Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus pledge on new striker

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Surely its better to play our youngsters like Barker/Agdestein given they know the way we play and train with us day in/day out. Any loan signing who hasn't been snapped up by other clubs by now is either going to be super expensive/crap/Simon Church and won't understand the way we play.

And we only need to play 1 striker with 2 wide forwards (Lualua and Buckley)

Totally agree. Give Toby a chance Gus, please?

TNBA

TTF

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Going out in a blaze of glory???

Former England striker Michael Owen is to retire from football at the end of the season.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Remind me of Agdesteins strike rate at Championship level? Has he scored over 22 goals in 113 appearances? If so I'm sure he's the perfect kid to throw into the deep end when we're within spitting distance of the play offs. Sod experience!

Well obviously he hasn't had a chance yet has he. But I'd guess he would score about 22 goals in 113 games. This is hypothetical anyway. he can't even get on the bench. My only point was, Simon Church is toilet!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
When was that announced? Hadn't heard anything about that.

You should ask wozza. apparently it's old news
Quote Originally Posted by Wozza View Post
Any other news from yesterday which has caught your eye this morning?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I think the pledge is worthless now

Maybe it was given knowing that he was likely to be leaving anyway and would be unable to deliver against that pledge.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Totally agree. Give Toby a chance Gus, please?

TNBA

TTF

Gus, like most fans (excluding the "I don't want us to go up now; seventh is progress" brigade), is desperate for a top 6 finish, and knows the development/reserve strikers are no where good enough yet to score against Championship defences.

Get that quality loanee in!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Latest on footballrumours which I hope proves to be correct John Guidetti of Man Ciy to join us on loan. He is the type of player we need scored a lot of goals on loan to Feyenord

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Latest on footballrumours which I hope proves to be correct John Guidetti of Man Ciy to join us on loan. He is the type of player we need scored a lot of goals on loan to Feyenord

Love you BG, you just keep on giving :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here