. At that time he had it in his head that Southampton were the team he wanted to beat, not Palace. I believe he acknowledged that he underestimated the importance of the Palace game.

I don't buy this at all. Why would it matter to him who we were playing? He would want us to win every game, surely? I don't believe for one minute that any manager would think "well this isn't our biggest league game of the year so I won't put too much effort into the tactics etc". Palace were the better side on the day and they beat us. I'm sure he tried just as hard to win that game as any other league game that season. I can't see where any underestimating the importance of the game is. You don't get any more points for beating for your rivals. Derby games are for the fans, not the management.

To sum up your entire career in one lucky win against Man City is grandstanding. Its deliberately provaocative, and you dicks are so far up his arse you cant see you've been jilted and disrespected, not just by this statement but by all his behaviour at the end.

If you are actually for real then I honestly think you need some professional help.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
If you are actually for real then I honestly think you need some professional help.

I think you are suffering from some kind of 'rejection denial complex'. He doesnt love you. He doesnt care about you or the club. He was always looking for another lover. He used you. It's painful but you have got to look inside.. I'll be there to support you when you decide to face up to it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think you are suffering from some kind of 'rejection denial complex'. He doesnt love you. He doesnt care about you or the club. He was always looking for another lover. He used you. It's painful but you have got to look inside.. .

Shouldn't you be quoting yourself with these comments?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think you are suffering from some kind of 'rejection denial complex'. He doesnt love you. He doesnt care about you or the club. He was always looking for another lover. He used you. It's painful but you have got to look inside.. I'll be there to support you when you decide to face up to it.

I feel exactly the same about my job, does that make me a closet Uruguayan in that I love my friends and family, but not the organisation that pays my wages?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

That was too far, no way are you for real. Shame.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I think most of us saw that in our lover from the start. We enjoyed some great sex and great times while it lasted, but knew what it was, and knew that it was only a matter of time. We were upset when it finally ended, but quickly moved on, especially when we landed an even better lover - we couldn't believe our luck!

Do we pine after our previous lover in a deluded sense of painful self pity? No. Do we have rejection denial complex? No.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
I think most of us saw that in our lover from the start. We enjoyed some great sex and great times while it lasted, but knew what it was, and knew that it was only a matter of time. We were upset when it finally ended, but quickly moved on, especially when we landed an even better lover - we couldn't believe our luck!

Do we pine after our previous lover in a deluded sense of painful self pity? No. Do we have rejection denial complex? No.

we get pissed off when the old lover tries to rub our noses in it.. by proclaiming publicly that he is now having the best sex he has ever had !
and thats the point.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Of course it's the biggest win of his career as a manager. Why are people so insulted by this?

What the Sunderland fans don't realize yet is that if all goes to plan for Gus I would say that by February 14th he'll be making noises about his love for Chelsea, or how he's always loved the idea of managing a big team in La Liga. And so the world keeps turning.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

This is definitely a wind up. Well done, you had me fooled for while.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What we know is that according to Tony Bloom he called and asked to quit at the end of the season, but would be ok with leaving the next day as well.

From the BBC website talking about Tony Bloom's comments to the fans' forum:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23363030

"He phoned me up and he made it clear to me that he wanted to leave at the end of the season".....On Poyet's phone call to him, Bloom added: "He didn't want to discuss it at all.He said that if he could leave, if it would be allowable for him to leave the next day that would be fine."

That seems pretty conclusive to me that he wanted to leave immediately.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Where have I slagged this off?

So you think beating dagenham is bigger than beating man city.

Ok.

How long have you been deluded for?

'Getting promotion' better than 'slightly lowering your chances of relegation' errr....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports